PDA

View Full Version : New Prostar ancor backseat and gel coat

Timber
04-04-2014, 12:11 AM
Hi,

For the current '14 Prostar owners: I have a question about the ancor back seats system. Does the hooks rub against the fiberglass and damage it? The demo at my local dealer already shows signs of wear! The ancor system seem "low budget design" with this two U bracket "Home Depot" style!!

Does MC will correct the situation? I'm ready to sign to order my new boat but I'm already disappointed about some details!

Same thing about the white plastic caps for wire of the (black!!) ZeroOff antenna...... It does not look good on dark color closed bow. I'm alone wit this opinion?

Yves

JMLVMI
04-04-2014, 11:50 AM
First model year problems...hopefully MC listens to guys like you willing to buy the first year boat and makes changes. Good luck!

Hammer
04-04-2014, 12:17 PM
Maybe you could add some protective padding where they touch to protect it. Just a thought.

04-04-2014, 10:49 PM
Could try putting some Vantage protective film or 3M clear bra material on the gel where the hooks rub the fiberglass.....

Hammer
04-05-2014, 08:19 AM
Could try putting some Vantage protective film or 3M clear bra material on the gel where the hooks rub the fiberglass.....

I don't see that stuff lasting very long in a friction situation.

04-05-2014, 10:01 AM
I don't see that stuff lasting very long in a friction situation.

See one of the demo videos for Vantage, this is what we install at our shop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJPOWxth5Vc

thatsmrmastercraft
04-05-2014, 10:09 AM

Looks like tough stuff Kevin.

jakethebt
04-05-2014, 10:15 AM
I guess I need to see a picture of the problem area to understand the issue.

scott023
04-05-2014, 10:17 AM

It looks to do a great job in the fender. Like Hammer said, will out adhere will in a spot where it has to endure latch like conditions?

04-05-2014, 10:21 AM
I guess I need to see a picture of the problem area to understand the issue.

See here:

mikeg205
04-05-2014, 10:22 AM
I would call MC direct and ask them about it. I also have not seen any complaints on this board...

04-05-2014, 10:27 AM
It looks to do a great job in the fender. Like Hammer said, will out adhere will in a spot where it has to endure latch like conditions?

Never personally tested in latch like conditions, but I figured it would be worth a try. We install these kits on boats for protection (never done a trailer fender). They come custom cut to fit the transoms, gunnels, and other areas. We install them around cleats and where people normally would step on the gunnel. Sure does one hell of a job protecting against boards/skis hitting the transom and stops any wear marks from dock ties rubbing on the gel coat.

scott023
04-05-2014, 10:45 AM
Never personally tested in latch like conditions, but I figured it would be worth a try. We install these kits on boats for protection (never done a trailer fender). They come custom cut to fit the transoms, gunnels, and other areas. We install them around cleats and where people normally would step on the gunnel. Sure does one hell of a job protecting against boards/skis hitting the transom and stops any wear marks from dock ties rubbing on the gel coat.

Looks like it would do a heck of a job of that. Might look into it myself.

Timber
04-07-2014, 04:56 PM
I am sure it would do the job but it remains a patch! It would be best to correct the design. What is disappointing is that if I confirm my order the boat will be delivered probably with the default...

Probably find a "U fasterner" with a small stainless steel backplate could correct the situation. But the Vantage protective film will be my corrective plan. Where I can order a small piece of that film