PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Boat Show -X-30

ddanenberger
01-19-2012, 02:47 PM
Did anyone see the new X-30 at the show? Any comments? any photos?

Duane D
01-19-2012, 04:09 PM
I saw it there on Saturday. The thing is fantastic! I love the interior, those hips and the size. The gel scheme is one of the coolest MC has put out. I personally prefer the pickle fork MCs to the traditional bow, but if I ever get rid of my X2, the new 30 would be the first one I considered. Sorry, no pics.

ddanenberger
01-19-2012, 04:25 PM
Did Zane talk about the wake for wakeboarding? I here it has a great surf wake but I have not heard anything about wakeboarding.

CLTMC
01-19-2012, 04:26 PM
MasterCraft has nicknamed the newly designed 2012 X-30 the Malibu 23LSV/Wakesetter 23VLX killer.
The new X-30 is awesome, it has all of the new MC design features packaged very affordably:D

sand2snow22
01-19-2012, 05:48 PM
^^Interesting. I find it amusing MC is coming out with a regular bow 23 footer and 21 footer (rumor) to compete with the 23 LSV and 21 VLX. On the other hand, BU designs a picklefork 22 foot MXZ this year!?!?!?!? Hmmmmm...

Jerseydave
01-19-2012, 06:11 PM
Pics from the NY boat show

kgrove
01-19-2012, 06:44 PM
I honestly cant see a difference between this and the previous X-30. Can anyone highlight any material changes? Substantially different hull or minor modifications?

ZachDaddy
01-19-2012, 07:32 PM
I snaped a few pics when I was there...I'll post them on Sunday when I get home. The red x30 was awesome...I would buy it with a little less "flare" on the interior colors and the four corners tower. I talked with Zane about both the wake for boarding and for surfing. He gave it high marks! I to like the exterior design and I think that the boat looks better in person than the pictures I saw before the show.

Duane D
01-19-2012, 08:50 PM
Did Zane talk about the wake for wakeboarding? I here it has a great surf wake but I have not heard anything about wakeboarding.

Here is Zane's response on Facebook about the X30 wake:

So sorry for the delayed response but I've been slam busy at the Atlanta show!! So I see you want to know wakes and what the 6.2 is like in the X30. First off I had the lime green one with a 6.2 in it at my house for testing and it's really... nice with the big Ilmor we saw 47 mph an it really handles well. The 5.7 we had in the R&D boat in TN is more than adequate for most and coupled with our new auto launch set up the 5.7 does great with a full load but hey we all love more HP too.

So the wake...I skied it with my neighbor and it's certainly not a 197 or X14v but I'd put it in 2nd in the MC V Drive category for a pretty decent ski wake, tracked very well and at longer lengths putting in a little of the attitude adjustment tab will help (10-20% or so). Also I saw a little further back that you can get a decent barefoot wake too!

Wake boarding wake is very nice, clean and the boat really isn't too tippy. We rose it stock and loaded and the wake is a little wider than the old 205v more shaped and width like a X2 do I rode @ 75' and slowed a little to 23.5-24.0. X30 has a good easy to enter transition and a solid wake (not mushy) with good vert.

Surfing the X30 is AWESOME! In TN I rode it with a simulated ballast sine the test boat was missing ballast tanks and the surf wake WITHOUT surf tabs and attitude adjustment plate was epic. Got some hallow barrels on the starboard side (usually a harder side to see a good surf wake=due to prop rotation) and on the port too. So when I got the production boat with tabs I was eager to see what we could do with stock and added ballast and let me tell ya it was so FUN! We found that driving in a circle as conventional wisdom would yield as ok but it was also really cool to just go straight and the wake was peeling. Using the surf tabs we move the sweet spot back as they're designed to do. The port side is always ripping on a MC due to prop rotation but on the X30 the starboard was getting hallow and I gotta tell ya we were jumping up and down in the boat so excited to see such a great surf wake on both sides. So in short the X30 is second only to the MC300 and that wake is ridiculous! With or without tabs the X30 is king in the MC surf family in my book.

Handling is amazing on the X30 too. Turns super tight, auto launch is really cool and coming through triple ups you barely felt the wake.

If I were buying I'd option in the center rear flip seat, BTS windshield, panoramic mirror, surf tabs and attitude adjustment plates and the pro package. It's truly the "JACK OF ALL TRADES" in the inboard boating world.

Man I hope this helps Bob. Been typing this while eating in the Atlanta airport so if some of theaters no sense I'm sorry.

GO BIG!

Zane

CottagerGreg
01-19-2012, 10:32 PM
awesome info by Zane. the same blue x-30 from nyc was in Toronto. it is a sharp looking boat. i'd like to compare the wake to the x-25.

sand2snow22
01-20-2012, 12:02 AM
New X-30 have tracking fins?

thatsmrmastercraft
01-20-2012, 12:11 AM
New X-30 have tracking fins?

One track mind.:D:D:D

DemolitionMan
01-20-2012, 09:01 AM

jason95gt
01-20-2012, 11:13 AM
Yes the X-30 has tracking fins and the hull is completely different from the previous model. Flatter bottom in the back, longer, wider, more V up front.