PDA

View Full Version : X-30 DOWNGRADE to NXT ??

lashburn1
06-01-2014, 06:43 PM
...I kinda brought this up before but.....
We are really liking our Boat and want to use it MORE...

We mostly Surf and Cruise/Tube.

Our boat is Killer, in fact...really one of a kind, even on here where everyone has awesome rides...

BUT...I can't use it in the nearest body of Water, a SALT Water Lagoon with 21' limit...

I would Want/Need an SS to use and boat in Salt on a regular basis, i have a Flush Kit and a Galv MC Trailer now....and I still am afraid to drop it in the bay for a day...

20-21 feet is perfect for our family as it turns out, the X30 is just even more room....

Going to River requires a vacation, and the Lake is just over an hour away...not real appealing for afterwork rides during the week....

I figure a new NXT-SS loaded up with trailer and taxes. $70 ish??

2013 X30 6.2L with GEN 2 is gonna be $75-82k ish??

Don't really want to send any MORE more $$

throw some thoughts out there given that I can't move, and won't break any Waterway rules..

Spork
06-01-2014, 07:15 PM
If dropping down to a 20fter will net you more boating time with the family, I say do it.

TN Barefooter
06-01-2014, 07:19 PM
I know we have a lot of members that are indifferent about the NXT but I went to the factory and saw them being built. They are top notch, top to bottom. No it won't come anywhere close to your X-30 but in my opinion it's a solid boat. When I get back from Florida I'll be ordering one from my dealer. Too bad you live so far from TN which won't allow you to visit he factory but I believe it's going to be a very good boat. The 91" beam width had me concerned but after seeing it in person it's laid out really well, they took advantage of every available inch. I was not a big fan of the tower either but after being outfitted with speakers and bimini top I believe it will look good. Good luck. I'm sure others will chime in soon.

mzimme
06-01-2014, 07:20 PM
I'd buy an X2 before I jumped into an NXT if the money isn't a problem. The 91" beam just does nothing for me.

jdhart73
06-01-2014, 07:26 PM
Any clue how the NXT surfs? You are big on surfing and I don't think anyone knows how those things are going to really surf in the hands of the consumer. Not to mention I have no clue what the storage will look so you can upgrade the ballast. Just a thought.

Are you saying you would sell your X30 for 75-82K?? Lost ya there so wasn't sure what you meant.

Jeff d
06-01-2014, 07:27 PM
I'm a huge fan of the after work outing so I know the feeling. Fortunately I have a spot where I can take my boat that's 6 mins from work and 6 mins from home. I can either take the boat to work in the AM or I can run home, grab it and be back at the launch in less than 30 mins. Better than 90% of my outings are the 4:45ish to dark type (Prime gator feedin' time in Louisiana of course).

Option 2: rework the front end of your X30 into a forked bow and cut off ~1.5 ft off the front. Might have an impact on resale. J/k please don't actually do this to that boat!

If you could find a dealer that would do the trade with favorable terms you should only have minimal to no taxes on the purchase in most/all states. Assuming a future new boat purchase a used sale to a private party may end up costing you more since you'd pay an extra $6k+ in taxes on the new boat. Depends on how bad the dealer wants to bend you over on the trade.

You could also wait a few months and hope somebody gets in over their heads on an NXT SS and needs to get out quick. I can't remember the limit from your other thread. Was it 20' or 21'? If it's 21 then your options in the used market are obviously far greater than the NXT. If it's 20' then the NXT may be your roomiest option.

lashburn1
06-01-2014, 11:32 PM
Any clue how the NXT surfs? You are big on surfing and I don't think anyone knows how those things are going to really surf in the hands of the consumer. Not to mention I have no clue what the storage will look so you can upgrade the ballast. Just a thought.

Are you saying you would sell your X30 for 75-82K?? Lost ya there so wasn't sure what you meant.

