PDA

View Full Version : Hoist choices

mebin
03-05-2014, 11:03 PM
Looking to get hoist for x30. In my area choices are down to shorestation, summit, star and Hewitt. So far I have found the following.

Shorestation:
Heavy duty/bomb proof
Most expensive
Don't know about horizontal cross bar seems like it will be in way.

Summit:
Made locally
Vertical lift is least expensive
Hydraulic lift is same price as shorestation
Like v shaped cross support on side seems easier to get into boat

Star:
Don't know to much about but middle of price point
Canopy seems well built and best of the bunch

Hewitt:
Can get hydraulic version for middle price point
Canopy looks somewhat different it is very tall so you can drive underneath with tower up?

I definitely need motor so wife and kids can use when i am not there so will be added cost for non hydraulic system. Also we have zebra mussels in lake unfortunately so am worried how this will affect hydraulic cylinder that sits in water all the time?

Thanks for help

Ben
03-06-2014, 11:20 AM
I'm happy w my SS I bought used with an electric winch in place of wheel. Added canopy last year. Check Craigslist - looks like you in Oakland county as well.

SS parts are available locally, which is good.

I think the Hyd are heavier which could be issue assuming you need to pull every winter...

I like the canopy although I don't have tower. I still cover the boat 98% of time since I am picky.

Mine has the v crossbar, which is fine. I am in about 2-3 ft of water.

What is the bottom of lake like in your area?

LOTW
03-06-2014, 12:50 PM
I just ordered a 5500lb hydraulic lift from Schneider Fabrication in St. Johns, MI. I did a lot of research on these things, and their design and price look excellent. Their prices are listed on their website.

I don't think you'll have much trouble with Zebra Mussels on the Hydraulic Lifts as long as hydraulic parts are made completely with Stainless Steel, but it would be worth asking for sure.

Upnorth07
03-06-2014, 04:23 PM
We have a 3000# ShoreStation with a 24' canopy which we bought new in 1995 for the pontoon. It sits in a lake w/sand bottom in northern Minnesota, in about 3 feet of water. It has been unflappable. No issues ever and next to zero maintanence. In a storm last summer, both neighbors on the shortline had their lifts with runabouts tipped forward due to wind. Ours stayed put. We hire a dock crew to install/remove each spring/fall. Takes them about 6 minutes to remove the whole thing and put it on shore.

dpolen
03-06-2014, 04:26 PM
Not sure of your setup, but I bought an AirDock for my X2 last year...very happy with it since I lease a slip for my boat each year. Substantially cheaper.

airdock.com I've got a few pictures somewhere if you want to see how it's setup with a VDrive.

atthelake
03-06-2014, 06:15 PM
Floe 24 Volt, 7500# VSD with canopy and extensions!!! Anything else just isn't civilized.