PDA

View Full Version : What's a better rough-water boat?

jbkriss
12-02-2011, 04:19 PM
The X2 or X45? I have a buddy in Jax that is shopping. X25 is out of the equation- not enough used SS available. The boat would be running on the intercoastal. Which of these two would provide a drier ride for the passengers? My guess would be the 45? Thanks.

rgardjr1
12-02-2011, 04:52 PM
The X2 or X45? I have a buddy in Jax that is shopping. X25 is out of the equation- not enough used SS available. The boat would be running on the intercoastal. Which of these two would provide a drier ride for the passengers? My guess would be the 45? Thanks.

I've got the X-2 SS and my guess is the X-45, but I've only been in one once. My X-2 does pretty well on the larger lake that we're on, but it still can be a pretty miserable ride when the wind starts blowing and the white caps show up.

JohnE
12-02-2011, 07:16 PM
The X45 by a mile.

Thrall
12-02-2011, 07:40 PM
In my experience, they are very similar in rough water. With a boat load of people or extra ballast both are equally as easy to dunk the nose in the right situation and they felt similar to me in choppy water at speed.
That said, the 45 is longer, so at plowing speeds or slower on plane speeds, the 45 is going to have more nose up in the air and deflect waves better.
Between the 2, if I had the means and the storage, I'd get an X45.
And not that you asked, but the X15 does better than them both in rough water, IMO and within the price ranges of the 2 and the 45.