PDA

View Full Version : New X-35 Owner with Questions

dhoward
12-23-2011, 08:01 PM
Hello all,

I picked up my new '11 X-35 at the end of this summer & only had a limited amount out on the lake with it, so I have a few questions. I noticed that there are 2 fuel inputs on the boat. Is this a dual feed to one tank, or does it have two separate tanks on it? Also I've searched around and was able to find that it had 800 lbs of stock ballast, but I was unable to find the breakdown of how much weight per tank (#per rear/ # KGB). Thanks in advance everyone, I truly appreciate it. Merry Christmas!

CantRepeat
12-23-2011, 08:23 PM
Welcome to TT Dhoward.

First, you can get your guest account fixed by sending a PM to Sodar about your account. He'll fix you up.

Both the port and starboard fill points go to a single center fuel tank.

I'm unsure of the ballast break down but I would think 300/300/200 port/star/kgb center is your ballast weight. Your dealer should know the exacts.

Again, welcome to TT. That is one great looking X35. Post more photos when you get a chance. We all love to look at MC photos.

Quinten
12-24-2011, 03:12 AM
Yep its one tank,
I know a powerpoint where you can see the new fuel system
http://www.tb-boten.nl/
Its in dutch but, you need to go between the mastercraft and the moomba." Download HIER de presentatie." You need to press "HIER"

scott023
12-24-2011, 08:54 AM
Welcome to TT Dhoward.

First, you can get your guest account fixed by sending a PM to Sodar about your account. He'll fix you up.

Both the port and starboard fill points go to a single center fuel tank.

I'm unsure of the ballast break down but I would think 300/300/200 port/star/kgb center is your ballast weight. Your dealer should know the exacts.

Again, welcome to TT. That is one great looking X35. Post more photos when you get a chance. We all love to look at MC photos.

I think you're spot on with that.

dhoward
12-24-2011, 03:38 PM
Alright thanks for the info everyone!

dhoward
12-24-2011, 05:16 PM
Sorry I forgot one more thing. I know I have perfect pass on my boat, but are these new systems still paddle wheel driven or GPS? Searched forums & manuals but found nothing that was extremely clear.

snork
12-24-2011, 05:56 PM
Sorry I forgot one more thing. I know I have perfect pass on my boat, but are these new systems still paddle wheel driven or GPS? Searched forums & manuals but found nothing that was extremely clear.

all 2008 and newer are GPS

dbhoward
12-24-2011, 09:00 PM
Great! I was hoping I had GPS PP. Any idea where the GPS antenna would be for a 2011? I looked around and couldn't find one initially. I didn't figure mine would end up being GPS because I couldn't find GPS signal strength or any type of status in the BIG menus.

-V-
12-24-2011, 09:45 PM
if you want, you can let me take it out for a couple of days and i will tell you everything i find out, lol........:D

mikeg205
12-24-2011, 10:20 PM
if you want, you can let me take it out for a couple of days and i will tell you everything i find out, lol........:D

Take me too... :D....want to make sure everything works too...:cool:

Jerseydave
12-25-2011, 02:08 PM
Sweet boat! I'd love to see some pics of the interior too.

I think the GPS puck is mounted under the dash drivers side from what I've read on here. You may be able to see it if you flip up the boat seat on that side?

No boat buddy on that trailer? (I noticed just the bow roller)
You should ask your dealer to throw in some boat trailer guides too. :)

dbhoward
12-25-2011, 04:08 PM
I'll be sure to post some interior pics next time I'm out at the barn. The trailer is only used twice a year, so I didn't need anything special. I'm going to pick up the guide covers thought, considering they're only $40 or so.

dbhoward
12-27-2011, 08:42 PM
Here you are Jersey Dave. Sorry I was unable to get better pictures. It's in the barn & not too easy to get great pictures of the exterior for anyone else who wanted a look. I'm a big fan of the red LEDs that are by the cup holders in the aft. Don't know if they all have them or not.

CantRepeat
12-27-2011, 08:44 PM
Great looking boat. Do you do any surfing with it? Have you done any work on the ballast system?

dbhoward
12-27-2011, 08:57 PM
Yeah a lot of the family really enjoys it. I only wakesurf occasionally. It's a great surf boat if you add some extra weight beyond stock. I suppose it's because of how deep the hull is. Put a fat sac in the rear locker on the side you're riding, another up front, pile a few people in, and you get a nice BIG wake & deep pocket.

MC25
12-29-2011, 12:50 PM
My 2010 x15 has the paddle wheel, so I'm not sure about all 08's and up are gps.... Check underneath your boat on the port side towards the bow.

GoneBoatN
12-30-2011, 12:40 AM
My 2010 x15 has the paddle wheel, so I'm not sure about all 08's and up are gps.... Check underneath your boat on the port side towards the bow.

+1 on the above.

I thought the two options were Perfect Pass and Zero Off. Zero Off being the GPS version and Perfect Pass being a paddle wheel. If you have a paddle wheel it should be around center of the boat on the bottom of the hull. If you have a paddle wheel you can test by turning on the boat (not starting the engine) and spinning the wheel just like of water was passing underneath. It may be that you would have a paddle wheel anyways, I don't know.

I see you have the BIG. Unfortunately, MC updated the software on it and did not produce an updated User Guide that I could find. So you are correct, documentation is lacking.

The BIG manual is at http://mastercraft.com/files/manuals/e6c4012f95bd5e0ca0cef3d961baa1fd.pdf. As I mentioned it is outdated. However, look at pages 7 & 8 which seem to indicate that the BIG will show if it is PP or Zero off.

PP was the standard option for the x-35 in 2010 and Zero Off was an option. I think it was the same for 2011.

P.S. Sweet boat!