PDA

View Full Version : On the water pics of my LED lights..

weist1013
05-19-2014, 05:20 PM
I got out last night with my lights, 7500 lumens.

drschemel
05-19-2014, 05:41 PM
Nice!! What lights do you have under the water?

Double D
05-19-2014, 07:10 PM
Wholly crap, that's bright. Nice!!

f925
05-19-2014, 07:18 PM
Nice! That is a lot of light!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weist1013
05-19-2014, 08:56 PM
This project is just now coming out of development and Will hit the market soon. This Will be the best wake illumination system on the market.

D3skier
05-19-2014, 09:26 PM
those look bright enough that you could surf behind at night...

TOO-TALL
05-19-2014, 09:45 PM
intrested

CantRepeat
05-19-2014, 10:48 PM
So you have 5 lights running, 3 white and 2 green?

weist1013
05-20-2014, 06:43 AM
These pictures are of 1 single 6" fixture with 5 LED Pods and only one 8mm hole in my boat. To produce this much light with the other under water LED lights you will need purchase 5-6 $200-350 abyss,lumnitec, ocean led or whatever else then drill 20+ holes in your boat. These lights will be released to the public in 2 weeks,

lashburn1
05-20-2014, 06:54 AM
These pictures are of 1 single 6" fixture with 5 LED Pods and only one 8mm hole in my boat. To produce this much light with the other under water LED lights you will need purchase 5-6 $200-350 abyss,lumnitec, ocean led or whatever else then drill 20+ holes in your boat. These lights will be released to the public in 2 weeks,

Nice!
They look like 3in1 or 4in1 , RGB-RGBW 5W LEDs
That would definitely put out some light.
We use those to light Concerts at work.

Should be at Hit, or at the very least draw bugs to the Boat at rest. Lol.

CantRepeat
05-20-2014, 06:56 AM
I guess I'm not understanding the difference in lights. 5 lights in a pod is still 5 lights. What is the cost?

I do see where using white lights for brightness and colored lights to change the color can give you more light but it's still 5 lights. 5 lights of any of those brands would be very bright.

lashburn1
05-20-2014, 07:04 AM
I guess I'm not understanding the difference in lights. 5 lights in a pod is still 5 lights. What is the cost?

I do see where using white lights for brightness and colored lights to change the color can give you more light but it's still 5 lights. 5 lights of any of those brands would be very bright.

I can't speak for the Maker, but, I can see these are not the
Old 10mm LEDs u see on Boats currently. These appear to be the newer 3 in 1 RGB 5watt

Basically one of the 5 pods has the intensity of 4 or 5 of the old style...
At work we stopped using 10mm 5-6 years ago and 3w RGB 2-3 years ago.

3in1 5 and 10watt lights are pretty bright.

CantRepeat
05-20-2014, 07:07 AM
I can't speak for the Maker, but, I can see these are not the
Old 10mm LEDs u see on Boats currently. These appear to be the newer 3 in 1 RGB 5watt

Basically one of the 5 pods has the intensity of 4 or 5 of the old style...
At work we stopped using 10mm 5-6 years ago and 3w RGB 2-3 years ago.

3in1 5 and 10watt lights are pretty bright.

That's very interesting. New lighting tech would be a boon for the underwater LED boating.

weist1013
05-20-2014, 07:10 AM
These LED lights are industrial LED lights and specifically designed for wake illumination there not regular out of the box boat lights.

lashburn1
05-20-2014, 07:26 AM
.....side note, but kind of related.... Can u Surf at Night behind a boat ? Legally I mean?

If I was 16-22 years old I would try it. ....
My guess is you would need waterproof light source on the Rider and Board?
Sounds fun .... But at 47..... I just think about all the bad $h!T that could happen...lol

CantRepeat
05-20-2014, 07:44 AM
.....side note, but kind of related.... Can u Surf at Night behind a boat ? Legally I mean?

If I was 16-22 years old I would try it. ....
My guess is you would need waterproof light source on the Rider and Board?
Sounds fun .... But at 47..... I just think about all the bad $h!T that could happen...lol

I know the law in Calif and most states is sun up to sun down for towed sports and I'd bet the same applies to wake surfing.

lashburn1
05-20-2014, 07:47 AM
I know the law in Calif and most states is sun up to sun down for towed sports and I'd bet the same applies to wake surfing.

