PDA

View Full Version : Edmonton Boat Show

wheelerd
03-15-2014, 12:58 AM
Happened to be in Edmonton today to pick up some parts for my 84 Trans Am. I figured I might as well head over to the Boat and Sportsmen's Show and visit the Martin Motor Sports display. As always, it was the best looking boat display in the show. They had one of everything there. Of course, the NXT hull was in the center of the floor. One plus of their display as compared to some of the other manufacturers was that all of the boats were accessible to be clambered in and out of. It was a great experience trying out all the various seating configuration boats, lifting all the hatches and compartments, and looking in all the nooks and crannies. The sales guys were helpful without being pushy.

My fav boat was the X14V. It's the first one with the gray interior in the shots below.

scott023
03-15-2014, 02:06 AM
Not surprising, but I really like that red, black and white one.

AlbertaSurfer
03-15-2014, 02:22 AM
I too spent 5 hours there today. I didn't spent much time at Martin's booth, because I know the MC line, but I found all the other boats easy to get in as well. That copper flake is nice in person!
Lots of nice stuff there from everyone. I will say, I'll never buy anything from the local Nautique guy... I wanted to smack that guy's head after about 30 secs. He would have told me the balance in his personal bank account I'm sure. All about money there...

The most interesting thing I picked up from the show, is the opinion of MasterCraft outside of the borders of the MC booth. Every dealer referred to them as the "if you want to spend too much money, go there" booth. MasterCraft definately has a reputation, or at least a rep of attracting a specific buyer.

ap77
03-15-2014, 02:24 AM
Really like the black and yellow X10.

Colbray
03-15-2014, 02:34 AM
Small world. Our family was there and funny enough we are in the sixth picture you posted. What are the chances of that?

gliff
03-15-2014, 05:38 AM
They set must be very comfortable!

wheelerd
03-15-2014, 10:46 AM
Small world. Our family was there and funny enough we are in the sixth picture you posted. What are the chances of that?

Small world indeed! I saw you trying to stuff that red/black/white boat in your back pocket.:D

Colbray
03-15-2014, 11:54 AM
I would have if I could. That and the X46 were my favorites.

wheelerd
03-15-2014, 12:00 PM
Several of the boats had "Sold" signs on them. I imagine by the end of the weekend most will be sold.
Those of you that have been there . . . how do you think the show prices compare to normal retail? (Of course, we don't know what the actual final prices were negotiated between dealer and buyer.)

AlbertaSurfer
03-15-2014, 12:17 PM
I was in Martin looking at the new Prostar about a month and a half ago. When I asked how much, he said "out the door, today, as it sits... $74. Boat show price, $81"

He claimed boat shoes get people excited about the boats, and people assume they're getting a better price. I'm sure you can haggle, but the list is higher at the shows.

wheelerd
03-15-2014, 12:30 PM
I think that same Prostar was at the show -- the red one? I was in Martin's Calgary earlier this week and saw it there if it's the same one.

Pricing is always a bit of a voodoo topic. The placard pricing at the show made it appear that prices were reduced by $10k, give or take, from what I saw. (To tell the truth, I didn't look that carefully at all of them.)

AlbertaSurfer
03-15-2014, 01:27 PM
The one at the show was different than the one I looked at. It was mostly white, with red seats and stuff. It wasn't as loaded as the one at the show. That silver flake looked sharp on that boat

teamcanada
03-16-2014, 12:23 PM
The Martin booth looked sweet. Way better than the Saskatoon show. Of course that would make sense. Was there a red flake X2 there? If so did it have a sold sign? I might know the guy that pulled the trigger.

teamcanada
03-16-2014, 12:28 PM
This nxt hull will be interesting. But I am wondering how necessary it is. I am hearing that mastercraft pricing is very close to the likes of Bu. The guy on the X2 had said that the quotes he got on the X2 were right there with a Vtx or possibly a Vlx if not better.

CaptainKirk
03-16-2014, 02:19 PM
teamcanada...when I was shopping around for boats, the X2 was competitive to prices I got on the Axis A22. I thought the Axis was supposed to be an intro level boat?

teamcanada
03-16-2014, 08:47 PM
Very interesting. The quality difference between an X2 and an axis is dramatic. To hear the price is close is surprising.

MC25
03-16-2014, 08:50 PM
The wake on the axis is far better though, a22 and x2 arent all that comparable. 22 vs 20. An a20 can be had around 50k base.