PDA

View Full Version : Wow, I can't believe I'm seeing this...

jbkriss
01-12-2012, 12:06 PM
An all aluminum wakeboard boat... No pictures of the wake though...

http://www.pavati.com/wakeboarding_boat/aluminum/

Thrall
01-12-2012, 12:08 PM
Cool looking boat, but sort of counter productive. "Now the boat weighs 1500lbs less, so you'll have to add 3000lbs of ballast for a sick wake!"
Now I could see a market for an aluminum ski boat.......no wake.

jbkriss
01-12-2012, 12:27 PM
Cool looking boat, but sort of counter productive. "Now the boat weighs 1500lbs less, so you'll have to add 3000lbs of ballast for a sick wake!"
Now I could see a market for an aluminum ski boat.......no wake.

Yeah, I always stay away from the boat that can do it all... well. Just don't see how it can be great at skiing, great at wakeboarding, and great at wakesurfing. Looks very well built. I can only imagine the labor on that thing.

mikeg205
01-12-2012, 12:44 PM
it will be interesting to follow.... the only way to get a similar wake is to drop the stern which of course raises the bow.... so still need lots of fuel to displace water. No info on powerplant and trannies... I did not see any video's of the boat running...you never know depending how the boat floats literally....

jbkriss
01-12-2012, 01:02 PM
Here's a clip of the wake http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=Zwr1ioi5RBU... Nothing special in this clip. With the boat being so light and the engine and ballast in the back, it's going to need some serious ballast up front.

GoneBoatN
01-12-2012, 01:27 PM
Tower is welded to the hull. No getting that boat in my garage. The hull may not need protected from the elements but the rest of the stuff that goes inside the boat does.

scott023
01-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Yuck......

cbryan70
01-12-2012, 01:30 PM
http://www.pavati.com/wakeboarding_boat/models/

24 footer comes with 4k of ballast. merc cruiser scorpion or supercharged....

I like the idea. If they choose to use the purevert system to get 4k of ballast in and out of the boat in a few seconds and it has a great ski wake what is not to like.

agarabaghi
01-12-2012, 01:33 PM
uhm... pass.

scott023
01-12-2012, 01:37 PM
http://www.pavati.com/wakeboarding_boat/models/

24 footer comes with 4k of ballast. merc cruiser scorpion or supercharged....

I like the idea. If they choose to use the purevert system to get 4k of ballast in and out of the boat in a few seconds and it has a great ski wake what is not to like.

The way it looks....

CantRepeat
01-12-2012, 01:40 PM
lol, they are using a photo of the busted up bow of my 92 without permission!!!

1redTA
01-12-2012, 02:48 PM
Decepticon?

wrobins1
01-12-2012, 03:19 PM
Decepticon?

:purplaugh that is great :purplaugh:purplaugh:purplaugh

93Prostar190
01-12-2012, 03:47 PM
Wasn't the Delorean Aluminum ? .... I know the Audi A8 has been for a while .... now in boats....

I did not know that someone was putting all those beer cans we have been recycling to good use .... I thought we were only supporting the pontoon market.

I love innovation.

But I still love my fiberglass.

sand2snow22
01-12-2012, 03:57 PM
Here it is. 4k purevert ballast. $100k Tower is welded to the hull. Rock solid. Top part folds forward.

They make drift boats and fishing boats that look to be WAY better quality than their competition. Wakeboat market is crowded, but interested to see what they do in the future.

The tracking fin is the best part of the boat. I will see if I can snap a pic when I go back to the show!

14 MPH in that video?

scott023
01-12-2012, 04:03 PM
Here it is. 4k purevert ballast. $100k Tower is welded to the hull. Rock solid. Top part folds forward.

They make drift boats and fishing boats that look to be WAY better quality than their competition. Wakeboat market is crowded, but interested to see what they do in the future.

The tracking fin is the best part of the boat. I will see if I can snap a pic when I go back to the show!

