PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed on the best MC Service on the East Coast!

billkoral
11-17-2011, 10:45 AM
The short story is I need some repair work on my 2001 X-30 and we do not have a dealer nearby that I feel confident about. My thought is to trailer my boat pretty much anywhere east of the Missisippi to a great (and affordable) MC repair shop and let them go over it from bow to stern and repair whatever it needs. Mostly rust related itmes such as hinges and gas struts, some dash items, wiring, switches, lighting, etc. Even some gel coat help would be great. So, which dealer out there in MC world do you think is the best suited for my boat?
I was even thinking of taking it to the mastercraftskins shop east of DFW in TX for an interior re-do and then on to the Texas MC dealer but it's a long hike for me, like 1,700 miles and I'd rather find someone closer. Perhaps TN? Give me your thoguhts please!! Thanks.8p

Jerseydave
11-17-2011, 06:45 PM
Bay area watersports in Tampa FL

Sterling Marina in eastern PA

Mastercraft of Charlotte NC

Mastercraft of Cinncinatti

I've heard good feedback from all of the above

Stritt
11-17-2011, 06:49 PM
Make a vacation out of it and drop it off with Jim @ BAWS. Florida is nice this time of year. Jim would know if you can get MC skins, if not there is a company called copy cat covers here in Orlando......never used them so can't vouch for them.

HDAVIS
11-17-2011, 07:41 PM
Rambo Marine in Hazel Green Alabama at 256-828-3590. They are open Tue-Sat. Ask for James. I am not sure about gel coat work, but he will tell you. They will winterize, store your boat and fix anything, and have it ready in the spring. They will even pick up and deliver, but I don't know how far. GREAT service, Can't beat them. Great, friendly people.

Double D
11-17-2011, 08:46 PM
Boat House Marine at Tri-Lakes in Northeast Ohio. Ask for Chris or James. They'll do you right for all your needs. (330) 325-1824. Or www.bhmtrilakes.com. IMO

Sent from Never Neverland using my iPhone 4 on Tapatalk

FourFourty
11-18-2011, 12:18 PM
I cant say enough about how great Castaway Marina (Lake George NY) is........ Lonny (Service Manager) Is extremely knowledgable, and the work has always been top notch IMO. Lonny is also really good with Gel....

hondaprlud
11-18-2011, 01:48 PM
Boat House Marine at Tri-Lakes in Northeast Ohio. Ask for Chris or James. They'll do you right for all your needs. (330) 325-1824. Or www.bhmtrilakes.com. IMO

+1 they do a nice job.

billkoral
11-18-2011, 02:14 PM
I sincerely thank you all for your honest input here with my question yesterday. I will be giving it serious thought over the next few weeks and as my new trailer arrives Dec 5th, I have some time to put it all together. Road trip!!?
I appreciate more advice if anyone has some favorites to add here............Thanks everyone!! This is a great tool and forum indeed..............

Rodney
11-18-2011, 03:10 PM
I highly recommend Cincinnati Mastercraft. They have been phenomenal in there first few years of service. They just moved to a new location in Florence Ky. There shop is less than 2 miles from the expressway (I-75). I am a very happy customer and good friends with all the guys that work there...

Here is there site.....

cincymc.com

willyt
11-18-2011, 03:21 PM
x3 cincymc, plus I think Rodney can show you some of the consistently smoothest water you'll find in the US (watch out for stumps though... D'oh)

captain planet
11-18-2011, 03:44 PM

Sent from Never Neverland using my iPhone 4 on Tapatalk

Times 2......

Alright, I guess that would make me a +3

DooSPX
11-18-2011, 03:50 PM
If you come to FL, you will want to give Jim or Chuck a call at BAWS. They have always bent over backwards for me and everyone else I know as well. Great people!

93Prostar190
11-18-2011, 11:39 PM
Times 2......

Alright, I guess that would make me a +3

X4 I agree . We have a great dealer in Tri-lakes!

