What you guys think?

coz
11-17-2011, 08:57 PM
What you guys think?

Looks similar to a fishing boat windshield is what I think :confused:

http://www.bousleyfishing.com/images/boat_pic_003.jpg

Nick911
11-17-2011, 09:14 PM
We plan on fishing in our '25. Think it will make the boat feel bigger and more open. Can't hide from the cross breeze tho.

TN X-45
11-17-2011, 09:29 PM
I wonder what the purpose is? I read something about using it with a training/barefoot boom, but don't see this need with a V drive. What would the wind be like? What I do like is that this is the part of my windshield that gets the most smudges!

TOO-TALL
11-17-2011, 09:54 PM
Looks like the windsheild on the AXIS boats

madcityskier
11-17-2011, 10:32 PM
Seems like the side wrap on my stars and stripes catches a lot of the water that would otherwise be on the passengers. That being said this boat probably rides a lot higher, so that shouldn't be an issue. Is there a center pylon I missed that this boom would mount to? With that transformer looking tower I don't think I've seen a tower mount boom that would fit it. Pretty sure this boat would be strictly for wake sports, no boom required, or from what I see, planned for. Maybe I'm wrong?

zamboniman
11-17-2011, 10:37 PM
I like it. It's something the AXIS boats really have going for them. Makes it better for the driver from a docking perspective and also communicating with a rider in the water while swinging around. More wake and driver friendly overall.. less so for cruising around comfort.

swatguy
11-18-2011, 12:03 AM
I personally don't see much if a benefit from it at all. Especially with. 2 point towers and on a 25. The 25 already sits so high out of the water you could never reach over the side and grab anything.

While a great option for a 14v or a 197 I think it has next to zero usr on a bigger boat. I am assuming you have a 25 for bigger water. When it gets rough n windy one time you ate going to kick yourself for getting it.

While axis did do it their tower angles forward right over where that gap is and creates a huge blindspot. Just another way to skimpy on material and keep cost low for them.

kskonn
11-18-2011, 12:14 AM
Not a big fan of the above pic... I think the X25 is pretty classic...

FYI.... Nick911 nice job representing on Wakeworld even if they beat you to ****. According to them MB is the only boat worth buying... they seem to me like a bunch of guys who are pissed that they can't have a Mastercraft or CC so they pump the hell out of the tomcat--- I saw one today while traveling in North Carolina, did not care for the boat.

Nick911
11-18-2011, 12:33 AM
Not a big fan of the above pic... I think the X25 is pretty classic...

FYI.... Nick911 nice job representing on Wakeworld even if they beat you to ****. According to them MB is the only boat worth buying... they seem to me like a bunch of guys who are pissed that they can't have a Mastercraft or CC so they pump the hell out of the tomcat--- I saw one today while traveling in North Carolina, did not care for the boat.

I was a little harsh though instead of attacking the boat I attacked the people who drive them. Not everyone has oil money to drop tons of cash on a new MC.

Besides, what's the point of having a MC if you can't look down your nose at other boats :D

(just kidding)

And yes, in my profile pic, that is me with a baby strapped to my chest holding a dead salmon....I don't think the MB guys could handle that level of awesome...

Quinten
11-18-2011, 02:46 PM
I don't hope this is became the standard windshield for the x2, x25 and x15. I hope this is an option.