PDA

View Full Version : 2 X2 questions

djkslc
03-22-2014, 11:36 PM
Re: 2006 X2

Does anyone have pictures of where they have a 3 vent heater and the outlets?

Is there anyway to get the bimini top up higher on the tower for more head clearance and a better look when folded up like the more current (2008 - current) x2's?

Skyskiguy
03-23-2014, 01:27 AM
I raised the bimini height on my 06 X30 by simply bending a new rear main frame piece with longer legs. Really quite easy and inexpensive to do. Now it sits above the speakers/lighs and folds back against the top cross bar of the tower. If you are in SLC, Sugar House will sell you what you need or would do the modification. I'm in Sandy - you're more than welcome to come take a look.

Duane D
03-23-2014, 08:33 AM
Great idea! I always bang my head on mine. Can you post up a pic to see what it looks like now? Thanks

Thrall
03-23-2014, 01:20 PM
Re: 2006 X2

Does anyone have pictures of where they have a 3 vent heater and the outlets?

Is there anyway to get the bimini top up higher on the tower for more head clearance and a better look when folded up like the more current (2008 - current) x2's?

No pics currently but if you search the general section I got pics of my install.
Heater core and blower under the starboard aft side seat. 1 vent routed fwd and hung under the helm for the driver, not hard mounted.
Other 2 hot tubes mounted in the combing pads 1 each side where the 3 cup holders are. Look like a 4th cup holder. Setup works very well and no holes cut in the tub.

Skyskiguy
03-23-2014, 05:25 PM
Great idea! I always bang my head on mine. Can you post up a pic to see what it looks like now? Thanks

Here are a few photos. The black/white X30 is a friends boat with the collapsed bimini at the original factory height - included just for reference. All other photos are of my X30 after the bimini height modification - one with the original "tribal" decals, one after decals were updated to the "bullseye" graphic.

djkslc
03-23-2014, 06:12 PM
That's exactly what I was looking for. PM'd you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)