PDA

View Full Version : 2008 197 OEM Mini Tower Question

JBrew
03-28-2014, 10:36 AM
FIL is wondering about putting a OEM mini tower on his 197. Does he need to go through a dealer? Can he go directly to the manufacturer? If so, who is the manufacturer? Is used an option? Any help would be appreciated mates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnE
03-28-2014, 10:39 AM
The mini tower changed in around that time. The older version was made by New Dimension and that is available from ND directly I believe. That is a much nicer looking tower (IMO) than the newer mini which was only available from the factory. (I think) It was made by a company called Gere Marie (I think). Not sure where else if anywhere it could be obtained. That is my understanding of everything, maybe others can confirm.

Hammer
03-28-2014, 10:41 AM
FIL is wondering about putting a OEM mini tower on his 197. Does he need to go through a dealer? Can he go directly to the manufacturer? If so, who is the manufacturer? Is used an option? Any help would be appreciated mates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the 07 and up tower is a dealer thing. Not positive. If you can find a used one that would most likely save you a ton of money. Not much help here.

jkski
03-28-2014, 10:52 AM
I have looked into this for my 40th 197 and the factory tower for that boat can currently only be purchased thru a dealer or MC By Design, either way you are looking at about $7500 for a mini tower, bimini, board rack on one side, slalom rack on the other and for the factory cover to be altered to fit around the tower feet. If you go with the new dimensions tower you are more in the $3k-$4k range depending how you choose to outfit it.

The problem is, in my opinion, if you put anything but the OEM tower on an anniversary edition boat, you decrease the value, albeit I could not venture to guess how much and that is solely my opinion. If it were just a regular 2008 197 I do not think it would matter.