12-02-2011, 12:16 PM
Thanks to everyone for the referrals on the X30

Boat is scheduled to arrive mid December

Look forward to meeting you

[email protected]

JohnE
12-02-2011, 12:52 PM
Does he get a Cuban out of the deal.

mikeg205
12-02-2011, 12:55 PM
Does he get a Cuban out of the deal.

or at least a mojito... :D

12-15-2011, 04:56 PM
If it is OK with Bill I will do a photograhic exposay (sp) as the boat progresses. Bill flew back to NY yesterday after spending 2 days with us and agreeing to what was to be done to the boat

[email protected]

scott023
12-15-2011, 05:00 PM
Very cool. The progress pics will be a nice touch.

tommyadrian5
12-15-2011, 05:10 PM
I sincerely thank you all for your honest input here with my question yesterday. I will be giving it serious thought over the next few weeks and as my new trailer arrives Dec 5th, I have some time to put it all together. Road trip!!?
I appreciate more advice if anyone has some favorites to add here............Thanks everyone!! This is a great tool and forum indeed..............

Out of curiousity did you get the boat recently or have you had it for a while?

-V-
12-15-2011, 05:21 PM
X4 I agree . We have a great dealer in Tri-lakes!

I hear alot of good things about that place but compared to Texas MasterCraft just south of Austin, they were not that good.

I took my family in there just doing a little window shopping and was looking at buying some toys for the boat and they were not as friendly as expected. Maybe I caught them on a bad day?

Double D
12-15-2011, 05:55 PM
I hear alot of good things about that place but compared to Texas MasterCraft just south of Austin, they were not that good.

I took my family in there just doing a little window shopping and was looking at buying some toys for the boat and they were not as friendly as expected. Maybe I caught them on a bad day?

Maybe a bad day, maybe not the right person. I guess I wouldn't call them the place to be for a shopping spree. Very limited on the gear. But if you need your boat repaired, there you go!

Jerseydave
12-15-2011, 06:32 PM
Bill, where in NY are you from?
I'll go to BAWS with you in the spring to pick up that boat! I wanna try one of those cubans! :D

tommyadrian5
12-23-2011, 07:39 AM
I have a feeling this is the boat I test drove a few months ago...you are a brave man bill!

captain planet
12-23-2011, 09:32 AM
Maybe a bad day, maybe not the right person. I guess I wouldn't call them the place to be for a shopping spree. Very limited on the gear. But if you need your boat repaired, there you go!

It had to be an off day. Like DD said, not the place for a shopping spree. Chris Drabec at Tri-Lakes may be in the top 3 most friendly people I have met in my life.

billkoral
12-29-2011, 05:08 PM
If it is OK with Bill I will do a photograhic exposay (sp) as the boat progresses. Bill flew back to NY yesterday after spending 2 days with us and agreeing to what was to be done to the boat

[email protected]

Jim,
It was great meeting you all a few weeks back and I look forward to our ongoing project together. It is 100% OK to share your photo journal of my project with anyone that cares to see what you guys are doing to the old girl. I'm really impressed so far!! And as long as it keeps getting colder up this way, I'm in no rush to bring her home. I do miss my Avalanche though!!!
Thanks again to all!!!!

billkoral
12-29-2011, 05:10 PM
I'll go to BAWS with you in the spring to pick up that boat! I wanna try one of those cubans! :D

Hey thanks for the support. As I left my truck with them (as I was'nt really up for 2 round trips to Fl), I'll be flying back when its ready. I do hope Jim and the boys post some fun photos here as they go along.
Happy New Year!!

billkoral
12-29-2011, 05:11 PM

Sorry, I forgot to answer your question. I'm from Bridgehampton, out on the east end of Long Island...............

billkoral
12-29-2011, 05:14 PM
Make a vacation out of it and drop it off with Jim @ BAWS. Florida is nice this time of year. Jim would know if you can get MC skins, if not there is a company called copy cat covers here in Orlando......never used them so can't vouch for them.

Thanks Stritt for your great advice here!!!! So far , so good with the BAWS boys!!

billkoral
12-29-2011, 05:15 PM
I have a feeling this is the boat I test drove a few months ago...you are a brave man bill!

Not the same boat but probably similar!!! Brave man indeed, but what the heck!!??

DooSPX
12-31-2011, 02:31 PM
Another vote for BAWS! Great people, great service, great prices! You cannot get better than that!