Saw this on WW...

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=791554

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwuWbysoipc

TOO-TALL
01-22-2012, 05:23 PM
Why does it have a gas cap??..:) :)

GoneBoatN
01-22-2012, 11:22 PM
Can't wait for all those dead electric boats needing a tow back to the ramp. Ninety Minutes, really? I typically put 4-6 hours on the engine in a day.

rholmes
01-22-2012, 11:48 PM
I can personally say with certitude.... one of the dumbest things I have ever seen. 90 mins @ wakeboard speed... how about adding music from the radio, ballast in/out, is that time with ballast, sans ballast? I'll bet you barely get a half hour with REAL WORLD environments...

curtish
01-23-2012, 12:34 AM
IMO it seems a little premature, technology-wise, to be manufacturing electric boats. Especially considering how much fuel used in a modern boat versus the distance traveled.

mwg
01-23-2012, 04:52 PM
No need for ballast... I'm sure the batteries weigh a ton

brucemac
01-23-2012, 04:58 PM
No need for ballast... I'm sure the batteries weigh a ton

only in the bow :)

mikeg205
01-23-2012, 06:27 PM
so quick calc's yielded 120 lbs of coal to charge the thing? 80Khw of force in 90 minutes...need about a pound of coal roughly to produce 1KWh or .5 gallon of gas. Not too environmentally friendly to me...so the real emissions of the X-Zero is not Zero. Someone check my arithmetic. Got the 1 lb. from Arizona power commission..saw values as high as 2 lbs. per Kwh - where's the high school science knowledge when you need it.

JBrew
01-23-2012, 06:44 PM
so quick calc's yielded 120 lbs of coal to charge the thing? 80Khw of force in 90 minutes...need about a pound of coal roughly to produce 1KWh or .5 gallon of gas. Not too environmentally friendly to me...so the real emissions of the X-Zero is not Zero. Someone check my arithmetic. Got the 1 lb. from Arizona power commission..saw values as high as 2 lbs. per Kwh - where's the high school science knowledge when you need it.

I've seen the same argument with the volt... Couldn't agree with you more.

I guess the tree huggers are not so good at math....

TOO-TALL
01-23-2012, 07:08 PM
This whole electric, save the enviorment craze cracks me up!!!...
The one river I ride at has old used rusted out half sunk barges set'n along the bank of the river Just rust'n away poluton the water and nobody cares......So i know lets make a electric wake boat that we can only use for 90 minutes........and it takes more polutents to charge the stupid thing then to burn in a gas engine..

Tree hugers are nuts!!!!!!!!!!

snork
01-23-2012, 07:26 PM
Coal is not the only way to produce electricity, some burn money :D
Seriously though wind, hydro, nuclear and solar are other ways to produce electricity
If it was up to me I'd use Atomic power ;)

Tomi
01-24-2012, 08:47 AM
Producing electrics and batteries for prius's etc. is so environmentally harmly as possibly can. They pollute the world way too much in making the stuff. The examples of mining the ores, shipping them to one place for refining then back to another to make the cells for the batteries etc. etc. are classic.

BUT I cannot see them making these for environmental reasons. Unless they just count on ignorance of people to understand the whole lifecycle environment impact, not just the use phase. Rather I think they make these to experiment how to react when gas gets even more scarce and prices start going through the roof.

mikeg205
01-24-2012, 08:52 AM
This whole electric, save the enviorment craze cracks me up!!!...
The one river I ride at has old used rusted out half sunk barges set'n along the bank of the river Just rust'n away poluton the water and nobody cares......So i know lets make a electric wake boat that we can only use for 90 minutes........and it takes more polutents to charge the stupid thing then to burn in a gas engine..

Tree hugers are nuts!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Too_Tall who needs a slalom course or wakepark... when we have all those old derelict rusted obstacles along the bank... down river in morris a barge sat all season because it got beached during high river...

Tree huggers are nuts... and besides tree don't hug back...:D:D:D:D:D

mikeg205
01-24-2012, 08:53 AM
Producing electrics and batteries for prius's etc. is so environmentally harmly as possibly can. They pollute the world way too much in making the stuff. The examples of mining the ores, shipping them to one place for refining then back to another to make the cells for the batteries etc. etc. are classic.

