PDA

View Full Version : Leaky Boat

excetara2
05-19-2014, 11:09 AM
There is a water leak that comes out around the drivers feet. I had it to a fiberglass guy and the hull has no leaks. He said it was probably a hose leak in the boat. I was wondering where the front pump that fills the passenger side ballast tank on the boat was? Is it up under the drivers side dash and also how do I remove the panels and floor to look for it.

jafo9
05-19-2014, 11:12 AM
do you have a heater? sounds like a leak in a heater core.

soacj
05-19-2014, 11:27 AM
Possible leak from the hull/deck junction?

JohnE
05-19-2014, 11:36 AM
do you have a heater? sounds like a leak in a heater core.

That would be my guess as well.

brighac
05-29-2014, 06:26 PM
Do your speedos work? You could have a disconnected line that is bringing water in behind the dash....

mikeg205
05-29-2014, 06:55 PM
There is a water leak that comes out around the drivers feet. I had it to a fiberglass guy and the hull has no leaks. He said it was probably a hose leak in the boat. I was wondering where the front pump that fills the passenger side ballast tank on the boat was? Is it up under the drivers side dash and also how do I remove the panels and floor to look for it.

that's a good question. remove the panel at your feet - should be 2 screws holding in.

ok a couple of questions

#1 - does it only get wet when you fill/empty ballast bags?
#2 - if #1 is no - is the side bulkhead wet when water comes on. I had a leak at hull deck junction and water leaked from union.

#3 - how much water we talking?
#4 - do you have a heater?

mike

skitilldark
05-29-2014, 07:12 PM
Most likely it is a speedometer hose partially dislodged.

MC205
05-29-2014, 07:21 PM
Is your bilge pump running? My bilge line runs in the area you describe on my 96.

kyfooter
05-29-2014, 07:49 PM
Try the heater first. If not that, check to make sure the rub rail has no gaps that need to be caulked. I had the same boat, and the bow sits low. At slower speeds, the water can run right up the hull to the rub rail, which if not sealed will allow the water in...from there, it's path of least resistance.

Speedos were all digital so I am not optimistic that is the problem. Also, MTS ballast fills from the rear under the seat just in front of the rudder, and empties from the right rear. I doubt that is it. The bilge does empty in the front driver side near the horn. That hose perhaps has a leak, but I would go with heater issue...11 years old and likely not blown out when winterizing.

waterlogged882
05-29-2014, 08:30 PM