PDA

View Full Version : 2006 X2 Prop Wash

jgoldsmith
05-27-2014, 02:55 PM
Not sure if to post this here or under ballast. We have been adding more ballast to our X2 to achieve a more desirable surf wake. Currently we use a piggy back 450 lbs bag filled over the hard tank in the port corner. We also fill the KGB, and if there are not enough riders a 250 lbs bag is placed as far forward in the center walk way as possible. The wake is large and very surfable for me at 210 lbs, riding a 50 inch Phase 5 board. The problem we are having is there is so much wash coming out of the center of the teak deck onto the wave. I first thought is was the swim platform. I did some modification and trimmed it down, and it is no longer a problem at all. I believe all the wash is prop wash. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to how to eliminate this and clean up the wave. I called my dealer and there is no retrofit kits for plates or tabs from Mastercraft for my boat year. Any ideas?

bcd
05-27-2014, 11:07 PM
Is it the factory prop?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Dubbs2525
05-27-2014, 11:21 PM
You can still add an aftermarket center trim tab and it will take the prop wash away.

jgoldsmith
05-28-2014, 09:55 AM
No...the prop is a 14.5 x 14 I believe. We had to switch it with the added weight for the PP to maintain the speed. What aftermarket tab would you recommend?