PDA

View Full Version : New Prostar stereo choice

Timber
04-03-2014, 10:58 AM
Hi,

What is the difference between the Stereo Fusion RA205 and the IP700? Any spec of description on the Mastercraft web site!

And the Fusion Bluetooth System, is it only for the phone call or it's for the cordless music transmission too? I don't know if this option is a must?

Yves

Morety
04-03-2014, 11:01 AM
The Fusion Bluetooth is for cordless music transmission. I got it on my boat and it's a nice feature, but I haven't tried to see if it works for phone calls yet.

JimN
04-03-2014, 11:15 AM
Hi,

What is the difference between the Stereo Fusion RA205 and the IP700? Any spec of description on the Mastercraft web site!

And the Fusion Bluetooth System, is it only for the phone call or it's for the cordless music transmission too? I don't know if this option is a must?

Yves

You can find all of the info you want on the Fusion Electronics site. They have a whole section for Marine, since they also make car audio and it's not really the same (multi-zone, video in/out, remote controls, etc).

rtw_travel
04-03-2014, 12:26 PM
The difference between the two mastercraft options is more than the differrence between the headunits. Here is what I found for the 2014's.
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?p=972844#post972844

MLA
04-03-2014, 12:38 PM
I see more and more people going away from a hard wired music source connection and to blue tooth. If its an option, I would consider getting. Im sure a cable connection is still an option on the 205 head-unit.

jason95gt
04-03-2014, 01:46 PM
Bluetooth is for listening to music from an Iphone or equivalent without a cable. Not sure on phone calls either. There is still a usb cable option in the boat with either head unit. The 700i is color display, more power per speaker and offers a flip down faceplate that can have an ipod placed right into it. There are several other upgrades too, but those are the main ones. The upgrade also gets you the better M series speakers and an amplifier.