PDA

View Full Version : Bennett trim tab for surfing

Fman
12-21-2011, 12:38 PM
Hello MC owners,

I am considering installing some Bennett trim tabs on my Malibu to help with surfing. I believe Mastercraft offers this on some of there boats and wanted to get some feedback from owners who are using this.

Does it really make a noticeable difference for surfing? If you engage both of them will it do anything for the slalom wake?

Thank you for any feedback you can offer...

MattsCraft
12-21-2011, 02:26 PM
See this post, the Tab you show in the picture is a center tab, this does improve the ski wake, pushes the bow of the boat down. For my boat X2, it does nothing for the surf wake, other than reduce it.

See this post on the Surf Tabs. Surf Tabs will not improve the ski wake. However the new MC boats with the B.I.G. system have a launch sequence that deploys all tabs at start up and then brings them back up to help improve hole shot.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=35505&highlight=Surf+Trim+Tabs

willyt
12-21-2011, 03:04 PM
Totally worth deploying while your son is killing it on the surf board causing him to fall.

MattsCraft
12-21-2011, 03:55 PM
Totally worth deploying while your son is killing it on the surf board causing him to fall.

Ha, Ha, Did I do that:D