PDA

View Full Version : MasterCraft Historian?

JMLVMI
03-02-2014, 10:35 AM
I see a handful of threads pop up every few days that could be answered by someone @ MC who has access to detailed records and the history of the company. (i.e. how many S&S color combinations were there? What was the asking price of my boat back in '89? etc...)

I'm not thinking it would be a highly paid position, but could be a really cool job and would be a great resource to new buyers and those of us who already love the brand :)

So, when will we see the job opening for MasterCraft Historian?

thatsmrmastercraft
03-02-2014, 10:41 AM
I see a handful of threads pop up every few days that could be answered by someone @ MC who has access to detailed records and the history of the company. (i.e. how many S&S color combinations were there? What was the asking price of my boat back in '89? etc...)

I'm not thinking it would be a highly paid position, but could be a really cool job and would be a great resource to new buyers and those of us who already love the brand :)

So, when will we see the job opening for MasterCraft Historian?

The problem with that is through the changing of owners, many of the records were not kept.

mikeg205
03-02-2014, 11:52 AM
There is a volunteer historian working hard his name is Paul Hickman and he's a member of TT he has a small flotilla of early MC's.

thatsmrmastercraft
03-02-2014, 12:17 PM
There is a volunteer historian working hard his name is Paul Hickman and he's a member of TT he has a small flotilla of early MC's.

Paul does seem to know everything stars & stripes and earlier.

Snipe
03-02-2014, 01:01 PM
:)'Cmon Paul. Chime in. Ready to go public??:)

mikeg205
03-02-2014, 01:05 PM
:)'Cmon Paul. Chime in. Ready to go public??:)

he messaged me on FB - I sent him this thread... lol

Sydney Skier
03-02-2014, 03:36 PM
I wouldnt mind finding out some info about the BF200s and specifically how many are in australia

JohnE
03-02-2014, 09:39 PM
I've thought for a long time that there should be a comprehensive history thread. Could be a great project as we are closing in on 50. But as Pete said, a lot of records were lost or disposed of.

JMLVMI
03-02-2014, 10:42 PM
I've thought for a long time that there should be a comprehensive history thread. Could be a great project as we are closing in on 50. But as Pete said, a lot of records were lost or disposed of.

Truly a shame...they should hold a contest: the biggest MC fan wins a year's salary to travel around and meet with owners, old pro team members, etc. and make a History of MasterCraft coffee table book!

Traxx822
03-03-2014, 07:52 AM
Truly a shame...they should hold a contest: the biggest MC fan wins a year's salary to travel around and meet with owners, old pro team members, etc. and make a History of MasterCraft coffee table book!

I would buy it. History rocks!!!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

bailey78
03-03-2014, 11:21 AM
I would also buy a history of mastercraft book!!!!

SunCoast 83
03-03-2014, 08:14 PM
I would also buy a history of mastercraft book!!!!

They offered one a few years back that I bought. Not that good of a book. Would have expected more homage paid to the old SS tugs and Barefoot 200s

orbeamlb
03-03-2014, 08:20 PM
They offered one a few years back that I bought. Not that good of a book. Would have expected more homage paid to the old SS tugs and Barefoot 200s

I have a 40TH Anniversary Hardcover book. Found it cheap on EBay. Wish that it covered more of the models through the years though.

SunCoast 83
03-03-2014, 08:23 PM
I have a 40TH Anniversary Hardcover book. Found it cheap on EBay. Wish that it covered more of the models through the years though.

Agreed.....that's the book I have.

MC25
03-03-2014, 08:24 PM
A Mastercraft historian would be as useful as a normal historian! lol. I think Zane and the mc reps do a great job as being able to answer most of the questions that you can throw at them at boat shows or MC events.