PDA

View Full Version : Finally made a decision: X14V

FoggyNogginz
03-27-2014, 11:54 AM
Hey Gang - So I finally made a decision, and I picked up a 2012 X14V with the Ilmor 5.7. I have already ordered all of the ballast bags and an extra pump to build mine out to get a surf wave like Burbey (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=32937&highlight=x-14v&page=9) has, and I've upgraded the 2012 electronics to the latest load as well. We have new wheels on the way thanks to Peter, and I changed all of the fluids, plugs, and impeller this weekend. I sure do miss how easy my Indmar 5.7 was to work on (understatement), but I'm really excited for some warm weather!

I'll be taking these graphics off next week too and adding the white MasterCraft foam letters in the next few weeks. A Clarion AUX port and a Bluetooth adapter are on the way too. It doesn't have the additional remote for the stereo on the driver's side (other than the touch screen), so I may need to grab one of those on eBay (where I seem to buy everything.)

Think Spring! Oh, and my daughter luckily decided on a state school this week, instead of a private college. This boat was MUCH less money than the difference! :);):rolleyes::D:cool:

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/picture.php?albumid=1029&pictureid=6135

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/picture.php?albumid=1029&pictureid=6136

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/picture.php?albumid=1029&pictureid=6137

MC25
03-27-2014, 12:11 PM
Red flake???????????

FoggyNogginz
03-27-2014, 12:12 PM
No flake...just a good wax!

MC25
03-27-2014, 12:15 PM
Either way, great looking boat! Im sure your happy she chose public. My tuition for 4 years at a public school =1 semester at a private = not worth it. Lol

FoggyNogginz
03-27-2014, 01:19 PM
Thanks! Yeah, we were looking at 60K versus 252K for the same degree. Pretty hard to justify, especially considering that I went to a trade school! My guess (and my hope) is that in another ten years, most kids will take at least a few classes online and skip the traditional crazy fees all together. Besides, I can take online classes from the dock!!

scott023
03-27-2014, 01:26 PM
Beautiful boat Kent. Congrats!!

rtw_travel
03-27-2014, 01:55 PM
Welcome to the X-14V family. Excellent choice

214skier
03-27-2014, 02:15 PM
Yes, welcome to the x14v family! It is a good one.

Gorgeous boat.

Anxious to hear how your ballast set up goes... this is on my list as well...

2RLAKE
03-27-2014, 02:51 PM
Congrats ... Great looking boat

soccr10star
03-27-2014, 05:21 PM
Congrats! Looks like it is in excellent condition.

Which state school did she choose? My wife and I are UTK grads

thatsmrmastercraft
03-27-2014, 05:29 PM
That boat looks great Kent. And I know what will add to those great looks. http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/images/smilies/toth.gif

FoggyNogginz
03-28-2014, 12:01 AM
Thanks guys! I'm excited!!

She's headed to UTK College of Engineering. My whole family is full of Tennessee grads... Except for me. Go Vols!

h2oskiluvr
03-28-2014, 08:45 AM
I have a 2013 with the same graphics. I will be looking for pictures when you put the new graphics on. I am not completely sold on the graphics that are on their right now and would consider switching them.

Nice looking boat. I have really enjoyed mine.

FoggyNogginz
03-28-2014, 11:10 AM
I'll post photos with the new graphics as soon as it warms up enough to get the current ones off of there with some ease. I'm just not a fan of the big X14 logo, and I took the X9 graphics off of my last one too. My only question now is should I go with WHITE or BLACK? I'm thinking WHITE for the contrast pop on the water.

dt37803
03-28-2014, 12:10 PM
Thanks guys! I'm excited!!

She's headed to UTK College of Engineering. My whole family is full of Tennessee grads... Except for me. Go Vols!

