PDA

View Full Version : Another MC owner...from France !

Fab
11-13-2011, 01:38 PM
So...After many months (years?) searching for my MC, reading almost every thread of this forum, visiting tons of wrecked MC...I finally found my 2008 X2, 250h, MCX, loaded with a LPG system (if i don't make mistakes with conversions the gas here in france is 7.7$/gal and LPG is 4.4$/gal...)

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/4118/81842348.jpg

That's some hell of a problem to find MC here in France (i would say even in Europe), as the boats have to be ordered new with a CE package delivered only by the MC factory, can't import directly a US MC boat...add some taxes...gas price...Really a hard way touching my dream...

But here it is !! need a X2 Fly high ballasts upgrade, one shredstixx surf and it's all good, will have to order all of this direct from the US...I wish i was a US citizen sometimes !! :D

I'm thinking of buying this stuff on waterskis.com, anyone had problems with them ?

can't wait till next summer !!

Kell
11-13-2011, 01:55 PM
Congrats and nice looking X2.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

11-13-2011, 03:06 PM
Awesome looking boat! Congrats on the find, you will have a lot of fun!

Waterskis.com is my local dealer, they are awesome and you shouldn't have any worries about dealing with them.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

mikeg205
11-13-2011, 03:10 PM
I wish i was a US citizen sometimes !! :D

Just sometimes? :D:D

thatsmrmastercraft
11-13-2011, 04:06 PM
Congrats on purchasing a beautiful boat and welcome to the MC family. As with GOLIATH, waterskis.com is also my local dealer. They are a great bunch of guys and will do a superb job in taking care of you.

waterlogged882
11-13-2011, 05:29 PM

mart_it
11-13-2011, 05:57 PM
Félicitation Fab, très jolie ce X2!
Wow un Mastercraft en France, lol....Quelle contraste avec les voiliers derrière!<
Eau douce ou salée?
Bienvenue!

bbymgr
11-13-2011, 07:59 PM
I pressed 1 for english!!

thatsmrmastercraft
11-13-2011, 08:23 PM
A very nice looking machine. Co-pilot is apparently an add-on to the boat purchase.

Congrats on the new boat. Hope you enjoy it a lot...

I think TT member Cory works for waterski.com. Maybe he can chime in with service.

You are correct sir. I'm sure he will be along.:popcorn:

Eagle
11-13-2011, 09:43 PM
Beautiful looking boat and nice glass water. Where in France are you?

CottagerGreg
11-13-2011, 10:01 PM
congrats on your purchase! Great looking boat!

Fab
11-14-2011, 05:24 AM
We'r riding on the "Lac du bourget" in Savoie, biggest fresh water lake of France...; and yes the docks are loaded with wrecks that never come out on water !

thx for the replies about waterskis.com...gonna do some shpping very soon !

Fab
11-14-2011, 05:31 AM
But i don't find any "Cory" in members list ?!

Eagle
11-14-2011, 09:20 AM
We'r riding on the "Lac du bourget" in Savoie, biggest fresh water lake of France...; and yes the docks are loaded with wrecks that never come out on water !

thx for the replies about waterskis.com...gonna do some shpping very soon !

Ahh, I was going to guess Lac d'Annecy but it looked slightly different. We go to Talloires many summers for a week, and see a number of nice wakeboats, including some Mastercrafts and Malibus.

I've purchased from waterskis.com a few times and had great service.

scott023
11-14-2011, 09:21 AM
Great looking boat. Congrats on the purchase.

thatsmrmastercraft
11-14-2011, 09:25 AM
But i don't find any "Cory" in members list ?!

The spelling is Corey. I sent him a PM requesting his presence.

DemolitionMan
11-14-2011, 09:46 AM
Nice boat Congrat's.

corey
11-14-2011, 10:22 AM
Congrats on the boat! She looks awesome! I've logged a lot of hours in an X-2 and I know you are going to be blown away with the performance, especially the surf wake.

