PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Mastercraft by Design Shirts and Hats

JDJ_205
11-29-2011, 05:54 PM
Hey Everyone,

Any thoughts on the "new" shirts & hats?

I'm kinda disappointed in the hats. I'm 27, I get the flat bill and edgy side logo look to target the younger crowd, but can't we have some normal hats available?

I bought a hat several years back that was blue/white and had the white 'mastercraft' across the front with an 'MC' on the back. Its sharp, I wish we had some options like that.

I'm not sure who is coming up with the designs, but this mastercraft. We're talking about the best ski boats in the world. There's enough attitude in the name / logo alone! We don't need to reinvent the image that currently exists. The logo that has been around for years is enough to make a statement. Go ahead with the new edge stuff but don't forget the traditional appeal that comes with being "Held to a Higher Standard"!!!!

Sorry to vent.

epnault
11-29-2011, 06:53 PM
Your vent is justified. I was hoping for a raised letter normal bill hat this year. Guess we will have to wait for fad to end

Covi
11-29-2011, 07:14 PM
I bought last year the flex fit shield hat normal bill. It's been great. I too do not care for the flat huge bill hats.

JDJ- Very well said. I hope to see the same!

bailey78
11-29-2011, 07:33 PM
I agree! I am not in my 20's and like the regular hat bill!!! There loss not mine, I'll just buy a hat from a Barefoot manufacturer.

81SNS
11-29-2011, 08:54 PM
x2 and the shirts arent much better..... I am 47 years old, there is one one tee shirt that I even considered buying, the one with just the Mastercraft shield in red white and blue, all the others are for the 20 year old punk look

thatsmrmastercraft
11-29-2011, 08:56 PM
Ditto on the above points. There needs to be more hat and shirt options aimed at the people who buy these boats.

madcityskier
11-29-2011, 11:24 PM
Was loving the "original" shirt in the black friday sale. Too bad I'm not a small. Come to think of it, noone I could buy one for is. Ditto on the gangsta hats.

JDJ_205
11-30-2011, 08:21 AM
Thanks all for the responses, glad i'm not alone! I'll let them know, hopefully something changes!

JohnE
11-30-2011, 02:54 PM
Ditto on the above points. There needs to be more hat and shirt options aimed at the people who buy these boats.

Agreed. I mentioned it in a thread a while ago and they MBD guy was open to suggestions. I think he left this site though. Scot may know.

aquaman
11-30-2011, 03:07 PM

agree.....i don't think the Gangsta or punk ball-caps are representative of the MCraft product??

i suggest they can keep that krap if they want and Should offer a "Classic MasterCraft" line of accessories.

MIMC
11-30-2011, 03:20 PM
Agreed on all the previous comments! Every year before Christmas I purchase at least 2 or 3 items from the site for my wife and kids to give me (yea- no surprise factor - but at least I know I will like what I'm getting :o). Not this year - nothing on there that I care for. If my kids gave me one of the "gangsta" hats not sure what I'd do with it, perhaps accidentally lose it? The only gift I would consider is the soft sided cooler - I love the one I already have. What about a NORMAL polo styled shirt with a simple MC logo that I could wear to work? Hope improvements are made!

Ironhorse
12-01-2011, 09:23 AM
I agree as well. With boats priced $100K plus, it really isnt the 20 year olds making the boat purchase and the boat owner would like to purchase some swag once in a while.

-V-
12-01-2011, 09:33 AM
I like basic simple things when it comes to what i wear. I do not have my pant around my ankles showing my butt crack and underwear. I don't have my ball cap on backwards-sideways with sunglasses cocked. I don't have gold falling out of my mouth. I am just a regular person that dresses appropriately to go in public. If they offer good decent products, then i buy. I will not buy baggy-saggy pants or a hat that is not functional. correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure that most of the younger generation cannot afford a MC. I can barely afford mine and it's almost 12 years old.

JBrew
12-01-2011, 11:18 AM
Agree with previous comments... im in my 20 somethings and not a fan of the new gear.

ProTour X9
12-01-2011, 11:37 AM
Designs are bad other than the classic logo. A good polo would be nice.

scott023
12-01-2011, 11:45 AM

The guys from MBD aren't coming on here anymore, so it may help to call them and give them ideas.

-V-
12-01-2011, 12:41 PM
good deal, let me know how that goes. :)

Stritt
12-01-2011, 01:05 PM
In case they are reading this.....I too agree with everything posted so far, give me some simple classic MasterCraft t-shirts & I will buy them. Had on order together for the Black Friday sale for some classic shirts, towels ect.....never placed due to the extreme shipping cost (extreme due to cost savings were depleted by shipping cost), they need to get that fixed too.

I am 40 not 18.......my 11 year old doesn't care for much of the offering.

-V-
12-01-2011, 01:12 PM
design stuff for people that work and have jobs that can afford to buy stuff.

scott023
12-01-2011, 01:26 PM
good deal, let me know how that goes. :)

I've done it already. They were easy to talk to, but one opinion isn't enough for them to change their strategy.

LaRue
12-01-2011, 01:56 PM
The guys from MBD aren't coming on here anymore, so it may help to call them and give them ideas.

What is the reason for this? If this forum losing credibility?

scott023
12-01-2011, 03:01 PM
What is the reason for this? If this forum losing credibility?

The guy that ran the MBD part of Gere Marie left the company. Since then, no one there has monitored this site.

CantRepeat
12-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Agreed. I mentioned it in a thread a while ago and they MBD guy was open to suggestions. I think he left this site though. Scot may know.

John, did he just leave this site or did he move on to a new job as well?

He was pretty helpful and did the best he could with TT member requests for new products or changes to the current line.

JohnE
12-01-2011, 03:36 PM

He was pretty helpful and did the best he could with TT member requests for new products or changes to the current line.

The guy that ran the MBD part of Gere Marie left the company. Since then, no one there has monitored this site.

^^^^^^^
Scoot knows more than I. He should, he's spent a lot more.:D

jasonba1
12-01-2011, 03:46 PM
hey guys mastercraft by desgin does not make the shirts or the designs. the guys that do all that is label industries shoot michael a email at [email protected] . I like the stuff they are making but I also understand what every one else is saying also I know for a fact that is just small portion of what they are working on and alot of the classic stuff is coming out. So shoot michael a email and give him some ideas of what you all will like and I think youll be amazed on what he will come up to make everyone happy. I hope this helps out

JohnE
12-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Tell Michael to join the site and show us some products.:cool:

CantRepeat
12-01-2011, 03:53 PM

He has joined already. I thought he was a spammer until I look at his profile, almost banned him but his IP checked out. 8p

Hopefully he'll check in here and we can start to feed the ideas again. :D

scott023
12-01-2011, 04:04 PM
He has joined already. I thought he was a spammer until I look at his profile, almost banned him but his IP checked out. 8p

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

CantRepeat
12-01-2011, 04:12 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

With a user name like label industries I was pretty sure. We average about 200 per week. :mad:

scott023
12-01-2011, 04:28 PM

He left Gere Marie.

scott023
12-01-2011, 04:28 PM
With a user name like label industries I was pretty sure. We average about 200 per week. :mad:

That's ridiculous.

thatsmrmastercraft
12-01-2011, 04:31 PM

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Juiced190
02-03-2012, 10:48 PM
Seriously! Purchased my first MasterCraft in July of 2009 after 30 years of wishing for one. I wear a baseball cap almost every day of the year, and what guy doesn't sport his favorite cap on a day at the lake? It's part of the real man fashion statement; t-shirt, jeans, favorite shoes, and baseball cap. I've searched everywhere for a decent MC cap and have yet to find one. I actually ordered 3 different caps from MBD and returned them. The guys at MBD were awesome to work with and took everything back and gave full refund. I'm not sure who makes the decisions about what to put out there for loyal MasterCraft customers and fans to purchase, but I'd like to see more availability and options. How is it the manufacturer of the worlds greatest ski boats can't put out a decent baseball cap?*

Covi
02-04-2012, 08:38 AM
I purchased the black flex fit MC hat from MC by design a year plus ago. It's a great hat and the only hat I would consider. I (my opinion) think they are missing the boat with the horrible graphics, designs, and quality. I should say at one point not to long ago a had a long sleeve (red) MC t-shirt in my cart. It was very well done with classic labeling. However, upon check out they were going to charge more for shipping than the shirt itself! MC by design shipping fees are out of control. I get shipping and handling, but come on?

JT racing has been producing quality products for the motocross industry since the mid 60's. they still have quality products, with down to earth graphics that appeal to the majority of their consumers. The prices are right and the shipping is affordable. MC by Design take note. By the way the JT mesh trucker hat is also a flex fit! The next best thing to the real deal.