PDA

View Full Version : Navigation Skills

Astepatatime
06-06-2014, 05:53 PM
We've been on a 15 day trip to Italy, wrapping up in Venice. It's truly been amazing watching the different watercraft share the canals. From large vaporetto's (city buses) to water taxis, to the gondola's, it's a choreographed dance that is impressive to watch.

Some beautiful boats here. I haven't seen a Mastercraft yet, but wouldn't suprise me to know there's one docked somewhere on a canal. We've seen some other lovely boats though. Here's just one - a water taxi. I love the wood boats.

The navigation skills have been amazing to watch. Maneuvering through tight corners, into slips, and around other boats. I guess when they do it all day, the build skills. Really impressive to watch.

mikeg205
06-06-2014, 07:48 PM
cool....:D

DHPRO
06-07-2014, 11:26 AM
Hehe...man I can appreciate that as I learn to drive mine without smashing into other boats and docks!

2RLAKE
06-07-2014, 02:36 PM
Agree ... I was there last year for a conference ... Amazing how they zip around the city ... Beautiful city

Astepatatime
06-07-2014, 11:03 PM
Agree ... I was there last year for a conference ... Amazing how they zip around the city ... Beautiful city

It really is. We spent time in Rome, Positano, Siena, Volterra, Florence, San Gmigano, and Venice and it surprised us...was our favorite.

A few more pictures, most from the from the Grand Canal, to show the variety of watercraft and boat traffic. I did see one Chris Craft. Closest brand of anything we'd recognize. A few inboards, mostly outboards.

Lost connection in this post. Have to re-post pictures in next one.

Astepatatime
06-07-2014, 11:11 PM
Lost connection in this post. Have to re-post pictures in next one.

Pictures