PDA

View Full Version : New X Star Release on hold?

swatguy
12-09-2011, 06:41 PM
Can anyone confirm this? Heard MC came across some issues with new design. Thought it was 9yrs in the making? :confused:

CantRepeat
12-09-2011, 07:28 PM
Can anyone confirm this? Heard MC came across some issues with new design. Thought it was 9yrs in the making? :confused:

Well, if they found issues then it's better that they do put it on hold. They could always release a boat that was 9 years in the making that has issues and let everyone try and beat them down for releasing a boat that has issues. :confused:

agarabaghi
12-10-2011, 08:04 AM
was the issue the fact the nose still goes under!

JohnE
12-10-2011, 09:03 AM
Hasn't ben a lot of discussion about the new xstar here for some reason. To say it's 9 years in the making isn't exactly accurate, but I see your point.

JohnE
12-10-2011, 09:06 AM
I would be surprised it they put it on hold, they know that it has to be a big 'wow' factor with introducing this boat.

skishack90
12-10-2011, 10:49 AM
Guys, they just changed the game of wakeboarding once again with this boat. Let them make it perfect. We don't want any legal issues coming up again like the X-45.

swatguy
12-10-2011, 03:42 PM
Hasn't ben a lot of discussion about the new xstar here for some reason. To say it's 9 years in the making isn't exactly accurate, but I see your point.

Yea I was kinds being scarcastic, Zane used that saying in his promo vids....couldnt remember what the years were he said, but that was said to prove this was the most r & d'd boat in the in Mc's history and current line I am sure

Here's the deal. While for sure I would like MC not to put a boat out there that could possibly have issues, they were so confident, and hyped the crap out of the boat thats if there were any issues whatsoever they hould have held up. Just look at the whole lets hide the boat, countdown to unveiling, biggest wake ever, the best thing than sliced bread....yadayada yada.............Oh wait we screwed it up and no boats will be delivered...our bad, please wait to give us you 140k while we go back to the drawing board. That's just terrible business and yet another display of the lack of quality control from a company so intent on being The Elite Boat.

And yes it's quiet about the new X Star on the site here. Which isn't good for the boat that's supposed to be their Icon. This is MC's site........ 25's are flying out the door everywhere........ However, 0 new threads from anyone purchasing or riding a new X Star besides those on the payroll from MC in promo vids. So something is obviously up. Kind of like the tower issues. My brother in law owns a 45 with the Power Tower, An early model 45 at that. He new nothing of the recalls and upgrades already needed to his tower and neither did his dealer. HE endured the tower issues on his older 15, just considered it a small flaw, However he just upraded to rid the issues and get a bigger ride and now there are the same issues that plagued his older boat. He's beside himself.

swatguy
12-10-2011, 03:44 PM

Nah it was probably the fact that it needed 8k worth of ballast and lake levels were dropping feet at a time after ballast filling.:D

jason95gt
12-10-2011, 04:00 PM
The boat has been signed off of and completed. Delivery will be around March/April. Those with deposits will most likely be the only ones getting a new X-Star this coming year.

Jerseydave
12-10-2011, 07:04 PM
I bet Mastercraft is also working on another new model.....perhaps shaped similar to the new X-star? I guess we'll have to wait and see won't we! :D

swatguy
12-10-2011, 07:55 PM
All mc needed to do was put a top deck of an x star on a Csx hull and the would have the best all around wakeboat on the market. While I know the 25 is essentially that, its not the x star top deck. Easiest solution ever giving them the X Star icon boat with baddest wake all while saving them cash.

Jerseydave
12-10-2011, 08:04 PM
All mc needed to do was put a top deck of an x star on a Csx hull and the would have the best all around wakeboat on the market. While I know the 25 is essentially that, its not the x star top deck. Easiest solution ever giving them the X Star icon boat with baddest wake all while saving them cash.

Looks like the baddest wake just got better with the new X-star!
The X-25 is still a very popular model (the most popular actually) without spending the extra coin for the new X-star, so I think MC has all the price points covered.
With the X-1 gone, that could only help the used boats maintain a good resale value.
BTW, most of you probably know this but no more CSX or X-80 either.

JohnE
12-11-2011, 07:28 AM
Here's the deal. While for sure I would like MC not to put a boat out there that could possibly have issues, they were so confident, and hyped the crap out of the boat thats if there were any issues whatsoever they hould have held up. Just look at the whole lets hide the boat, countdown to unveiling, biggest wake ever, the best thing than sliced bread....yadayada yada.............Oh wait we screwed it up and no boats will be delivered...our bad, please wait to give us you 140k while we go back to the drawing board. That's just terrible business and yet another display of the lack of quality control from a company so intent on being The Elite Boat.

And yes it's quiet about the new X Star on the site here. Which isn't good for the boat that's supposed to be their Icon. This is MC's site........ 25's are flying out the door everywhere........ However, 0 new threads from anyone purchasing or riding a new X Star .

I don't disagree with anything. I haven't been online as much as usual, and I was wondering why there wasn't any buzz here about the new X star.

swatguy
12-11-2011, 11:17 AM
I think MC has all the price points covered.

I wouldn't say they have every pricepoint covered in the v drive area. Just those above 70k:)

12-11-2011, 01:09 PM
OK...love all the speculation and rumor control here. Do you have some solid evidence and/or email, or is it all just a rumor mill here???

thatsmrmastercraft
12-11-2011, 01:28 PM
OK...love all the speculation and rumor control here. Do you have some sold evidence and/or email, or is it all just a rumor mill here???

