PDA

View Full Version : Lake Nottely info?

Kweisner
06-02-2014, 08:02 PM
We are renting a lakeside house on Lake Nottely the first week of August and I am looking for any general info, pointers, hints, etc. We'll have our 197TT and like to ski (and a little wake boarding). I've never skied a course but would like to try. Also enjoy just floating and swimming so any particularly good coves or sandbar locations would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CruisinGA
06-02-2014, 08:54 PM
Buddy of mine has a place on Nottely, I've spent a lot of weekends there. Been awhile since I have been there so some of this info may have changed.
There is a ski course, several channels and coves good for finding decent water.
There are two marinas, one has sort of a restaurant, never eaten there tho.
There is ethanol free gas very close to the lake if you don't feel like paying marina prices.

Nottely is great, but if you feel like exploring another lake one day, come down to Lake Blue Ridge!

CruisinGA
06-03-2014, 04:11 PM
Forgot to mention, let me know if you have any other questions! Hope you have a good vacation!

Kweisner
06-03-2014, 06:42 PM
Thanks CruisinGA. We have vacationed in the area and have hiked around Lake Blue Ridge and know the town. We may try a day over there for some variety as well and we'll definitely go tubing on the Toccoa. Thanks for the info about Nottely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CruisinGA
06-03-2014, 10:39 PM
When we tube/kayak/canoe the Toccoa, we tube all the way to the lake and leave a boat where the river comes in. Few people do this so there aren't many toobers past the last take out.

A couple of years ago they drained the lake to repair the dam, and we toobed all the way to our dock (which was sitting on dry land)!

Have a great time!

ATLX30
06-05-2014, 08:32 AM
CruisinGA, where are you on LBR? I'm over in Sunrise Cove.