PDA

View Full Version : Urgent help pls...

DHPRO
05-26-2014, 11:59 AM
First ride of the yr...ally gauges have died - analog and digital - audible alarm very 30-60 secs... ***? Can anyone help?

501s
05-26-2014, 12:11 PM
Does the boat run or even start?

DHPRO
05-26-2014, 12:17 PM
Everything works except guages! Stereo, blower, heaters...etc

501s
05-26-2014, 01:04 PM
That is weird. Touchscreen works too? Did you try turning the perko switch to off and cutting all the power and basically "rebooting" the boat?

Jerseydave
05-26-2014, 02:28 PM
Were the batteries re-installed after winter layup? Check to make sure all your ground cables are on and tight. If they missed a ground cable some electronics may not work.
Or could be weak batteries? I've heard some alarms will sound if battery power is low.

^All just guesses but always good to check the basics

501s
05-26-2014, 02:42 PM
I recently had a similar issue and one of my two batteries were dead (from leaving the interior lights on for a day). Changing the perko switch to the other battery fixed it.

DHPRO
05-26-2014, 06:11 PM
So...tried changing the switch, and no diff. The whole thing started when I put the GPS stick into the USB plug. The GPS came up and didn't seem to be tracking right, then after I switched to the gauges and noticed they were down, I unplugged the stick. When I put the stick back in, it wouldint read.
Both the analog and Murphy digital guages ae down, none of the surf tabs or center tab worked, but all other systems worked...and I had an alarm that pinged every 60 secs which I assumed was an battery warning - think the manual woulda offered some help! When I checked PCM diganostics, it showed red across all the lower left operations indicating short or overload. No breakers were tripped that I could find, either at battery or under the dash. Of coubb rse the manual was absolutely USELESS!
Drove around for cpl hours anyway. Motor was running fine, didn't feel hot, just stayed close to home.

MattsCraft
05-26-2014, 07:00 PM
Based on your last info, I would say the software is hosed. Good/bad news, good, dealer can easily re-load, bad, trip back to the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DHPRO
05-26-2014, 07:24 PM
Dealer and I already spoke. He's gonna speak to MC tomorrow and then come to me and have a look. If it needs to go back he's gonna take it with. Fact is, I really love this friggin boat and both MC and especially dealer have been awesome.
I still haven't surfed it! Dislocated elbow long boarding in MIA so on DL another few weeks at least!!!!!

DHPRO
05-26-2014, 07:26 PM
Were the batteries re-installed after winter layup? Check to make sure all your ground cables are on and tight. If they missed a ground cable some electronics may not work.
Or could be weak batteries? I've heard some alarms will sound if battery power is low.

^All just guesses but always good to check the basics

Boat is brand spankin..<8hrs

DHPRO
05-26-2014, 07:29 PM
That is weird. Touchscreen works too? Did you try turning the perko switch to off and cutting all the power and basically "rebooting" the boat?

Yep...tried this more than once! After cpl hours I just drove it like u stole it and did the old fashioned - checked oil, listened to motor, and used SOTP

Jonb1822
05-26-2014, 07:36 PM
I had the exact issue happen to me last year. It took the dealer and Mastercraft over a month to fix it. They ended up giving me a loaner. It was 1 wiring harness....that was it.

DHPRO
05-29-2014, 08:55 AM
They're convinced simple reboot and reset with dealer code will cure this. Im skeptical...especially since I wont get a chance to try it until weekend when Im getting set to head out for the day!

DHPRO
05-30-2014, 10:31 AM
Dealer came down and reset the system back to factory...all rebooted and working fine! It seems it might have been related to the GPS stick, so I'll wait for my first service before trying that again and let them fight with it...

DHPRO
06-02-2014, 07:49 AM
Guages still f'ed up! Theres obviously a short somewhere in the system...