PDA

View Full Version : My last run for 2011 & my new X-25

jwardenjr
12-07-2011, 01:22 AM
Well I got my new X-25 on 10-18-11 and took it out for the first time a week later. Since then we have logged almost 80 hrs. We have been so busy with the boat that I have not had time to give my thoughts on my new and first MC. I am going out this weekend to squeeze one last long weekend in. Drysuits for the whole family but yes we are die hards. I pushed the season as long as possible even for Parker AZ ... highs will be mid 60's Lows high 30'S the water .... hoping for low 60's still. I am hoping to have time to give my unbiased opinion of the X-25.:D I will not be boarding this trip as I decided to hit a cable strong across the trail on Indian land on Thanksgiving day while riding my dirt bike at 30+ mph. I tore up my right shoulder effectively ending my season right at that moment. I just might try a wake surf session if I can bare the pain. Hoping to start back up at the end of February or early March ... got to love the sun in AZ ... :firejump:

attached are picture of the new dock bumpers and why we love to board in the winter .... pure glass. The kids having fun doubles and learning to wake surf ... Happy Times

vision
12-07-2011, 07:46 AM
Great shots!

Jet
12-07-2011, 07:54 AM
Wow, very nice. I am jealous.

BrooksfamX2
12-07-2011, 09:46 AM
Nice! :headbang:

mitch
12-07-2011, 09:58 AM
Looks like fun..

Millertime
12-07-2011, 10:47 AM
With a season that long I wouldn't mind spending the money on a new boat, that's awsome. Great photos. One of the lakes we go on around here hits mid 60's in August if we're lucking, mountain run-off!!

scott023
12-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Great pics. Beautiful.

jwardenjr
12-07-2011, 11:20 PM
With a season that long I wouldn't mind spending the money on a new boat, that's awsome. Great photos. One of the lakes we go on around here hits mid 60's in August if we're lucking, mountain run-off!!

Water temps stayed up this year spring suit till the first week of november then dropped to drysuit weather in a few days. We run water temps in the mid 80's all summer

mikeg205
12-07-2011, 11:22 PM
okay - I hate you... but I mean that in the best possible way...soo jealous...sorry about the injury...

Nick911
12-08-2011, 02:14 AM
What's your surf set up? You running zero off or pp?

Millertime
12-08-2011, 10:19 AM
I was down in your area in October to test drive my boat (Lake Pleasent) and the water was in the 80's. I couldn't believe it! Warmest water I've ever seen!

jwardenjr
12-08-2011, 05:36 PM
What's your surf set up? You running zero off or pp?

I am in talks with MC about my PP as it works perfect in RPM mode but will not work with Sh*@ in MPH mode. To be honest it works so well in RPM mode I almost dont care about the MPH thing. My original thought was to make them upgrade me to Zero Off.

I can get the wave you see in the picture about a foot higher and 12' long with this set up.

Full Surf Tab
Both factory and front KGB tanks full
a X-2 Sac in surf side locker 400-450 lbs.
a long Sac under side seat I think its 600-700 lbs.

when running starboard side I slow it down about 1/2 mph for each setting

I throw two tsunami pumps over the side and they fill about as fast as the factory tanks takes 10minutes to get set up. No bags on the floor and no crazy overloading of the boat.

Wake tab at about 70% and 10.4 - 10.8 for a big wake if the rider want a little more length or we are using the long board 8' (lots of fun) we go 11.4 makes the wave about 15-18 feet long amazing. Everyone that surfs my boat says they cannot stand surfing there boat anymore

hragsarkissian
12-09-2011, 01:59 AM
Full Surf Tab
Both factory and front KGB tanks full
a X-2 Sac in surf side locker 400-450 lbs.
a long Sac under side seat I think its 600-700 lbs.

when running starboard side I slow it down about 1/2 mph for each setting

I throw two tsunami pumps over the side and they fill about as fast as the factory tanks takes 10minutes to get set up. No bags on the floor and no crazy overloading of the boat.

Wake tab at about 70% and 10.4 - 10.8 for a big wake if the rider want a little more length or we are using the long board 8' (lots of fun) we go 11.4 makes the wave about 15-18 feet long amazing. Everyone that surfs my boat says they cannot stand surfing there boat anymore

That is a killer wake. Been trying to get mine right. I will try the same setup next season. Seems reasonable, not overkill. I've seen some crazy setups on the board.

Couple of questions:
- When filling the factory ballast, do you fill both rear ballasts? or just the side you surf on?
- Unfortunately, i do not have surf tabs. Do you think they're a must? How does it affect your wake?

jwardenjr
12-11-2011, 03:51 PM
That is a killer wake. Been trying to get mine right. I will try the same setup next season. Seems reasonable, not overkill. I've seen some crazy setups on the board.

Couple of questions:
- When filling the factory ballast, do you fill both rear ballasts? or just the side you surf on?
- Unfortunately, i do not have surf tabs. Do you think they're a must? How does it affect your wake?

Its very reasonable and found adding more weight really doesn't make much difference. Its a 10 minute set up from wake boarding and off you go. The boat handles very well and your not stressing your systems.

On the surf tabs cant really answer that one never tried with out :confused:... If not you can add tabs for a reasonable amount of money. we have been using them on ocean boats for years.