PDA

View Full Version : Audio question: everything but subwoofer is working fine...?

x10vancouver2003
05-25-2014, 12:15 AM
Hey TT,

Audio question for you: I was working on our '03 X10 this afternoon, and noticed that the stereo system isn't 100% functioning properly. Here is what we have installed in the boat —> 5-channel amp, subwoofer, and two tower speakers.

This is a shot in the dark, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to post a new thread and see if anyone can help. More info:

-Amplifier turns on as soon as deck is inserted (lights up)
-6.5” in-boat speakers all work
-Two tower speakers also work
-The only thing not working is the subwoofer – I checked a few connections, and that didn’t do the trick. Checked the fuse, RCA connections, and no dice there
-The last time the boat was in the water, the subwoofer worked fine...so I'd highly doubt it's blown

Any thoughts or suggestions on what might be going wrong? Thanks so much for your time! :)

skitilldark
05-25-2014, 12:39 AM
Could be voltage. In my system, the sub was the first thing to cut out when battery power got low.

Cain0725
05-25-2014, 12:04 PM
change rca inputs or spekaer outputs at amp to confirm its a amp issue or speaker problem. Most likely its a setting on the amp or radio.