PDA

View Full Version : ETX Manifolds Drain Plugs

mrm2083
03-28-2014, 12:12 PM
Can anyone tell me how many holes there are in the etc manifolds for hoses and or plugs (not including the actual exhaust outlet) and where the are located? Thanks for the help.

CottagerGreg
03-28-2014, 01:32 PM
one on each, easiest to drane thought the lines that cross over the transmission through a garden hose type of connection...

GoneBoatN
03-28-2014, 02:19 PM
Here's a diagram108325

In addition you will find at least one casting plug if you examine your ext riser; they are not hard to find.

One wonders why you are asking?

mrm2083
03-28-2014, 02:47 PM
I have an rtp-1 that is used in salt water and need to replace the manifolds. I have had bad luck with the cast iron manifolds quickly rusting at the connection between manifolds and riser. I found etc manifolds new for 800 (for the set) vs 600 for the cast iron ones. I know that people say not to use aluminum for salt because of dissimilar metals but i figure, since the problem with aluminum is electrolysis, they may last longer than the iron one if I install zinc anodes and drain them after each use (my boat doesn't get much use these days so they would basically be dry all the time.

Because of this, i figure that the etx may be a better choice but i want to make sure that it has enough holes for connections that i can install the manifolds and have an easy way to drain them after each use.

GoneBoatN
03-29-2014, 12:04 PM
... if I install zinc anodes and drain them after each use (my boat doesn't get much use these days so they would basically be dry all the time. ...

I would assume you flush with fresh water afterwards? I would think that would be your best route to longevity.

GoneBoatN
03-29-2014, 12:10 PM
A good little summary but you have most likely done much more research.

http://www.boatus.com/boattech/casey/sacrificial-zincs.asp