I work for www.waterskis.com as the Parts and Sales Manager, I can help you with almost anything you would need for your boat or boating needs. I'd like to thank Goliath and MrMasterCraft for their recommendation, I know them both and their support helps us keep doing what we're doing.

We are still pretty busy with winterizating boats (24 degrees as a low later this week) so I haven't been on team talk much, you can always reach me directly at [email protected]

gatorguy
11-14-2011, 11:01 AM
That's a great looking boat, and the area you are in is beautiful too. Hope you love it! So I'm confused, do you have gas or LPG, or are you making the conversion yourself?

Fab
11-14-2011, 11:39 AM
In fact the boat has both gas and LPG, the MCX is still here with the stock fuel tank, and there are 4 LPG tanks in the rear compartments. The LPG has its own "computer" and injection, yu just have a switch on the dashboard, you choose LPG or gas and which LPG tanks you want to run...I have read some threads on this forum about this system, the conversion was made by the previous owner, in belgium !

The boat starts on gas, just to heat a little, then you just have to switch...

I will poste some pics to show the system

ttu
11-14-2011, 11:49 AM
So...After many months (years?) searching for my MC, reading almost every thread of this forum, visiting tons of wrecked MC...I finally found my 2008 X2, 250h, MCX, loaded with a LPG system (if i don't make mistakes with conversions the gas here in france is 7.7$/gal and LPG is 4.4$/gal...)

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/4118/81842348.jpg

That's some hell of a problem to find MC here in France (i would say even in Europe), as the boats have to be ordered new with a CE package delivered only by the MC factory, can't import directly a US MC boat...add some taxes...gas price...Really a hard way touching my dream...

But here it is !! need a X2 Fly high ballasts upgrade, one shredstixx surf and it's all good, will have to order all of this direct from the US...I wish i was a US citizen sometimes !! :D

I'm thinking of buying this stuff on waterskis.com, anyone had problems with them ?

can't wait till next summer !!

i need to run up to the lake and make sure my x2 is still in storage!!!!

thatsmrmastercraft
11-14-2011, 11:56 AM
In fact the boat has both gas and LPG, the MCX is still here with the stock fuel tank, and there are 4 LPG tanks in the rear compartments. The LPG has its own "computer" and injection, yu just have a switch on the dashboard, you choose LPG or gas and which LPG tanks you want to run...I have read some threads on this forum about this system, the conversion was made by the previous owner, in belgium !

The boat starts on gas, just to heat a little, then you just have to switch...

I will poste some pics to show the system

That sounds like a very interesting system.

okxstar
11-14-2011, 02:05 PM
The X2 flyhigh ballast system wont be very useful if your lpg tanks are already filling up your rear storage areas??? Am I understanding that they are in the same place the bags would go? Might be better off building your own system/kit if so.

Fab
11-14-2011, 02:51 PM
The X2 flyhigh ballast system wont be very useful if your lpg tanks are already filling up your rear storage areas??? Am I understanding that they are in the same place the bags would go? Might be better off building your own system/kit if so.

Yep you'r right, if the 4 LPG tanks are installed, both rear compartments are filled, but you can run only with two tanks in one side of the boat, which leaves a free compartment...well that's how i plan to setup the whole thing...i thought about placing fat sacs under portside or starboard seats but there is not a lot of room which means not a lot of weight...

Holman J.B.F
11-15-2011, 03:27 AM
@ Fab
do you have 4 steel tanks?they weight quite a bit too.
What kind of lpg system do you have? I was wondering since you have said it has to be switched on mannually.
Mine has a BRC switches over to lpg automatic as soon the engine/convertors reaches 40 celcius.
I can post a video of the the lpg system if you want me to,it shows also a fatsack setup underneath the tanks,..x-star though.

Gert
11-15-2011, 05:15 AM
Very nice boat.

I really doubt it would be a problem to import an US boat into Europe. At least, in Holland. Lots of people near my place do import used boats.
In fact, I found my boat in an other EU country, but when I registered my 190 in Holland, nobody asked anything. No papers, no documents, no formerly owners, nothing, just register. :confused:
I was really surprised by that.