14 MPH in that video?

Pardon me???

sand2snow22
01-12-2012, 04:30 PM
Pardon me???

They did say they can make them for $60-70k. Not sure what you lose...?

scott023
01-12-2012, 05:13 PM
They did say they can make them for $60-70k. Not sure what you lose...?

Wow. Never mind the 8K power tower, a 140K X55 doesn't look so bad now.

JulioX2
01-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Sand2snow what was the interior quality like? Not my cup of tea, but I'm sure someone out there will like it and buy it. Looks like the new Malibu..

rgardjr1
01-12-2012, 06:37 PM
Wow. Never mind the 8K power tower, a 140K X55 doesn't look so bad now.

The $100K was for the entire boat-not just the tower.

mikeg205
01-12-2012, 06:44 PM
what is that a spork bow as opposed to the pickle fork bow? Funny the video did not have anyone throwing a trick.

Aluminum is nice for longevity - I have 1993 17 foot alumacraft which I fish out of in Ontario...90 outboard... it actually throws a fair wake...Its time for Lund to build a Fish and Wake boat...Time to do some photoshop just for fun...

sand2snow22
01-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Sand2snow what was the interior quality like? Not my cup of tea, but I'm sure someone out there will like it and buy it. Looks like the new Malibu..

It just got back from the interior shop. Vinyl was decent (newer style vinyl), but the builder said he still needed to finish carpeting under the seats, etc. It didn't have a drivers seat b/c they guy building the seat didn't finish it before the show :o

Bow seating a little funky. Playpen style, but IMO too tall....

mwg
01-12-2012, 07:11 PM
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=791158

Here is a link to more pics at Wakeworld.com

rhsprostar
01-12-2012, 10:29 PM
Should make a slalom boat not a wake boat....low weight, nicely balanced, throw in a small diesel motor....you could get some nice small wakes for the kids at slower speeds. Now you might need some big a$$ fins to keep it line but hey why not...........

BrooksfamX2
01-12-2012, 11:46 PM

14 MPH in that video?

tr6coug and I just saw that boat today at the Portland boat show....def interesting.

GoneBoatN
01-13-2012, 12:27 AM
The way it looks....

Agreed. Uglier than sin.

medicmoose
01-13-2012, 06:32 AM
Innovative! I like the steps built-in at the rear but the dash looks pretty awkward and "busy". It'll be interesting to see how their sales go.

jbkriss
01-13-2012, 09:07 AM
I actually like the way it looks... probably my own bad taste. I sure am curious to see what the WB and WS wakes look like behind it.

BrooksfamX2
01-13-2012, 09:30 AM
.................The tracking fin is the best part of the boat. ................

Yes, Looked like something out of Monster Garage.......... :D

I want to add one to my X2 :rolleyes:

scott023
01-13-2012, 10:43 AM
The $100K was for the entire boat-not just the tower.

I got that. 8p:D

TRBenj
01-13-2012, 11:03 AM
The way it looks....
I cant say that its attractive looking, but it certainly doesnt look any uglier than any of the MC pickleforks!

I think its a very cool idea. It does look a little strange without a rub rail though. I wonder how thick the skin is- Im curious if its prone to denting or not. At least fiberglass has a good amount of flex to it.

JulioX2
01-13-2012, 11:46 AM
It just got back from the interior shop. Vinyl was decent (newer style vinyl), but the builder said he still needed to finish carpeting under the seats, etc. It didn't have a drivers seat b/c they guy building the seat didn't finish it before the show :o

Bow seating a little funky. Playpen style, but IMO too tall....

You'd think they would have had the boat completed prior to making it's debut. But like I said it does look sharp.

Shooter McKevin
01-13-2012, 12:00 PM
I really like the styling for some reason.

Does anyone else think they should have never let that video out that shows how awful the wake is?