BUT I cannot see them making these for environmental reasons. Unless they just count on ignorance of people to understand the whole lifecycle environment impact, not just the use phase. Rather I think they make these to experiment how to react when gas gets even more scarce and prices start going through the roof.

great comment!

mrprostar
01-24-2012, 10:02 AM
Low Emissions is not the only reason to buy electric. My parents just bought a volt and they are excited to pay $ 0.85 (cost for full charge on 110) for the first 40 miles then get 40 mpg after that. With my mom's commute they rarely use gas and are averaging over 100 mpg since they bought it.

Bouyhead
01-30-2012, 03:14 PM
From BOS site:

From Des Burke-Kennedy's facebook:
Have you seen the revolutionary new 100% electric MasterCraft Zero 1 - just launched today at the the Dusseldorf International Boat Show. From what I hear from our World Cup MasterCraft buddy Ian Birdsall, its actually a real production model and is available for sale right now ! Its all packed in to the well established MasterCraft X1 hull / Riders favourite. A single charge will give one hour at 30kph on a single charge / sounds like the real biz !

I wonder how the wake is at 22 off:rolleyes:

Duane D
01-30-2012, 03:53 PM
Already discussed.....

http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=45355

BTW, this is NOT an official Mastercraft Product, as stated from MC Facebook page.

Shooter McKevin
02-01-2012, 01:00 PM
Loads of intriguing discussion of this topic in here (from this time last year).

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=39440&highlight=electric+nautique

PeterN
07-11-2012, 04:08 PM
Even if this boat comes too early, I personally like the idea of an electric boat. Here in Europe it's getting more and more difficult to find a lake where you can wakeboard with a classical engine. E-powered boats are the future - as soon as the batteries are good for 3-4 hours.

I stumpled over a video clip of the X1 Zero, so I googled for it and found this TeamTalk thread. Here the clip:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/66825486/2012_mureny_mastercraft_zero.mp4

PeterN
07-11-2012, 04:18 PM
At least in Europe, gas station pricing is another reason to switch over to e-powered boats.
Here in Italy I pay these days 1.95 EUR per liter
This is about 9 USD per gallon. How much do you guys pay in the US per gallon?

HartlandX1
07-11-2012, 08:10 PM
3.50 give or take

Quinten
07-12-2012, 03:57 AM
At least in Europe, gas station pricing is another reason to switch over to e-powered boats.
Here in Italy I pay these days 1.95 EUR per liter
This is about 9 USD per gallon. How much do you guys pay in the US per gallon?

Belgium is around 1.56 eur per liter
so around 7 USD per gallon. If you want cheap gas in europe you need to be verry close to Luxembourg.

Plave
07-12-2012, 08:24 AM
For me in the UK fueling at the marina is $10.00 USD per gallon.

About $8.50 if I want to hump cans through the woods, I'm all for electric power in boats and cars and it's not about "tree hugging", it's about the massively rising expense of a commodity we are going to run out of. Oil isn't going to get cheaper, ever.

BoulderX45
07-12-2012, 02:15 PM
For me in the UK fueling at the marina is $10.00 USD per gallon.

About $8.50 if I want to hump cans through the woods, I'm all for electric power in boats and cars and it's not about "tree hugging", it's about the massively rising expense of a commodity we are going to run out of. Oil isn't going to get cheaper, ever.

Please help me with the math if it's all about the cost:D

Boat Battery Powered $200,000
Boat Gas Powered $130,000

Savings when buying gas powered boat $70,000
Amount of gas purchased with saving at $10.00 a Gallon 7,000 gallons or 235 fill ups.

Please don't get me started if you didn't pay cash for the boat. Because if you do pay cash for the boat you could almost pay for the gas each year only making 3% on your $70,000 you have to invest:D

Plave
07-12-2012, 03:41 PM
I'm not suggesting buying one of these boats now makes sense (not that I've seen 200k quoted) but they are most definitely the way forward

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2