Anyway, have fun. I winterized mine last Saturday, did some skiing too with 9°C watertemps :)

Fab
11-15-2011, 05:56 AM
@ Fab
do you have 4 steel tanks?they weight quite a bit too.
What kind of lpg system do you have? I was wondering since you have said it has to be switched on mannually.
Mine has a BRC switches over to lpg automatic as soon the engine/convertors reaches 40 celcius.
I can post a video of the the lpg system if you want me to,it shows also a fatsack setup underneath the tanks,..x-star though.

Yep 4 steel tanks, 70x30cm (27x11inch) and around 50kgs (110lbs) when full of LPG.

I don't realy know what system it is, the boat alway starts on gas and switch on LPG as soon as you rev over 2000tr/min, then stay on LPG. i didn't test if there is a temp limit...you just have a manual switch if yo want to run only on fuel...

I will get some pics tomorrow for you

yea it would be nice to see your fatsack setup underrneath the tank !!

Fab
11-15-2011, 06:07 AM
Very nice boat.

I really doubt it would be a problem to import an US boat into Europe. At least, in Holland. Lots of people near my place do import used boats.
In fact, I found my boat in an other EU country, but when I registered my 190 in Holland, nobody asked anything. No papers, no documents, no formerly owners, nothing, just register. :confused:
I was really surprised by that.

Anyway, have fun. I winterized mine last Saturday, did some skiing too with 9°C watertemps :)

Problem is that even in European union, each country has its own rules, it seems easier to import used boats in Holland and Belgium...As always in France the laws are very restrictive and you can't register your US boat without the "CE package" that's only delivered by the US factory (according to the french MC importer)and tons of other papers...

It's the same for the belgian trailer my x2 was given with, the trailer is totaly legal in belgium, but cannot be registered in France for some mechanical reasons...Last point about import is that there were some belgian MC registered with false papers around 2007 2008, so we frenchie have to be veryyyyy careful about this... :P

Gert
11-15-2011, 07:48 AM
Problem is that even in European union, each country has its own rules, it seems easier to import used boats in Holland and Belgium...As always in France the laws are very restrictive and you can't register your US boat without the "CE package" that's only delivered by the US factory (according to the french MC importer)and tons of other papers...
BTW, does anybody know what that "CE-package" in fact is?? Other than an sticker in the boat and an A4 document what says that it's an MasterCraft.
It's the same for the belgian trailer my x2 was given with, the trailer is totaly legal in belgium, but cannot be registered in France for some mechanical reasons.
That is the same over here. Those nice MasterCraft trailers are almost useless here. It is possible to arrange documents with them, but I think it is almost as expensive as buying an registered Dutch trailer, what I did.

Fab
11-16-2011, 07:00 AM
Yep that CE package is just some stickers and document delivered by MC...This was made to protect EU from the "invasion" of non-european brands...like all US wakeboats !!

I have made another thread about the LPG system as many requested...

Holman J.B.F
11-16-2011, 10:38 AM
here you go,...your system looks like a Prins system.Mine is BRC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yByulp2YPk&feature=player_detailpage

Fab
11-16-2011, 11:55 AM
you have a killer boat !! :-P

do you know what are the big differences between the two systems ?

It looks quite similar with 4 tanks and LPG injectors above the stock engine...

Tomi
11-16-2011, 12:09 PM
Hi,

I've been considering this modification myself. But I need the tanks to be portable to fill them. It seems that at least those red tanks in the video were just that. Any idea where those can be found in Europe?

Fab
11-16-2011, 12:17 PM
if you refer to my thread about LPG, you will see how my tanks are, they are fully portable, as i have to go to a fuel station tu refill, i have a plug to fill LPG like any car...

