PDA

View Full Version : Port side ballast switch is backwards - help?

x10vancouver2003
05-25-2014, 12:21 AM
Hey TT,

One more question that I couldn't find an exact answer to in earlier threads:

On the port side in my '03 X10, the ballast pump is mounted upside down (impeller at the bottom). For awhile now, the pump has operated backwards --> when the switch in the driver's seat is flipped to "fill," the pump actually empties the ballast bag.

And when it's flipped to "empty," the pump fills the ballast bag. Weird...

I need to replace the impeller in this specific pump in the next few days anyways, so I figured it would be a perfect time to solve this problem and get it operating correctly.

How much I get this issue fixed? Again, thanks so much! :)

Skyskiguy
05-25-2014, 01:17 AM
Impeller at the bottom is the correct way to mount a pump - prevents leaks from burning up the motor. To correct the fill/empty, assuming it is a Jabsco, simply remove the hoses and the two screws holding the impeller housing in place, spin the housing 180 degrees and reinstall screws and hoses.

x10vancouver2003
06-01-2014, 08:40 PM
After spinning the housing 180 degrees, the pump no longer even works (nothing happens when the fill/empty switches are hit). I'm not sure if I did something wrong, or broke the pump. Any thoughts :-(

AlbertaSurfer
06-01-2014, 08:48 PM
Pull the switch block from behind the rocker switch and flip it. If it doesn't have a switch block, just flip the whole switch then flip the cover back upright.

bturner2
06-02-2014, 07:31 AM
Can you hear the pump run when you hit the switch? Flipping the housing should have fixed your problem. Based on your results something was not put back correctly. If you don't hear anything start at the power connector. Make sure you're getting power to the pump and haven't tripped a breaker or not completely plugged in the pump.