Shooter McKevin
01-13-2012, 12:22 PM
I cant say that its attractive looking, but it certainly doesnt look any uglier than any of the MC pickleforks!

I think its a very cool idea. It does look a little strange without a rub rail though. I wonder how thick the skin is- Im curious if its prone to denting or not. At least fiberglass has a good amount of flex to it.

I couldn't place what was so unusual about the appearance and I think it is the lack of rub rail.

The video is still bugging me a ton. :noface:
They appear to have posted it as an advertising video. But it screams to me "this boat is useless!!. What use is a video of the wake at 14mph? and at 2800 rpm? Put the proper prop on, set it up for your target market (supposedly wakeboarding), and post a sales video of how sweet the wake is. If you can't make a sweet wake then you'd better change your target market, or use some smoke and mirrors to divert peoples attention. Don't post your one and only video showing how much your boat sucks. Use some trickery to make it look better than it is, like the major brands do. (overload is until it is about to sink then video the wake).

It shouldn't bother me this much, I think I'm a little oversensitive today.

mikeg205
01-13-2012, 12:37 PM
I couldn't place what was so unusual about the appearance and I think it is the lack of rub rail.

The video is still bugging me a ton. :noface:
They appear to have posted it as an advertising video. But it screams to me "this boat is useless!!. What use is a video of the wake at 14mph? and at 2800 rpm? Put the proper prop on, set it up for your target market (supposedly wakeboarding), and post a sales video of how sweet the wake is. If you can't make a sweet wake then you'd better change your target market, or use some smoke and mirrors to divert peoples attention. Don't post your one and only video showing how much your boat sucks. Use some trickery to make it look better than it is, like the major brands do. (overload is until it is about to sink then video the wake).

It shouldn't bother me this much, I think I'm a little oversensitive today.

I am with you...I posted earlier - that there was no wakeboarder popping any tricks. I think its a good start - but needs more innovation and some better marketing. Looks like a hobby developing into a product. Some real cash was put into that boat. On the good side, I have a 14 starcraft fishing boat... floats well, fishes well, and easy to re-power. Aluminum is easier to repair etc. What it needs is really sick wrap to catch peoples attention and some additional engineering to be a real wakeboard boat. my .02

Shooter McKevin
01-13-2012, 12:41 PM
I am with you...I posted earlier - that there was no wakeboarder popping any tricks. I think its a good start - but needs more innovation and some better marketing. Looks like a hobby developing into a product. Some real cash was put into that boat. On the good side, I have a 14 starcraft fishing boat... floats well, fishes well, and easy to re-power. Aluminum is easier to repair etc. What it needs is really sick wrap to catch peoples attention and some additional engineering to be a real wakeboard boat. my .02

Are you still talking about your starcraft here...:D

mikeg205
01-13-2012, 12:43 PM
Are you still talking about your starcraft here...:D

yeah...lol...its a sick little fish slayer...

Shooter McKevin
01-13-2012, 01:14 PM
I thought it looked a little familiar. They may have borrowed a couple of design cues...

scott023
01-13-2012, 02:40 PM

MC pickleforsk aren't ugly. Just sayin.

helton333
01-13-2012, 03:13 PM
1. Do I want a lighter wakeboard boat?
2. Lightning rod on the water?
3. VERY original hull design
4. ok, so I hit the dock (hard), does the welded repair work need bondo?
5. Ever rode in an aluminum boat in chop? hope the sound system is loud, real loud.
6. Why?????

O2BESOHUGE
01-13-2012, 03:19 PM
Plus Have Any Of Yall Ever Painted Aluminum...it Doesnt Stay On There For Long

sand2snow22
01-13-2012, 03:58 PM
4. ok, so I hit the dock (hard), does the welded repair work need bondo?

I asked them what would happen if it hit a rock, they said it might dent it, but it would be an easy fix compared to fiberglass. Bottom is supposed to be pretty thick and strong?

willyt
01-13-2012, 05:23 PM
AWESOME!!!!!
i could use jb weld to put my boat back together...

