PDA

View Full Version : Looking for awesome boat owners to host Wake the World events

Wake the World
11-16-2011, 11:14 PM
Wake the World is a group of boat owners, sharing a day at the lake with kids from local children's homes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngqwUsOIHwY

kskonn
11-16-2011, 11:38 PM
I would love to be involved in that Organization. I live in a small town outside San Antonio, I noticed that event was at Canyon lake which is about 40 minutes away from me. Please let me know the best way to get my info to you for future events.

fyi... I have an X2. I also have a 6 month old son, it is amazing how having a kid makes you want to help bring joy to other children. Every kid should have a day at the lake.

NashCraft
11-17-2011, 09:47 AM
I am located in Nashville and would love to help.

Nick911
11-17-2011, 12:41 PM
How about Canada?

Jerseydave
11-17-2011, 06:31 PM
Greg I would be available here in NJ/eastern PA to help out next season. You can always reach me by private message on this site.

-Dave

holdenh2o
11-17-2011, 07:52 PM
I'm in!!

San Antonio/Canyon Lake.

93Prostar190
11-17-2011, 10:09 PM
Hey maybe us Ohio guys can get it Rollin up here as well.

mtajpa
11-17-2011, 11:31 PM
Wake the World Lake Mead was a very enjoyable time for our family. If any of you get the chance I would highly recommend it. Can't wait until next years event. BBoats sponsored the event at Lake Mead.

sp00ky
11-17-2011, 11:49 PM
I'm in lake lanier GA.

kskonn
11-18-2011, 12:10 AM
Lets get this rolling, a bigger and more kids event in Texas. I can probably help with getting Texas Ski Ranch to help with the event etc... look forward to bringing joy to kids who need it!

ProStar Slalom
11-18-2011, 01:54 AM
I am located in Nashville and would love to help.

Our Club on Old Hickory has sponsored Boy Scouts in the past to earn their waterskiing badge. We're always up for community service projects.

Spork
11-18-2011, 09:31 AM
I'm in, just let me know when and where, Houston or San antonio area.

214skier
11-18-2011, 09:59 AM
the Ramerman family is in! We live in the greater Seattle area and have access to lots of local lakes.

GoneBoatN
11-18-2011, 10:29 PM
Count me in. Nor Cal (San Francisco Bay area).

Wake the World
11-19-2011, 11:34 AM
WOW!! You guys are freaking awesome! I can't tell you how excited I was to read all these great responses. I am currently getting ready to leave for the day. But tonight I will get on here with some more info.

CBechtler
11-19-2011, 12:29 PM
Let me warn you, when you volunteer for Wake the World you will find that it is the greatest organization and you may find your self wanting to do more and more. I manage the marina which hosts Wake the World NC and let me tell you I look so forward to the event. The kids are great the volunteers are great, buy volunteering you will not be disappointed.

Wake the World
11-19-2011, 08:31 PM
Alrighty... First let me list where WTW have been, the new ones and the ones in the works:

In 2011 we had:
Wake N Flake- Our fund raiser where we wakeboard and snowboard on the same day to raise money
WTW NC, Badin Lake
WTW NC Lake James
WTW Alabama- Smith Lake
WTW Kansas City- Smithville Lake
WTW TX Canyon Lake
WTW TN- Norris Lake
WTW SoCal - Lake Elsinore
WTW Lake Mead - Lake Mead

New for 2012:
WTW NC Adaptive (enabling the disabled)
WTW Oregon
WTW San Bernardino
WTW VA

Still in the works:
Florida, Virginia, Chicago, Pennsylvania, New England, Wisconsin, Denver, South Carolina, Lake Havasu, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Georgia, Lake of the Ozarks and Minnesota.

If you are interested in starting one give me your email and I will send you a package of info on how to hold an event. (it's easier than you think)

Wake the World
11-19-2011, 08:36 PM
If you have a facebook, you can search Wake the World. Each location has a facebook page except for San Bernardino, it will be up soon.