I already saw on this forum some threads on LPG, and i believe TB-boten in netherland could help (he's member of TT)

Fab
11-16-2011, 12:18 PM
if you refer to my thread about LPG, you will see how my tanks are, they are fully portable, as i have to go to a fuel station tu refill, i have a plug to fill LPG like any car...

I already saw on this forum some threads on LPG, and i believe TB-boten (MC import in netherland) could help (they have some members on TT)

Holman J.B.F
11-16-2011, 01:02 PM
i,m the one who,s doing lpg conversions for those guys.
Anyways,...the difference between Prins and brc is that brc has a more andvanced fine tuning software.
Both systems work,but imho brc works better on boats.

snork
11-16-2011, 02:24 PM
Holman, very nice set up, quite refined.

Any experience with the Ilmor conversion?

Quinten
11-16-2011, 02:35 PM
It's the same in belgium as in france, we can't import a trailer from outside belgium or we need to do al lot of changes and paper work. Even a boat needs the CE number.
It sucks that every country in eu have there own rules for this, why not make a eu rule for trailers and boats and that kind of stuff?????

Patrick Hardy
11-16-2011, 02:56 PM
It's the same in Belgium as in France, we can't import a trailer from outside Belgium or we need to do a lot of changes and paper work. Even a boat needs the CE number.
It sucks that every country in EU have there own rules for this, why not make a EU rule for trailers and boats and that kind of stuff?????

So does that mean you can only use your boat / trailer within its documented country, or can you use them all over Europe with some type of special travel permits? Nice boats and fuel systems.

Tomi
11-16-2011, 03:11 PM
Boat can be used without CE proof, which indeed is simply a sticker that is granted by the manufacturer that the product complies with EU regulations. Usually it means simply that if something happens, you will be responsible. There can be other restrictions (like registration) in some countries, but at least here in Finland there is none.

However, trailers are a different story. In most countries they need to be registered. There only axle and coupling CE certification has a relevance. And many countries require documentation that the axle and coupling are designed to work together (with trailers that have breaking axles). Then lights also need to have CE labels and they need to meet local legal requirements. Usually it is the axle and coupling that creates the problem since lights are easy to replace. E.g. all Europe Mastercrafts have European trailers also (I think, not sure). My boat is US made like all MC's, but the original MC trailer is made in UK.

Fab
11-16-2011, 03:19 PM
Yep, never saw a european MC that was given with the MC trailer, no way that kind of trailer can go trough register...

Patrick Hardy
11-16-2011, 03:23 PM
Boat can be used without CE proof, which indeed is simply a sticker that is granted by the manufacturer that the product complies with EU regulations. Usually it means simply that if something happens, you will be responsible. There can be other restrictions (like registration) in some countries, but at least here in Finland there is none.

However, trailers are a different story. In most countries they need to be registered. There only axle and coupling CE certification has a relevance. And many countries require documentation that the axle and coupling are designed to work together (with trailers that have breaking axles). Then lights also need to have CE labels and they need to meet local legal requirements. Usually it is the axle and coupling that creates the problem since lights are easy to replace. E.g. all Europe Mastercrafts have European trailers also (I think, not sure). My boat is US made like all MC's, but the original MC trailer is made in UK.

So they can be used and moved all over Europe with no problems / permits for each country?

Fab
11-16-2011, 03:29 PM
Yes you just need to have to the boat/trailer registered in your EU country, then you can move to any EU country with no problem...but if you want to sell the boat/trailer to another country, it could be impossible to register in that country for the new owner...

Even after several months searching for my MC in others EU countries, i still have difficulty to understand that mess

Quinten
11-17-2011, 02:28 PM
Yes you just need to have to the boat/trailer registered in your EU country, then you can move to any EU country with no problem...but if you want to sell the boat/trailer to another country, it could be impossible to register in that country for the new owner...

Even after several months searching for my MC in others EU countries, i still have difficulty to understand that mess

jep totaly true, the laws of regesration depends on your country the boat/trailer is registrated, but sometimes you need to get additionel stuff to you boat to get on other waters than in your country.