PDA

View Full Version : labeling sizes on wetsuits for easier recognition

kgrove
04-06-2014, 03:46 PM
I've keep a number of wetsuits and heater tops of varying sizes on the boat for my family and guests to use, but its always a pain in the neck to figure out which is which. Normal permanent markers don't show up on neoprene. Has anyone figured out a good marking system for black neoprene? Can you safely use iron on laundry labels? Do white or silver sharpies work on neoprene or does the marker come off as soon as the neoprene stretches?

AlbertaSurfer
04-06-2014, 03:58 PM
In my experience of renting wetsuits, usually the size or rental number etc is put on with those kids shirt paints. You know the little squeeze bottles Walmart sells in the craft stuff? It's like a plasticky/rubberized ink when it cures.

Retoxtony
04-06-2014, 05:45 PM
You could try this stuff. Its made for marking ear tags on cattle but i've used it for writing on all kinds of stuff and it never comes off. Better than any permanent marker i've used.

http://www.markal.com/ink-markers/all-weather-plastic-tag-marker/

BrianM
04-07-2014, 08:27 AM
I use a paint pen on my neoprene dive gear. Works good and holds up.

lashburn1
04-07-2014, 12:08 PM
We use SILVER Sharpies to Tag our equipment at Work... Ill try on my Wet Suits now that you mentioned...

onewheat
04-07-2014, 11:05 PM
We use silver Sharpies on the inside of all of our neoprene vests - it lasts for a pretty long time before fading.