My daughters a freshman in the honors program at UTC studying Mechanical Engineering. Loves the school ! Yours made a good choice.:)

FoggyNogginz
03-28-2014, 02:59 PM
We're excited, and I'm proud of her for choosing such a great field. Looks like there will be some more time on Norris Lake for me soon!!

thorn210
03-29-2014, 09:09 PM
Congrats on new boat. I would like to ask a question. I am on the fence between a new x14 which is out of state, and an x10 at local dealer. How much room is around the motor to work on it on the 14v? Do the panels beside it remove like on the x10? The 14 sounds more like what I need and is quite a bit less money. Just haven't been able to see one to get all the small details.

h2oskiluvr
03-29-2014, 09:48 PM
Congrats on new boat. I would like to ask a question. I am on the fence between a new x14 which is out of state, and an x10 at local dealer. How much room is around the motor to work on it on the 14v? Do the panels beside it remove like on the x10? The 14 sounds more like what I need and is quite a bit less money. Just haven't been able to see one to get all the small details.

I switched from a 197 to an x14v. Slalom became less a priority and having fun with family and freinds moved into its place. The configuration of the v-drive just can't be beat. The x14 provides some extra room compared to the 197 but it is nothing compaired to the x14v. So, if you are planning to have a bunch of people out and you are planning to mostly do wakeboarding you can't go wrong with the x10. If that's what you are planning and go with the x14 you may be kicking yourself a few years down the road.

FoggyNogginz
03-30-2014, 01:33 AM
I was on the fence just as you are, and to be honest it was price that swayed me the most. I would love an X10 someday, but right now it's an extra $30K over what you can pick up a used X14V for in good condition. We still slalom in the mornings, and this boat is perfectly fine for a casual run on the open water. The surf wave is impressive too if you add enough weight.

The panels do remove on both sides of the engine like the X10, but the compartments are smaller. I switched from 205 to X9, and now to the X14V. We are really pleased.

Good luck!

Sent from my 3448B66 using Tapatalk

JohnE
03-30-2014, 08:20 AM
Congtrats. You will enjoy it. Great boat.

jgraham37128
03-30-2014, 08:33 AM
Congrats on the new boat Kent. I hope to see you on Center-Hill this year. Center-Hill would be a great place in between Nashville and Knoxville to meet up for a good day on the lake with your daughter.

I just ordered a new Soulcraft surfboard this week, so once it gets here I'll be itching to get out there too. This weather needs to change, I sure hope we don't have another cool spring like last year.

snowboardmark
03-30-2014, 09:37 AM
Congrats on the new boat Kent! Looks great. I just sold your old 205. It was a great trouble free boat for us for 7 years. I bought a 2006 X2 at the end of last year. Hope the snow melts soon, so I can take it out. Ohio weather sucks!

FoggyNogginz
03-30-2014, 03:02 PM
J Graham - Sounds great! I hope to be up there in May & June for sure, and then I'm headed to Norris for a bit in July. I'm normally in Mine Lick Creek on CHL, and occasionally in Big Hurricane. What about you?

Agreed on the weather...I'm sick of the cold!

FoggyNogginz
03-30-2014, 03:05 PM
Congrats on the new boat Kent! Looks great. I just sold your old 205. It was a great trouble free boat for us for 7 years. I bought a 2006 X2 at the end of last year. Hope the snow melts soon, so I can take it out. Ohio weather sucks!

That's fantastic! I loved that boat, and I'm glad to hear that she treated you well!! Congrats on the new X2!

jgraham37128
03-30-2014, 06:53 PM
J Graham - Sounds great! I hope to be up there in May & June for sure, and then I'm headed to Norris for a bit in July. I'm normally in Mine Lick Creek on CHL, and occasionally in Big Hurricane. What about you?

Agreed on the weather...I'm sick of the cold!

We do go to mine lick from time to time. Especially on a busy weekend. We also go to Big Hurricane too. I keep my boat at Hidden Harbor so we are between Hidden Harbor and Hurricane Marina a lot.

You should try try to make Wakefest on 7/19/2014 near pates Ford Marina. It's a good event to watch wake boarders.

FoggyNogginz
03-30-2014, 11:04 PM
I went to Wakefest last year with one of the competitors. Great time, even though it rained all day! Look for me when you're out on CHL. I'll be there in June!