PDA

View Full Version : My new to me CSX 220 and the modifications

Sa Sailor
01-19-2012, 12:41 AM
I have just bought my three year old CSX 220 and towed it with a second hand Ford F250 I bought the same day 1400 kilometers from Jo-burg to Cape Town (South Africa.) The trip took two days.I am making a number of mods.Firstly the trailer jockey wheeL snapped off.I am replacing this with much heavier duty two wheel pneumatic tyres.(this will make rope launching possible as the lagoon I am on has a very shallow slip and dries out during the course of the summer.The next mod is a swinging extent ion arm of about 12 feet on the trailer again for shallow launching and front tow bar on my pick up truck.I will get pictures of these mods if anyone is interested and would be interested on hearing from anyone who carried out similar changes.

JohnE
01-19-2012, 05:10 AM
Congrats on the 2 purchases. Post some pics of both and definitely of the mods as well.

Sa Sailor
01-19-2012, 10:54 AM
HI John in UK at the moment back in SA end of next week and will post pics. Other mod is to hook up iPod connection to Clarion sound system which is not compatible.My guy in SA says he can do this at little cost.It is surprising that they are not compatible.I have looked for other blogs on this and it seems that you need to purchase an interface from Clarion ,I will post whether this is necessary.

suiterob
01-24-2012, 04:41 PM
Congrats on the purchase, you will enjoy it.. I have an 07 CSX and I'm pretty sure your should already have the headphone in jack in the glove compartment that links to the radio.

curtish
01-26-2012, 01:17 AM
I would definitely like to see pics of the tongue extension. Interesting idea.

bobx1
01-26-2012, 01:12 PM
Congrats on the purchase, you will enjoy it.. I have an 07 CSX and I'm pretty sure your should already have the headphone in jack in the glove compartment that links to the radio.

Also check under the dash near the throttle. I would think the head phone (Ipod) jack was standard with that boat. My Clarion unit in my X1 came with the jack.