PDA

View Full Version : Anyone recognize this PS190?

jamisonsbrodie
11-14-2011, 09:19 PM
https://picasaweb.google.com/110380946943673794028/Boat35?authkey=Gv1sRgCLvvyZrr_4_e1wE

This boat was listed for sale on CL locally, but it seems too good to be true. Story seems fishy. I was hoping that someone on here could verify it's legitimacy. I want to buy it if it's real, but i doubt it.

11-14-2011, 09:27 PM
OK it has an M in the #s on the side. How about the listing...did you call or email for more info?

Looks really clean

[email protected]

MIskier
11-14-2011, 09:31 PM
Unless the owner moved to MN I would be suspicious those are Michigan registration numbers.

No Skeez
11-14-2011, 09:31 PM
Photo #9 shows the full registration, which appears to be Michigan. Does this match the seller's story?

jakethebt
11-14-2011, 09:32 PM
No idea but it looks super clean...

jamisonsbrodie
11-14-2011, 09:41 PM
The mc in the registration is what got me suspicious initially. He claims 95 hours on it and that he is out of town for awhile, but the boat is supposedly with some e-bay seller. He claims it's in MN, but my requests to see it go nowhere. However, the seller claims that I can send payment, and if it's not as described I can return it for a refund. Yah!

Double D
11-14-2011, 10:17 PM
The mc in the registration is what got me suspicious initially. He claims 95 hours on it and that he is out of town for awhile, but the boat is supposedly with some e-bay seller. He claims it's in MN, but my requests to see it go nowhere. However, the seller claims that I can send payment, and if it's not as described I can return it for a refund. Yah!

What your saying says it all = SCAM!! Stay away!

jamisonsbrodie
11-14-2011, 10:53 PM
That's pretty much what I've felt all along, but I've been emailing him trying to play along. I am curious where the photos came from, as it does appear to be of a really mint PS. I was hoping someone on here recognized them. Keep an eye out for these pics on other listings.

eurosysytem0
11-15-2011, 05:13 AM
I had exactly the same scam here in UK. An X7 advertised on a reputable marine web site. I contacted the seller who said the boat was in London but he was in Dubai on business. All he wanted was a 1000 deposit sent to him to reserve the boat- returnable if I didnt like the boat. Then I noted in the background of the photos was a Bay Area Water Sports sign. Checked BAWS on the web, contacted them and they told me the boat was sold by them to a guy down the road in the USA. The scammer clearly had downloaded phots of the web and then marketed via a reputable boat site. In the Uk we have an agency who track down these scammers. reported the incident but have heard nothing since. Sent the scammer an email and voice mail telling him what a lying, conning b*****d he was. remeber the old maxim. "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!"

11-15-2011, 07:40 AM

Really to bad...a very good looking boat for sure!!!

[email protected]

scott023
11-15-2011, 09:13 AM
Really to bad...a very good looking boat for sure!!!

[email protected]

You're right. A darn nice boat.

corey
11-15-2011, 11:59 AM
Jamie,

I had another customer call about this boat, it seems super sketchy. Allegedly the boat is in some warehouse in MN but when I googled the name of the warehouse nothing came up in MN. My guess is that this boat does not exist, well at least not with the person listing it.

-V-
11-15-2011, 12:06 PM
I had the same type of scam happen to me, woman's husband dies, she moves from NC to Hawaii, she is selling a 2010 X-25, fully loaded for $20K, when i asked for the hull number, she mysteriously disappered, with her add. Pay-pal buyer crap is all she said prior to that. I would of loved that boat for that price.