PDA

View Full Version : Bimini Mount Advice

justinglow
04-01-2014, 11:08 AM
My bimini came in yesterday for my 1995 205. Need some advice on where to mount the bracket. I would like to put it in the frame towards the bottom. Anyone know how far the glass goes towards the bottom?

Attached is a pic Fottin sent me. I would love to drill mine in the same spot. Just curious if there is a chance the glass could be that low? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

ProStar Slalom
04-01-2014, 05:21 PM
That's where I drilled mine on '01 19 skier...same windshield frame design. You should be fine. Go slow just in case, and careful when you break through on the inside so you don't dig the tip into the gel coat.

east tx skier
04-01-2014, 05:31 PM
The windshield on his 95 205 is a bit different than the one on the 01 Skier. There's no concrete answer to this question. You need to pull back the frame and look to be sure. If you go through that glass, the chances of your finding a replacement piece is slim.

Here's how I mounted mine on my 93.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-VQtDG4Ncxyk/T7OonAq4FsI/AAAAAAAAFOo/zWqA2nyzh7w/w650-h488-no/2007+MC+Water+Shot.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-DZyulOTLRlE/T7OonChRFjI/AAAAAAAAFOk/N9QvvjrgJWk/w650-h487-no/Bimini+Mod+Side+View.jpg

Measurements are as follows:

The width from mount to mount is 73.75"
The height from deck to the top of the canvas is 25"
The height from mount to the top of the canvas is 17"
The distance from the mounting point on the windshield to the back edge of the windshield is 15".

The rear straps were attached to jaw slides that clamped to the grab rail to keep the straps out of the way of the ski rope. Worked well.

Slinkyredfoot
04-01-2014, 07:44 PM
Very nice, unobtrusive install. The less holes drilled and the least amount of hardware is always good.

BrianM
04-01-2014, 08:55 PM
Anything starting with the rubber and lower will not have glass. Many including myself mount the bracket against the rubber.

justinglow
04-01-2014, 09:36 PM
Anything starting with the rubber and lower will not have glass. Many including myself mount the bracket against the rubber.

Brian what's behind the rubber for the screw to catch on and hold? That's where I want to mount it.

cbryan70
04-01-2014, 10:55 PM
Take pictures Justin...still have not put mine on. Measurements would be great to. Do most mount in the frame? I was going to mount below in the fiberglass.

ProStar Slalom
04-02-2014, 07:30 AM
Brian what's behind the rubber for the screw to catch on and hold? That's where I want to mount it.

I drilled all the way through and put lock nuts on the inside. I think I copied what Brian did back in the day.

BrianM
04-02-2014, 07:59 AM
There is metal behind that rubber insert. As said above drill all the way through and put a nylock nut on the backside.

BrianM
04-02-2014, 08:02 AM
Take pictures Justin...still have not put mine on. Measurements would be great to. Do most mount in the frame? I was going to mount below in the fiberglass.
Just a much cleaner install mounting the bracket on the windshield frame