PDA

View Full Version : Pulling the trigger tomorrow on 96 sammy duval 205

bamafutbal
03-29-2014, 05:03 PM
boat runs and looks great but the engine has 10hrs as the old motor froze in north alabama. I want to get a wakeboard tower for it, and need to keep it under $1k. can anyone help with that
john
gainesville fl

mikeg205
03-29-2014, 06:52 PM
http://www.onlyinboards.com/AccessoryShop/Products/Wakeboard-Towers/Universal-Towers/Monster-MTE-Wakeboard-Tower.aspx?gclid=CJyN4bbquL0CFe5aMgodn14Adg

please don't put a tower on a sammy ;)

CantRepeat
03-29-2014, 06:57 PM
http://www.onlyinboards.com/AccessoryShop/Products/Wakeboard-Towers/Universal-Towers/Monster-MTE-Wakeboard-Tower.aspx?gclid=CJyN4bbquL0CFe5aMgodn14Adg

please don't put a tower on a sammy ;)

Agreed, don't put one on a sammy. But, if you must, do and NDT.

ricford
03-29-2014, 07:25 PM
A lot of purists will not like the fact that you want to put a tower on that boat, but it's your boat and you should do what you want with it. Just try and get something that compliments the lines of the boat. You don't want to end up in the "Ugliest tower award" thread.

Quick
03-29-2014, 08:26 PM
If you do it, get a New Dimensions Tower. Tower follows the lines of the boat and looks good. More than $1,000 but you won't be disappointed.

bamafutbal
03-29-2014, 08:44 PM
ok you talked me out of it. how about a recommendation on a ski pole and do you know of a good used one and is the size diameter uniform for all models

Retoxtony
03-29-2014, 10:00 PM
I agree with ricford. Its your boat, do what you want with it. There are a few options for decent towers under 1k but they won't look as nice as the New Dimensions. I'd consider a Joystick tower or an Indy tower. I had an Indy on my 99 205 and thought it looked good. Nice and solid too. I can dig up a pic if you'd like but it may take a bit.

Stritt
03-30-2014, 06:57 AM
ok you talked me out of it. how about a recommendation on a ski pole and do you know of a good used one and is the size diameter uniform for all models

Put a tower on it if you want, but only a New Dimensions if resale is a concern. Hell nobody cares if its a Sammy Duvall and it doesnt make a difference $$ value wise other than a few hundred dollars. I have had people around the docks think my name is Sammy because of the name on the boat :confused:

It may be difficult thinking about spending 15% to 20% on an accessory then again new boats depriciate the cost of our boats in the first year.

Congrats on your new MasterCraft! Now, lets see some pictures of your new boat.

bturner2
03-30-2014, 09:20 AM
I bet we're going to see quite a few boats with new engines after the winter we had this year. I've been keeping my eyes open for a project and an older 190 or 205 with a cracked block could be the ticket.

ND tower only IMO. It's your boat but you will shrink your market and resale value with a bad tower choice. If you end up doing a tower save your money and get one that looks like it came with the boat.

MI_Corey
03-30-2014, 09:35 AM
On that model boat and staying under 1k I'd go with a Fly High pole extension. I've had both the fly high and the skylon extensions and the build quality of the fly high stainless steel pole is the best. Both work just fine though.