PDA

View Full Version : 1st Mastercraft Factory Visit

214skier
03-21-2014, 04:06 PM
Thanks to my good friend Marcus Brown, got the big hook up---I had business in Atlanta, GA and had some time to kill. Thought why not head North to Vonore and see the factory.

What an amazing experience and awesome VIP treatment (thank you so much Aarne for the time and insight). I considered myself a “rabid fan” of Mastercraft prior to this visit; however my commitment and belief in the quality of this boat and manufacturer just went up 3x after. I learned so much that was unfortunately not part of my purchase / delivery experience when I bought my boat.

One of the best parts of the trip? A significant number of boats in production are Prostar!!!

In any case, it was an unbelievable experience that I highly recommend to anyone in the Mastercraft family that has the good fortune of finding their way to Southern Tennessee.

A few snap shots of the amazing people and their craft. Thank you for what you do!

Skyskiguy
03-21-2014, 05:07 PM
My wife and I will be in the Atlanta area, so we are doing the same thing - already been in touch with Max and it is on the calendar for 10am, April 23rd. Then we get to take the drive thru Smokey Mountain National Park and make our way over to Greenville for a few days of meetings. I'm really looking forward to it.

occva
03-21-2014, 10:20 PM
Took the tour last Monday. It is incredible the way these boats are made and attention to detail. Start to finish in 7 days.

Also impressed with the number of prostars in production.

After you see the interior section, be sure to take a look at the Hydra sports being built there. Not for skiing, but pretty impressive.

X25John
03-22-2014, 08:06 AM
It's like going to the toy store when you were a kid. I have been there 3 times, once to see my boat on the assembly line. It's definitely worth the trip if you can do it. It's a first class operation!

CantRepeat
03-22-2014, 09:48 AM
My wife and I will be in the Atlanta area, so we are doing the same thing - already been in touch with Max and it is on the calendar for 10am, April 23rd. Then we get to take the drive thru Smokey Mountain National Park and make our way over to Greenville for a few days of meetings. I'm really looking forward to it.

Please take lots of photos and if you can take a good camera with you. :D

sand2snow22
03-22-2014, 12:53 PM
Awesome. More pics!!

Burbon66
03-22-2014, 01:04 PM
Wow thanks heaps for the pics. And for those due to make the trip please also post. Do the take visitors for test runs out on the water?

214skier
03-24-2014, 07:29 PM
Wow thanks heaps for the pics. And for those due to make the trip please also post. Do the take visitors for test runs out on the water?

That wasn’t offered to me and I would guess it is unlikely. They are definitely in constant mode of dunking new boats and testing systems etc; however these are near delivery models and I can’t imagine putting a lot of people in new inventory

bbeach
03-28-2014, 05:07 PM
I'm surprised they let you take pics. Correct Craft wouldn't let me take any pics when I toured their factory last fall. However it was an impressive factory! Touring Mastercraft is on my bucket list.