PDA

View Full Version : '08 X2 bow filler cushion question

sseager
05-28-2014, 07:54 AM
Ordered a bow filler cushion which just came in last night. It took almost 5 weeks. The dealer stated that Mastercraft didn't have any and had to make from scratch. I was quite impressed that they would make one off cushions and the price wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Anyways, I made the hour drive one way to pick it up before the dealer closed and hurried home to see how it fit. The good news is that the cushion looks great and looks like it will fit perfectly....the bad news is that the hard plastic support board doesn't seem to be the correct size. The opening on the boat is about 16" at its widest and has some curves to it. The board that I received is a perfect rectangle a little less than 18" by a little less than 24". Is it supposed to fit down on the lip that runs around the bow? I don't see how/why it wouldn't.

Thrall
05-28-2014, 11:21 AM
Yes the support board is supposed to sit on that lip.
Good news is it will take you about 5 min to cut down that starboard with a skil saw to the right dimensions.

davidstan
05-28-2014, 12:47 PM
Thats weird that it doesnt fit coming from MC. How much did they charge? I used 3m marine adhesive to secure it to the cushion FYI but the board was a perfect fit from Vonore.

SJ.
05-28-2014, 01:27 PM
Mine is certainly not a perfect rectangle. That stinks that they didn't send it ready to go. I would think a call to them might facilitate the right one being shipped.

sseager
05-28-2014, 06:28 PM
Contacted the dealer and waiting for a response.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Footin
05-28-2014, 06:33 PM
I wish they were still available, I would like to buy one.

sseager
05-28-2014, 06:36 PM
Footing have you contacted your dealer. Mastercraft had the skin and had to put mine together.

Footin
05-28-2014, 06:53 PM
Footing have you contacted your dealer. Mastercraft had the skin and had to put mine together.

Ill wait to see how your comes out.