PDA

View Full Version : Reg numbers on window glass

Jerseydave
01-21-2012, 05:34 PM
Has anyone tried placing thier reg numbers on the windshield side glass? If so let's see some pics!

I wanted to maintain a cleaner look on my prostar if possible.
If I have to go with numbers on the gelcoat I will get some custom red ones to match the red stripe on the boat.

d2jp
01-21-2012, 06:05 PM
I've seen them on the side glass and don't think that looks too good, but that's just my opinion. I've got the PowerSlot decal on my side glass, and have seen others with a single small HO, Oakley, etc decal and think that looks OK. My reg numbers are located just below the 'flare' of the deck/bow and are not really that noticeable...at least I don't think so. Some states require the numbers to be a certain color or possess a certain amount of visibility so you may want to watch out for that.

JohnE
01-21-2012, 06:59 PM
I don't think thatreg numbers on the windshield are legal where I am registered. Possibly not anywhere

mikeg205
01-21-2012, 07:09 PM
In Illinois numbers must be on the hull. Put mine below the rub rail...the numbers I think are kinda of hidden away... :)

Table Rocker
01-21-2012, 07:42 PM
It's hard to tell in the pic, but the registrations numbers match the burgundy decals on the rest of the boat and the font is familiar to us all. [email protected] hooked me up.
http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/4995/img2049x.jpg

01-22-2012, 09:15 AM
#s on the glass in Florida are illegal if you read the # placement on the instructions. THe only ones allowed to place #s on windshield are antique boats older that a specfic year..and I do not know that year. Check with your state boat registration department

[email protected]

Jerseydave
01-22-2012, 09:43 AM
After looking at my windshield again I can't put numbers on there anyway. They would cover up the 25th ann. logo that's etched into the glass.

I'll get some custom ones made up in red to match the red stripe on the boat.

Lumbergh
01-22-2012, 01:18 PM
Mine came with numbers on windshield sides from PO.

Looked awful.

One of the first things I did was remove them and get some nice domed quality numbers in the hemi-head font for the hull. Much better.

shepherd
01-24-2012, 12:10 PM
I've gone 5 years without any numbers at all on my boat without getting caught. I keep the current registration and decal in the glove box, but I just couldn't find a decent place on my boat to put the numbers. I only use the boat on a lightly used public lake. Other than that, it's been to Lake Wylie for CSM a couple times.

Not recomending this approach though. ;)