PDA

View Full Version : D-Day

mikeg205
06-06-2014, 10:44 AM
My parents were POW's and were liberated by allied troops a little less than 70 years ago.

Thanks to all that served -- serve and will serve.

What and awesome yet sad day that this so many gave all and the all that gave some!

mike

76S&S
06-06-2014, 10:54 AM
I don't posses the vocabulary or skilled fingers (typing) to show my appreciation to our vets. The sacrifices of those that served and their families is truly appreciated.

DooSPX
06-06-2014, 11:04 AM
Very well said Mike and 76. God Bless our service members and their families.

SpokaneSteve
06-06-2014, 11:17 AM
Second from the left is my 99 year old grandfather at a book signing. He and my Grandmother were at Pearl Harbor and then he also landed at D-Day plus 2. After he landed he eventually was in the Battle of the Bulge and then opened up two concentration camps.

He's 99 years old now and getting pretty frail and forgetful. If you get a chance to meet with Honor Flight vets or Pearl Harbor survivors you should do it now as they will all be gone in a few years.

Home of the free because of the brave.

Cheers, Steve.

mikeg205
06-06-2014, 11:20 AM
Second from the left is my 99 year old grandfather at a book signing. He and my Grandmother were at Pearl Harbor and then he also landed at D-Day plus 2. After he landed he eventually was in the Battle of the Bulge and then opened up two concentration camps.

He's 99 years old now and getting pretty frail and forgetful. If you get a chance to meet with Honor Flight vets or Pearl Harbor survivors you should do it now as they will all be gone in a few years.

Home of the free because of the brave.

Cheers, Steve.

awesome pic!

CantRepeat
06-06-2014, 11:33 AM
93 years old and still a stud!!

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/05/world/europe/d-day-paratrooper-jumps-again/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Waterskibum
06-06-2014, 11:38 AM
93 years old and still a stud!!

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/05/world/europe/d-day-paratrooper-jumps-again/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Ya I about that on the drive into work this am.

God bless our troops, and all those who gave everything to keep us safe.

stuartmcnair
06-06-2014, 12:05 PM
My Uncle was a Colonel in the Army. First jeep into Paris...first to concentration camps. I cannot fathom the horror that man saw. We had someone come in and record his stories and memoirs to CD so they could be archived. If you have anyone close to you from that era you need to get their memories recorded so they will never be forgotten.

At his funeral some of his soldiers recounted their tales and it was both unbelievable to hear and devastating to imagine how people could be so evil. Don't ever let those times be forgotten.