PDA

View Full Version : 2003 X30 Blower 3" or 4"?

03x30
06-05-2014, 11:11 AM
My blower is ridiculously loud but it works. Need to replace it but forgot to measure it before I left the lake .. is it is 3" or 4"? I would guess 4" but ??? 8p Also, any suggestions on blowers with good CFM and quiet?

Jeff d
06-05-2014, 12:02 PM
3" is what my '00 230 has (Same hull).

Jeff d
06-05-2014, 12:06 PM
Also, the reason it's loud is probably because the bearings are shot from getting wet. The intake for the blower needs to be low in the hull to pull the fuel vapors from down where they settle but the blower itself doesn't necessarily need to be there. Next time I replace my blower I'm considering mounting it higher up on the transom but then running a 2' piece of duct off of it down to the bottom of the bilge. This way it will still draw from down low but will not get wet if there's a little water in the bilge.

03x30
06-05-2014, 12:40 PM
Also, the reason it's loud is probably because the bearings are shot from getting wet. The intake for the blower needs to be low in the hull to pull the fuel vapors from down where they settle but the blower itself doesn't necessarily need to be there. Next time I replace my blower I'm considering mounting it higher up on the transom but then running a 2' piece of duct off of it down to the bottom of the bilge. This way it will still draw from down low but will not get wet if there's a little water in the bilge.

That is how mine is installed but clearly has gotten wet ... squeelz like a pig!