We are usually exhausted by the time the Sun Goes down....from Boating that is.....

weist1013
05-20-2014, 07:48 AM
Some of the other LED lights are using 3 year old lighting technology using bigger lights that pull more power. Wake illumination is an after thought for most of these companies its our Mission/Passion.

Tim, if you buy 5-6 of the brightest LED lights on the market and cover the back of your boat you will start to get close to what we can do in a 6" fixture with only 1 hole. If you invest in LED lights and decide to upgrade your boat you can remove our system then gel coat repair a very small 8mm hole. with the other lights when you sell your boat there going with the boat unless you want to repair 20+ drill holes.. the pricing is not ready to be released just yet. but it will be the BEST VALUE IN LED WAKE ILLUMINATION (((^)))..

H2ORidr
05-20-2014, 08:22 AM

Our neighborhood puts on a water ski show each year and there is one boat driver that has lights. We sometimes have practice that goes a bit beyond sunset. Every evening as soon as it starts to get dim he switches on his lights. The kids quickly learned that with the lights on they cannot see the boat, thus they cannot tell if it is turning left or right. They HATE the lights. Think about it. Looking forward from a dark area into a light is like being blinded by a flashlight or headlights.

willyt
05-20-2014, 08:44 AM
hmmm... hopefully this is as good as the last product that debuted on teamtalk, the ramp n clamp...

suggestion, you seem to have a pretty good system but are short on details (like pricing, schematics, etc). I suggest you wait to post further details until you have all those worked out. Take a page from ramp n clamps book, they had testing videos, were already approved by MC when they posted here. You want your product to be thought of as professional, and give people as much information as possible on debut.

weist1013
05-20-2014, 08:45 AM
correct if your trying to ski or wake board at night 80' back (not recomended or endorsed) you will be a deer in the head lights!

willyt
05-20-2014, 08:45 AM
also, i'm 99% sure green underwaters are illegal because thats one of the nav light colors.

Oh, riding at night? actually legal on the ohio river, you can tow someone an hour before sunset and an hour after sunset.

X1inOHIO
05-20-2014, 08:49 AM
Looks awesome!!! Can't believe how bright they are.

weist1013
05-20-2014, 08:56 AM
thanks willit, were pumped about this product and the TT community has provided feed back and helped with the development.. i do appreciate your suggestions..

TN_Rider
05-20-2014, 10:41 AM
Come on give us a ballpark price. Will it be competitive with abyss pricing? Or shadow caster?

weist1013
05-20-2014, 11:03 AM
starts at $180 for 1500 lumens and goes up to $3,500 to break the world record of worlds brightest wake..

TN_Rider
05-20-2014, 11:24 AM
I'm guessing the $3500 is what's pictured?

weist1013
05-20-2014, 11:29 AM
nope, the pics are the 7500 lumen series, the complete kit sales for $900. thats alot of light for $900..

MattsCraft
05-20-2014, 01:02 PM
also, i'm 99% sure green underwaters are illegal because thats one of the nav light colors.

Oh, riding at night? actually legal on the ohio river, you can tow someone an hour before sunset and an hour after sunset.

Will where did you read this?

Straight form the ODNR

Water-Skiing After Dark Prohibited

ORC 1547.16
No person shall water-ski or be towed on any device, or operate a vessel towing a person between sunset and sunrise except upon special permit. Consult an official sunrise-sunset table of the local area for exact times.

cbryan70
05-20-2014, 01:12 PM
so are you using lights similar to these http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-LED-HighOutput-Underwater-Light/product/13080906163615/

Mastercraft13
05-20-2014, 01:14 PM
Actually, wouldn't the Ohio river fall out of ODNR rules? Ohio river would be considered an international waterway.

I wouldn't attempt night skiing on the Ohio river.

willyt
05-20-2014, 01:30 PM
Will where did you read this?