If you are interested in helping with any of the events send me an email and I will forward your email to the person in your area.

My email is [email protected] Be sure to put .net not .com

Fast50dad
11-20-2011, 08:20 AM
Count me in for ND or MN.

grimsweeper
11-20-2011, 10:46 PM
One more volunteer for Canyon Lake Tx. Also looking for volunteers for Operation Float A Soldier, first outing in [email protected] Canyon Lake.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=43735

Wake the World
11-21-2011, 01:19 AM
grimsweeper- We are starting an adaptive program this next season. Any advice you could share with us would be great. We are not sure who are target group should be. We could partner with Victory Junction Gang Camp (kids 16 and under), Adaptive Action Sports (mix of kids and young adults) or Wounded Warriors (young adult men) Our first adaptive event will be June 13&14, 2012 in NC. We are hoping for it grow like WTW has...

02ProstarSammyD
11-21-2011, 10:10 AM
some details for the NC event. I would be happy to help and have a buddy or 2 that I would have no doubt about either. Also I work with a 501 group up here that I could probably get 10-15 volunteers from. Best way to reach me is email [email protected]

jasonba1
11-21-2011, 10:13 AM
i would love to help out im in knoxville tn and would love to do one on fort loudon lake i could get the support of american boat center and knox wake to help out

Wake the World
11-28-2011, 08:50 AM
Thanks for the overwhelming positive response! So far our email contact list is up to 110!! I'm still waiting for about 30 or so more to respond. The reason I started this list is because I was getting great responses on this site as well as Malibu, Supra, Tige, CC, Wakeworld and facebook, but no one could see all of them like I could. I need a way for ALL the Ohio people or ALL NY people to talk to each other.

Sometime in the next week or so, I am going to send out emails to each specific area of the country. For example: Currently I have 4 emails for NorCal. I will send out an email addressed to all 4 people interested with information on hosting an event. These 4 will have each other's info and will be able to decide to whether or not to make this happen.

And again, THANK YOU SO MUCH, for the positive and encouraging comments! I started this thread on the 16th of November and when I checked it 2 and a half days later, there were 14 posts!! I will have to admit, it made me tear up...

willyt
11-28-2011, 09:08 AM
Ohio? I didn't see us on the list. If we have an event here count me in as well. I'll email you.

Dawg
12-04-2011, 03:49 PM
I am all in. This is my favorite thing to do...on mission. Years back we hooked up with In His Wakes Ministry(same ministry format) to get some material for a weekend youth retreat we held. The event was overwhelming and the impact it had is still talked about today by the kids that are now grown.
[email protected](western NC)

Wake the World
12-07-2011, 08:33 PM
On Monday, Wake the World Illinois was confirmed and today Wake the World Virginia was confirmed!

Wake the World Illinois will be on Fox Lake in the Chain O Lakes area (just north of Chicago).

Wake the World Virginia will be at Lake Country Marina on Lake Anna (north of Richmond).

willyt
12-07-2011, 09:14 PM
also - we've begun to plan wake the world ohio. email me to included in the planning/or if interested.

zamboniman
12-08-2011, 10:33 AM
Count me in for Illinois. I live on the chain and just added a X2 to the family.

EWood1326
12-08-2011, 04:24 PM
I am here in Oklahoma City and know it would be a good event here... I would be intersted in getting more info to try to have one here

skishack90
12-11-2011, 10:25 AM
IM IN. I LIVE IN MISSISSIPPI.

I live in a small town called Pass Christian. From my signature you can tell what type of boats I have. I would love to contribute to this cause and get more kids involved in the sport down here. I do not have a little one of my own but we give ski lessons down here so I work with kids all day. Kids are the best...

There are only two people in this world who are completely honest and that is a drunk old man and a four year old.

Wake the World
12-12-2011, 06:19 PM
skishack-
Send me your email and I will put you on the contact list. I just another inquiry from Mississippi this last week.

ORX-1
12-12-2011, 07:40 PM
I'd love to get involved with the Orgeon event [email protected]