^^^ I figured $75-82k was a reasonable range for a fully loaded X-30 with a 6.2L and GEN2 installed. No?

jdhart73
06-02-2014, 12:01 AM
With your hours I suppose thats a good price point. With low hours you could get the low to mid 80's I think.

lashburn1
06-03-2014, 11:19 AM
With your hours I suppose thats a good price point. With low hours you could get the low to mid 80's I think.

Yup I have a lot of hours for a 1 year old Boat....350+
But, it is always maintained by MC Dealer, never sits endlessly, and Gets washed EVERYTIME.

Hopefully since it has Most 2014 features inc GEN2 and 2014 Trailer...it will appeal to a few prospects looking for a good deal.

My mind is not made up yet...

VP46
06-03-2014, 12:09 PM
...I kinda brought this up before but.....
We are really liking our Boat and want to use it MORE...

We mostly Surf and Cruise/Tube.

Our boat is Killer, in fact...really one of a kind, even on here where everyone has awesome rides...

BUT...I can't use it in the nearest body of Water, a SALT Water Lagoon with 21' limit...

I would Want/Need an SS to use and boat in Salt on a regular basis, i have a Flush Kit and a Galv MC Trailer now....and I still am afraid to drop it in the bay for a day...

20-21 feet is perfect for our family as it turns out, the X30 is just even more room....

Going to River requires a vacation, and the Lake is just over an hour away...not real appealing for afterwork rides during the week....

I figure a new NXT-SS loaded up with trailer and taxes. $70 ish??

2013 X30 6.2L with GEN 2 is gonna be $75-82k ish??

Don't really want to send any MORE more $$

throw some thoughts out there given that I can't move, and won't break any Waterway rules..

Are those pictures of the River? Where is that?? Looks like a nice well run place!

B

(I grew up on Powell and Havasu and specifically my first venture out on my own was Buckskin Camp ground in Highschool - originally from Arcadia)

aquaman
06-03-2014, 12:23 PM
IMO more time on the water trumps what your ride is ?

A great boat sitting in the garage is no fun. :rolleyes:

I would look at the situation as an UPgrade to more time on the water, and less drive time on the road.

lashburn1
06-03-2014, 12:23 PM
Yes, those pictures are of the Colorado River.
The campground is "Pirates Cove resort"
Near Needles California.
Have a cove and Marina just off of the river.
There are campsites with full hookups on and off the river.

JohnE
06-03-2014, 12:52 PM
If it means getting out more often I'd do something.....look for a new or used SS X2, go SS NXT..I'd do something.

Sodar
06-03-2014, 12:57 PM
Keep the X-30 at the river. Buy a budget boat for home. It will save you dragging a boat across the desert and it will save you from worrying about trashing a new boat in the Lagoon.

Jeff d
06-03-2014, 01:03 PM
Keep the X-30 at the river. Buy a budget boat for home. It will save you dragging a boat across the desert and it will save you from worrying about trashing a new boat in the Lagoon.

That's not a bad idea. You could probably get a circa 2000 205V/1st gen X-Star, Maristar 210/X-10, etc for less than you're going to have to eat in depreciation and taxes on the trade for the NXT. Get one nice enough that you don't feel like you're slumming but rough enough that it doesn't hurt every time you put it in the salt, preferably someone else's salt water boat.

76S&S
06-03-2014, 01:48 PM
[QUOTE=lashburn1;1050744]Yup I have a lot of hours for a 1 year old Boat....350+...[/QUOTEk]

So, you've put 350 hours on your boat in a year and you want a smaller boat so you can get out more? Do you plan to live in the thing or what...8p8p

Jk, good luck with your decision, I just wish I could spend that much time on my boat.:(

lashburn1
06-03-2014, 09:08 PM
[QUOTE=lashburn1;1050744]Yup I have a lot of hours for a 1 year old Boat....350+...[/QUOTEk]

So, you've put 350 hours on your boat in a year and you want a smaller boat so you can get out more? Do you plan to live in the thing or what...8p8p

Jk, good luck with your decision, I just wish I could spend that much time on my boat.:(

I bought the boat, off a country club in northern Idaho.
They used it for their wake surf school daily camps.
They had the local Mastercraft dealership run and maintain the boat for them.