Straight form the ODNR

Water-Skiing After Dark Prohibited

ORC 1547.16
No person shall water-ski or be towed on any device, or operate a vessel towing a person between sunset and sunrise except upon special permit. Consult an official sunrise-sunset table of the local area for exact times.

james has the info.

btw what are you up to this weekend?

thatsmrmastercraft
05-20-2014, 01:43 PM
You can legally ski for an hour after sunset in Minnesota. took this right from the MN DNR Boating Guide:

Water skiing, tubing and similar acts are prohibited between one hour after sunset to sunrise of the following day.

3event
05-20-2014, 02:00 PM
In Wisconsin, you can't be moving with non-standard nav light colors (r/g in front, white in back/overhead):

"No other lights (including docking lights) may be used which could be mistaken for or interfere with those required above"

Which technically means you cannot even use the docking lights on the front of a pontoon for "docking". All depends on how aggressive the local enforcement is.

JamesL
05-20-2014, 03:22 PM
Water Skiing / Tubing on the Ohio River:
Several laws for water skiing and tubing on the Ohio River differ from that of other
Indiana waterways. The operator of the towing vessel may have either an observer
onboard or use a rear view mirror.
If an observer is used, he or she must be at least 12 years of age.
If a rear view mirror is used, the mirror must have at least a 160-degree wideangle
field of vision and be mounted so that the operator can see the person being
towed.
A mirror is not allowed if towing a kite. There must be an observer at least 12
years old onboard.
Permissible hours of operation are extended to one (1) hour before sunrise and one (1)
hour after sunset. Anyone towed on water skis, a surfboard, a kite or similar device must
wear a Type I, II, or III PFD (Type V PFDs are not approved).

JamesL
05-20-2014, 03:45 PM
So I just called ohio DNR and he said typically since kentucky ohio and indiana DNR can pull you over they will enforce the least strict rule. He looked up indiana rules where I found that info and as long as you are bordering indiana land its an hour before and an hour after but if you are between kentucky and ohio its sunrise to sunset. Long story short where we mostly ride its sunrise to sunset

MattsCraft
05-20-2014, 03:55 PM
Actually, wouldn't the Ohio river fall out of ODNR rules? Ohio river would be considered an international waterway.

I wouldn't attempt night skiing on the Ohio river.

You are correct - It is considered an International Water Way. In our area, it is patrolled mostly by KY, actually, KY owns the river.:rolleyes:

MattsCraft
05-20-2014, 04:02 PM
james has the info.

btw what are you up to this weekend?

Susan is going south, so I am open. Prob do some things around the house, for sure going to dunk the boat somewhere, hopefully the river calms down by then, secret spot does not look to bad from afar, it's level is not that high.

H2ORidr
05-20-2014, 04:02 PM
You can legally ski for an hour after sunset in Minnesota. took this right from the MN DNR Boating Guide:

Water skiing, tubing and similar acts are prohibited between one hour after sunset to sunrise of the following day.

Local laws have precedence. In my town it has to stop at sunset.

http://www.twincities.com/ci_23117620/lake-elmo-water-skiing-council-having-second-thoughts

thatsmrmastercraft
05-20-2014, 05:13 PM

Oh, that's right........no observer necessary with big mirror. Perfect:rolleyes:

atihanyi
05-20-2014, 09:52 PM
very interested

lashburn1
05-20-2014, 11:25 PM
So, in conclusion.....
.... These lights are pretty cool, but you may or may not be able to use them at night while underway., Per navigation hazard rules of nautical lighting.

You may also not wake surf at night.

So if you want these lights, it's most likely to look cool around the doc.

Brichter14
05-22-2014, 10:40 AM
The rules say "being towed". You could argue that while surfing you are not being towed because there is no rope!

weist1013
05-31-2014, 10:30 AM
these are the reactor 7500 series, there are the brightest most efficient lights on the market, and the best part is it only requires 1 8mm hole in your boat. the other systems that produce this much light would cause you to drill 20+ holes in your boat (NOT COOL). the reactor led lights can be removed and installed on your next boat without leaving all the holes!!

CantRepeat
05-31-2014, 10:42 AM
Oh, that's right........no observer necessary with big mirror. Perfect:rolleyes:

Its kind of funny when you talk observer and mirrors. In Alabama you must have a mirror regardless if you have an observer or not. Its the observer that is optional, not the mirror. :confused: In other states, CA for one, it's the mirror that is an option but the observer is mandatory.

Then there's the orange flag that changes from state to state.