PDA

View Full Version : Zero-Off Display - buying just head unit/display

Nightmare14
05-28-2014, 09:03 AM
I have a 2009 PS190 with Zero-Off, 3-event and it looks like the display went bad. I have talked with Zero-Off a few times to troubleshoot it but yesterday was told to replace the head unit (display module). I did not have an issue with that but was told by Zero-Off that I can't just buy the display module and would have to buy a complete package - gps antennas, cable etc. which seems crazy. I contacted Mastercraft and did not have any luck just buying just the display module and also reached out to my local dealer.

Has anyone had a similar experience and been fortunate enough to just buy the head unit (display module) or found a place that will repair the display.

JMLVMI
05-29-2014, 02:07 AM
Check ski-it-again.com to see if anyone may have a display. Best of luck, and sorry to hear Zero-Off isn't being helpful.

Nightmare14
05-29-2014, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the reply. No luck finding just the display. Unfortunately, I had too buy the entire unit but Zero-off did give me a discount. Bought the unit yesterday, May 28th and just go an email from Zero-off saying the unit will ship late next week. I am waiting to hear if I will have it by next weekend. Very frustrating! Tech support was great but customer service could use some improvement.

JMLVMI
05-30-2014, 10:25 AM
That's what happens when you are the only player in the market (I understand they sued PerfectPass for patent infringement so they got out of the game and Zero Off is the only game in town for new boats).

1993bluestarsnstripes
06-02-2014, 04:56 PM
Please check your private messages. Thank you, Joe

lcflaherty
06-04-2014, 02:10 PM
This happened to me last year. Same experience. Exchange of emails and the brush off. Mine was less than a year old and the display screen shows about half the info. Seems like it was susceptible to water damage.

Anyway, I 'm not replacing it with a whole new unit. You think they would sell parts.

With this experience, if it had not come with the boat I would not buy it.