PDA

View Full Version : Sticky/Tacky Vinyl

slink976
06-02-2014, 04:18 PM
So my Vinyl is completely jacked. It is sticky and picks up everything. I use Awesome to clean it which is prolly the worst thing in the world for vinyl but I am at my wits end with my vinyl. That all being said I am pretty sure the vinyl is toast in my boat but I want one more season out of it before having to bite the big bullet.

I have seen else where on the web that using mop-n-glo will help with the sticky issues. Has anyone tried it before? Is there anything else I can do to help this sticky/tackiness issue?

Slink

Indyxc
06-02-2014, 05:35 PM
There are a lot of proven products that will make sure your vinyl stays nice and soft, and not sticky.

I use 303 Vinyl Protectant, and people complain it makes the vinyl slick. Lol. So try that.

slink976
06-02-2014, 05:42 PM
I am using that but the stickiness is still there. I know the vinyl is toast and needs a complete redo at this point. Just trying to squeeze one more season out of it.

it's almost like the vinyl now has pours and that is creating the tackiness. My thinking is filling it with a wax to eliminate them. I plan to use mop n glo then 303 over the top of that

Whats wrong with my thinking?

There are a lot of proven products that will make sure your vinyl stays nice and soft, and not sticky.

I use 303 Vinyl Protectant, and people complain it makes the vinyl slick. Lol. So try that.

mikeg205
06-02-2014, 05:48 PM
totally awesome cleaner is cleans the vinyl well but should be followed by 303 protectant. Yikes based on your description the platisizers are leaching out of the vinyl.

Sodar
06-02-2014, 06:21 PM
Rather than order new skins, I'd take the boat to WCMI and have them use the old skins as a pattern. They will do a nice job, at probably the same price Cali Skier is going to charge to get OEM skins and with Cali Skier, you are going to be fighting them to get the skins ordered. Another option is to order the skins from another dealer, like Rambo Marine. Then you can have the skins shipped out here and installed.

http://westcoastmarineinteriors.com/index.php

06MCX15
06-06-2014, 06:00 PM
Use Biokleen amazing cleaner and then finish with a good vinyl protectant. I use the West Marine vinyl protectant. Need to put the oil back in the material. Then let it sit in the sun for a whole day. Hope it works....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk