PDA

View Full Version : Winter Haven Chain of Lakes....Canals and water level info request

Stritt
11-21-2011, 02:58 PM
Maybe looking to head over to Winter Haven Chain this weekend. Are the canals passable? Looking from Lake Roy out to the other lakes.

Thanks.

agarabaghi
11-21-2011, 03:49 PM
I know the water level on the winter park chain is high and the canals are usable.

dski12
11-21-2011, 04:49 PM
I was at Lake Roy in June. Water was high but could not get through the canal. One of my friends got stuck and we had to drag his boat out. Canals need to be dredged. There is a large public ramp that would be a better choice to get to the other lakes. Be careful in the canals!

Stritt
11-21-2011, 04:58 PM
Thanks, will scratch that idea and stay local.

SkiDog
11-21-2011, 05:22 PM
Thanks, will scratch that idea and stay local.

Such a waste too! Those canals are a blast to go thru to get to other lakes and restaurants!:(

Stritt
11-21-2011, 05:27 PM
I agree, not crazy about Lake Roy Motel but the location made it a great place to stay. Always had a great time taking our dinner cruise. Of course you could also find some great water for foot'n.

SkiDog
11-21-2011, 05:54 PM
I agree, not crazy about Lake Roy Motel but the location made it a great place to stay. Always had a great time taking our dinner cruise. Of course you could also find some great water for foot'n.

Never stayed there but always wanted to. Have you stayed there? its about the only hotel/motel on the actual chain that is on the lake!

Stritt
11-21-2011, 06:13 PM
We have stayed there quite a few times but its been several years ago. The best part was looking out and seeing your boat footsteps away. Even back in 05 the canal from Lake Roy out was pretty shallow....Lot of good times on the chain.

Looking to head up from Lake Harris to Silver River after turkey day, that is a fun cruise with the locks and some great footing water!

atlfootr
11-21-2011, 07:17 PM
I live on the Chain, if you still need info. call me!
Happy to assist .,

Stritt
11-21-2011, 07:25 PM
Appreciate it ......so what's the story from Lake Roy out to the other lakes? Have a 97 205....yeah or nay?

dski12
11-21-2011, 07:36 PM
Here is a few pics of a group of friends at the Lake Roy Beach Motel in June of 2011. We will be there the first weekend after Memorial Day. If anyone is interested just let me know. Nothing like boating and BBQ!!!

atlfootr
11-21-2011, 07:38 PM
Pretty much doable, where was it that your com'n in from again?

Stritt
11-21-2011, 08:14 PM
Orlando, quick get away for us :) Thanks for the information, we will be in Wednesday morning and leaving Thursday afternoon. Hopeful for some nice weather! Can you recommend a good place to eat via boat? If you see us out (97 Sammy 205 green/grey) wave us down.

11-22-2011, 01:10 PM
Here is a few pics of a group of friends at the Lake Roy Beach Motel in June of 2011. We will be there the first weekend after Memorial Day. If anyone is interested just let me know. Nothing like boating and BBQ!!!

Now come on...inquiring minds would like to know...where you the ONLY MC at a TIGE event???

HA HA HA

dski12
11-22-2011, 04:26 PM
It’s a weekend family getaway for friends to go boating and enjoy the water. It’s not about what kind of boat you own. But to answer your question, no, not the only Mastercraft. There were 3 Mastercrafts along with 3 Nautiques, Tige’s and Malibu’s. Hopefully you can come out next year and I will save you a couple of ribs. Let me know!

11-23-2011, 11:25 AM
Itís a weekend family getaway for friends to go boating and enjoy the water. Itís not about what kind of boat you own. But to answer your question, no, not the only Mastercraft. There were 3 Mastercrafts along with 3 Nautiques, Tigeís and Malibuís. Hopefully you can come out next year and I will save you a couple of ribs. Let me know!

Ribs....Yummy

Have a GREAT THANKSGIVING

Jim

jbkriss
11-23-2011, 11:59 AM
I drove by there on Monday (took the kids to LegoLand) and the water at the Lake Roy Beach Inn is higher now than in those pictures from June... not much beach left.

Smoothie
11-23-2011, 12:32 PM
When we were there early summer we had to walk it through the first canal to get over to the other lakes. It was especially shallow at the beginning and end of the canal. We have had lots of rain this summer so have to think levels are up. I also thought the hotel was great when we stayed there. The rooms were super clean and for it being a much older hotel was remodeled nicely. The ownership was super friendly and plenty of places to just hang out tiki hut, pool etc.

Stritt
11-25-2011, 05:05 PM
Had a great trip even with the windy weather we were able to find some good water to ski and foot.

Finally got to check our underwater light installed my 10 year was down there listening to music until we told him to go to bed, help us in another couple years.

Water level through the canals were fine and the beach looked like the water was up from what I recall in years past.

If you live in the area and want a quick get away this is the spot. Leave your boat on the water and go whenever you want then come back and relax on the beach.