RMUDBUGS
01-14-2012, 11:02 AM
I like the idea. I don't live on a lake and have to tow it every where so the lighter weight would be a plus. I also like the stronger hull, lots of stumps on the lakes I use and floating derby on the river. Do they make a 20 footer?

curtish
01-14-2012, 02:14 PM

Sign companies have been painting aluminum for decades. You are probably using the wrong paint and/or prep method. Just sayin'.

gotta_ski
01-14-2012, 03:07 PM
Not only sign compaines, but just about every airplane you've ever ridden on has been painted aluminum. Don't think that will be a problem.

I think its awesome. As RMUDBUGS said, what a great thing for those that trailer every weekend. Dropping 1k to 1.5k off your towing weight is something I think everyone would welcome. I also really like the idea of not worrying about beaching it. If only they'd make a closed bow inboard, then we'd really be getting somewhere.

rydog
08-13-2014, 04:12 PM
I was going to start a new thread on this but I found this one so I figured I would revive it. Has anyone seen, ridden, heard reviews, etc., anything on these Pavati wakeboard boats? Here is a link to the current site http://pavati.com/

Honestly I think they look pretty sick!! but im sure other people will hate them

mikeg205
08-13-2014, 04:58 PM
Saw an un painted one a while back ... Didn't see any pricing

SJ.
08-13-2014, 05:10 PM
I've owned a couple of V8 powered Jet sleds. Cracks, dents, paint coming off, not things i would worry about in the slightest. They are very tough and durable and they know how to paint them now-a-days. What I would worry about is how damn hot that painted aluminum is going to be in the sun all day. No matter what color I had, they were hot. And, that was in Seattle. Somewhere constantly sunny, can't even imagine...

rydog
08-13-2014, 05:14 PM
I am very curious on the price. The new videos they have put out make the wake look really good and also the amenities they have in the boat are awesome

Spork
08-13-2014, 07:05 PM

BudmanV24
08-13-2014, 07:49 PM
Not only sign compaines, but just about every airplane you've ever ridden on has been painted aluminum. Don't think that will be a problem.

I think its awesome. As RMUDBUGS said, what a great thing for those that trailer every weekend. Dropping 1k to 1.5k off your towing weight is something I think everyone would welcome. I also really like the idea of not worrying about beaching it. If only they'd make a closed bow inboard, then we'd really be getting somewhere.

They should powder coat that bad boy.

BrooksfamX2
08-13-2014, 09:21 PM

Most jet sleds and river boats are painted aluminum. It works well.

BrooksfamX2
08-13-2014, 09:22 PM
Never mind....... 8p

scott023
08-13-2014, 09:36 PM
I am very curious on the price. The new videos they have put out make the wake look really good and also the amenities they have in the boat are awesome

This is exactly what I just said to my wife. That was a darn good vid, showed lots of the features of the boat, and that surf wake looked wicked.

CC2MC
08-13-2014, 10:23 PM
Interesting concept, although I think they need to work on some of the design cues. The dash looks more like they took a dash from a fishing boat and slapped it in a wake boat. The stepped transom looks kind of goofy, and while the transom with the seats option looks better, it is not that much better, imho. I like all the storage offered. The surf system looks exactly like the NSS system on Nautiques. I would like to see one in person though. I like the engine options offered too. Powder coating is a great idea, especially below the water line. If it is indeed $100k, then I don't really see much of an advantage over its fiberglass counterpart.

rydog
08-14-2014, 10:18 AM
I agree on the transom steps, but I do not think the reverse seating is bad. I was reading somewhere that they are around $60-70k, although there was no mention of the options offered at that price.

I am surprised no one has seen one on here? I think the dealers are all out west pretty much.

zamboniman
08-14-2014, 03:28 PM
The last thing i would do is powdercoat it. Once theres a flaw theres no touching up.