It had 285 hours on it when I got it.
I put the other 65 hours on it this season

285 hours of surfing and one summer would be awesome though!!!!

76S&S
06-04-2014, 08:19 AM
^whew, that makes me feel much better about our typical 75 or so hours a year!

Jerseydave
06-05-2014, 07:05 PM
If you can get a Gen 2 SS Series X-2 I'd do that. Optioned out to the hilt of course! :D

Go with a painted aluminum trailer......best looking and long lasting.

Jerseydave
06-05-2014, 07:05 PM

Own 2 boats??? That's just crazy! :rolleyes:

Tony Webb
06-06-2014, 02:49 AM
I save for a new X2 SS with all the bells and whistles, otherwise I think you will regret buying anything else. A VLX SS with Surf Gate might also be on the cards

lashburn1
06-06-2014, 10:42 AM
My local Dealer is getting an NXT in soon.
I think I'll go down and see for myself, the comparison as it applies to my situation.
If I can go out and try the Surf Wake that would possibly seal the deal for me.

lashburn1
06-06-2014, 03:29 PM
Here's an update from my local Mastercraft dealer-
My quote for a new NXT , completely loaded up, with Surf package, low profile tandem axle trailer,
For speaker stereo, saltwater series package.

$99,500!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or, not $50,000 all day

Talk amongst yourselves

ttu
06-06-2014, 03:49 PM
My quote for a new NXT , completely loaded up, with Surf package, low profile tandem axle trailer,

$99,500!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or, not $50,000 all day

Talk amongst yourselves

^^^ that sounds like a budget boat^^^:rolleyes::rolleyes:

MC25
06-06-2014, 03:54 PM
I can see that. 99k msrp? Not what you pay right?

Minaquabat
06-06-2014, 04:10 PM
So a 99K MSRP
Figure 15-20% off MSRP for real world pricing.
79,200-84,150

Still way too much.

Sodar
06-06-2014, 04:18 PM
I can see that. 99k msrp? Not what you pay right?

You pay MSRP at this dealer, or they don't sell. :o

DemolitionMan
06-06-2014, 04:25 PM

$99,500!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or, not $50,000 all day

Talk amongst yourselves

That must be for two NXT's. :D

MC25
06-06-2014, 04:43 PM
You pay MSRP at this dealer, or they don't sell. :o

Haha gosh that is insane..... I could think of about 20 other boats id rather have for 100k.

KnoxX2
06-06-2014, 04:43 PM
I could see maybe low 70s for that boat. The options listed are not cheep ones! But 99k I think he is shooting for the moon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lashburn1
06-06-2014, 06:09 PM
I was thinking mid 70s out the door with taxes.

And yes, this dealer does not move many boats.

TN Barefooter
06-09-2014, 12:48 PM
What is the difference is price for the saltwater package?

02ProstarSammyD
06-09-2014, 01:08 PM
lol @ 100k for a nxt with any list of options unless the option checked was a new truck to tow it. I really thought MC was going to hit a homerun with this but in the end I think they may lose a lot of respect.

MarkS
06-09-2014, 01:24 PM
I use my Xstar in salt water. I installed an anode kit, from MC (took less than an hour) and a flush pro kit. I flush after every use and leave the boat in the water for up to three weeks. I use "salt away" when flushing and spray a 50/50 mix of salt away and water on all above water metal. (takes less than five minutes). Actually my two boys do all of this work, but no corrosion to date. Thus no need for salt water series.

TN Barefooter
06-09-2014, 02:34 PM
The dealer is making a killing on that sale.

FoggyNogginz
06-09-2014, 02:39 PM
$50K all day...on a 48 hour day. :shocked: :huh: :eek3: