PDA

View Full Version : 1988 ProStar 200

orbeamlb
01-02-2012, 12:10 PM
Happy New Year, are there any fellow ProStar 200 Owners out there? I picked up my Dove Gray/Dark Blue 88 model with a 200HP Fuel Injected Merc over Thanksgiving. The boat was well cared for and only needed minor freshening and detailing. It runs and performs great. Thankfully we live in Austin so we can go boating pretty much year round (pic was taken in mid December near sundown, hence the dark picture and we took it out again New Year's Eve) . Also, if anyone has any info on these seemingly rare boats please share.

01-02-2012, 12:23 PM
Fun boat...great acceleration. Originally designed for Long Distance jump

Please check your HULL ID #. That looks like a 1986/87 not a 1988

[email protected]

oumiller28
01-02-2012, 02:07 PM
Great Looking boat! Looks like your 2012 will be a good one.
Congratulations and BOOMER SOONER!!

Duane D
01-02-2012, 08:06 PM
There is one of those near my house for sale at a "park it here and sell it here" lot. I didn't think it was a real M/C at first because it was the first one I ever saw with an outboard motor. Are those rare/valuable? The one near me is sitting open in the weather rotting and looks to have been there a while.

orbeamlb
01-02-2012, 08:10 PM
It's definitely an 88. Last two numbers of the VIN and the title confirm it. For some reason it seems that the 87 and 88 used the same deck as the 86 ProStar. Don't know why they were done that way but it does give them that retro look. I'm leaning towards getting an extended Ski Pylon instead of a tower to not mess up the classic look.

Jerseydave
01-02-2012, 08:14 PM
Welcome! Nice barefoot boat you have there. Where do you run?

Also get yourself off the guest status....you can contact Sodar about that if you wish.

BTW, good move avoiding the tower install and going with a flyhigh pole. :D

orbeamlb
01-02-2012, 08:14 PM
I did find where someone had posted copies of the 87 MasterCraft sales brochure showing the ProStar 200. The only one I had seen in the flesh was when they were new at a Ski tournament.

Chances are I won't run into another one anytime soon, had several folks comment about it being the first they'e seen too.

orbeamlb
01-02-2012, 08:18 PM
Jim,

Would you know where I could locate a replacement MasterCraft Non-Slip strip that goes between the rear bench and the Splash well? Cant seem to locate one. May just go with a regular large decal.

Thanks,

Mike

orbeamlb
01-02-2012, 08:20 PM
I live in Austin, TX. Beautiful city, great for raising a family and plenty of outdoor activities to do. I'm also an avid cyclist (road and mountain) and runner. Plenty of great places to boat here within 30 mins to 1 hour from the house.

Jerseydave
01-02-2012, 08:56 PM
Oops, I missed that you mentioned in your first post that you're in Austin.

If you like vintage motorcycles, visit horsepower farm there in your city. My buddy Winslow is the owner and he's crazy about bikes!

-V-
01-02-2012, 10:56 PM
orbeamlb,

Austin is great. I used to camp lakeside at Emma Long, Great little hideaway area if you get there at the right time. I drove there every other week from San Antonio. Family liked camping and i liked boarding, hoping to get back there some day. Good find, looks great.

orbeamlb
01-06-2012, 06:46 PM
Emma Long is a nice park. They also have a great rockyy, technical mountain biking trail. Made the full length of Lake Austin New Years Eve and had lunch at Hula Hut. Boat parking is much easier than car parking there.