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Jerseydave
12-11-2011, 01:28 PM
I wouldn't say they have every pricepoint covered in the v drive area. Just those above 70k:)

Neither does CC. :D
I would prefer a slightly used X-2 or X-15 before a new Moomba or Axis....but then again not everyone feels this way I'm sure. It is a shame the X-1 is gone though. :(

willyt
12-11-2011, 01:34 PM
visited the factory this weekend. release isn't on hold, and its been signed off. it takes time to get the mold made... give em a break guys. who needs delivery before march anyway? (other than the FL people). I'm just guessing they cant set a price before they get the first couple production boats off the line to understand the costs.

let's get this rumor mill under control guys.

CantRepeat
12-11-2011, 01:59 PM
OK...love all the speculation and rumor control here. Do you have some sold evidence and/or email, or is it all just a rumor mill here???

Of course not.

erkoehler
12-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Neither does CC. :D
I would prefer a slightly used X-2 or X-15 before a new Moomba or Axis....but then again not everyone feels this way I'm sure. It is a shame the X-1 is gone though. :(

CC has the 200v under 70k...that's all I'll say cause this is a MC site.

waterlogged882
12-11-2011, 03:04 PM

swatguy
12-11-2011, 04:23 PM

Actually I do. Have a coworker that was told his delivery date was moved 4 mos and was given 0 info except it's under redesign. He pulled his order and went with different mfg due to all the issues and minor problems in his past 2 MC's. He was supplied minimal ino. While he chalked it up to the new owners of the dealerahip in past 2 yrs it obviously wasn't't He's a guy who turns over his boats every two years. Has owned 12 mc's. He's a west coaster. Before I put the post up he was the first i called. This isn't a rumor. There is a reason noone else can order an x star and only deposit boats are being built. I understand you are a major dealer and a huge asset of the site however lets not minimalize the issue. Its a major problem if a boat is pulled after the hype and the boat is released that should not happen. Also have riding buddy that went to test drive/possibly purchase an xstar at dealer in AZ was told he couldn't at the moment. These are both long time friends and aquaintances

This is an MC site and this is Mc thread. Sometimes the negatives are hard to swallow. Simple fact not a rumor........a design flaw that I am sure hasn'tlost just one cutomer. Can someone walk into Baws and put an order in for one and expect delivery ?

scott023
12-11-2011, 04:53 PM

Why dont you come to the plate with some infomfor us then?

JLowder
12-11-2011, 05:15 PM
Based on the marketing materials on the MC website, I am surprised they are building 2012 boats at all. They can't even update a freaking website 6 months into the following years production cycle, what makes you think the markets folks even know what is going on in the R&D department. I guess if I really wanted to know, I would monitor facebook for their status updates. What a joke.

tex
12-11-2011, 06:30 PM

No...that was my 197!

Jerseydave
12-11-2011, 07:11 PM
Based on the marketing materials on the MC website, I am surprised they are building 2012 boats at all. They can't even update a freaking website 6 months into the following years production cycle, what makes you think the markets folks even know what is going on in the R&D department. I guess if I really wanted to know, I would monitor facebook for their status updates. What a joke.

I was at the factory last week....plenty of 2012's being built while I was there including a beautifull 300! Josh at MC said he spent a lot of time driving and riding behind the new X-star so I assume it's coming out in the near future.
Sometimes new models are worth the wait. Remember the 1983 Corvette? Oh yeah, that's right there wasn't one because they were still re-tooling for the 1984.

jbkriss
12-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Sorry if this has already been covered, but what is to become of the soon to be former X-Star hull? Is it going to be repackaged under a new name?

swatguy
12-12-2011, 04:48 PM
Well mc is planning on a new boat in the line in April.....I am completely guessing but possibly related to that hull. Although that hull threw a killer wakeboard wake, that was all it did well.

kgrove
12-13-2011, 01:10 AM
Also have riding buddy that went to test drive/possibly purchase an xstar at dealer in AZ was told he couldn't at the moment.

I wouldn't read to much into this. First, to my knowledge no dealer anywhere has the '12 star, so no test rides anywhere - AZ or otherwise. Second, the Mastercraft dealers in AZ are in flux and I'm not sure anyone here stocks new MCs. AZ Mastercraft stepped into financial doo doo (surprise - somebody in Arizona borrowed more money than they could pay back) and now goes by the name of AZ Luxury Marine. They can't find banks willing to lend money to allow them to stock new inventory, so they take orders for new boats but don't have stock for test drives. There is apparently another "dealer" in AZ now whose name escapes me, but I don't know if they are stocking inventory.

I'd go with the guys who have been to the factory and saw X-starts being built... good indicator things are progressing.

12-13-2011, 09:25 AM
Why dont you come to the plate with some infomfor us then?

Why??? Because I don't have any?

SWATGUY did his due diligence and provided what info he has. If there is a delay I am sure there is good cause. Just because I am a dealer does not always mean I am in the know...

The NEW XStar will be the latest and greatest...I do have 1 customer inquring about it.

Jim

scott023
12-13-2011, 09:47 AM
Why??? Because I don't have any?

SWATGUY did his due diligence and provided what info he has. If there is a delay I am sure there is good cause. Just because I am a dealer does not always mean I am in the know...

The NEW XStar will be the latest and greatest...I do have 1 customer inquring about it.

Jim

Fair enough Jim. I thought you might have some insight, as you are pretty close to the guys at the factory.

agarabaghi
12-13-2011, 10:30 AM
I hope it has something to do with the ilmore motors lol... for some reason i dont like them

willyt
12-13-2011, 10:36 AM
has nothing to do with the motors... they were testing that 7.4 at the PWT last year, and i've seen more than a couple boats, other than the new star, with it.

agarabaghi
12-13-2011, 10:55 AM
=( boo!

ill have to ask my friend