PDA

View Full Version : Cruise (Zero Off) and Stereo gone whack

EA2010
05-19-2014, 07:08 PM
273 hours on our 2012 X-25 and I've run into something I've never seen before ...

When I started the boat today (after a nice 5 hours on the lake this weekend), I noticed that my ballast pumps were turning on/off very rapidly. I was still in our dock so I set all three manual switches to drain and the issue stopped.

When I got out to the lake, I turned the manual ballast switches off and then selected a rider profile and activated cruise ... and the pumps started filling the ballast per normal.

We were all set to surf (port side, regular) and when I launched the radio cut out (but only on the tower speakers, the boat speakers were fine) and the stbd stock ballast tank started to fill (it is usually set to 0% for a regular side rider). The "Service Required" alarm sounded and stayed on display on the VDIG. On the BIG, there were two Engine Fault Codes:

SPN:715 FMI:4 Voltage below normal or shorted low
SPN: 168 FMI:15 ElecPotential

The boat was still working, but the Fault Codes alternated between "active" and "inactive" on the BIG.

I decide to switch everything over to the goofy side wake - and this is where things got really weird. I selected the rider profile and activated and turn on the cruise, by when I launched the port side stock ballast tank started to fill (it's set to 0%) and the surf tabs reversed (read: the port tab went to 0% from 100% and the stbd tab went from 100% to 0%). Needless to say, the wake sucked. (The tower speakers also cut out as soon as I launched.) Our goofy side sesh was over before it began.

I drained all the tanks and turned off cruise to head back home. When I launched, the tower speakers again cut out and the stbd surf tabs kept fluctuating between 35% and 50%. Up and down, up and down the whole way home (regardless of speed).

So, before I ramble on here ... has anyone seen this issue before? Like I said, we are 273+ hours into this boat and everything has been fine so far.

This seems like a voltage issue, but the batteries are both testing at 100%.

Help!

mseller
05-20-2014, 04:09 AM
Ya seems to me like the battery but since you said they tested out fine not sure what's going on

CantRepeat
05-20-2014, 06:44 AM
What is 100% on a battery? Some where near 13+ volts I believe. I would check all your grounds on both the battery, the engine block and the buss bar up front.

EA2010
06-13-2014, 02:43 PM
Just closing this off. It was a blown regulator (alternator) and was covered 100% on warrranty.

#whew

CBRENT
06-13-2014, 03:44 PM
I had a similar issue (2012 X2 with BIG) like this and there was a loose wire behind the dash. Do not remember what the wire was but that was it and I was experiencing similar but not exact issues.

Simple fix, take you a couple minutes to check and make sure all the wires are seated properly.

CBRENT
06-13-2014, 03:46 PM
Oops just realized you fixed this, haha.