PDA

View Full Version : 2012 fuel system

CantRepeat
11-11-2011, 04:03 AM
Here's what it looks like and for the life of me I can't see an 8% increase in cost because of it.

JimN
11-11-2011, 09:00 AM
Here's what it looks like and for the life of me I can't see an 8% increase in cost because of it.

You can't? Look at all of the new parts- inlet control valves, dual EPA-style fillers, carbon canister, expansion tank, fill level vent valve, grade valve, new pump and the tank is now nylon instead of PE. I'd bet that the EPA wants the fillers certified, too.

CantRepeat
11-11-2011, 09:17 AM
You can't? Look at all of the new parts- inlet control valves, dual EPA-style fillers, carbon canister, expansion tank, fill level vent valve, grade valve, new pump and the tank is now nylon instead of PE. I'd bet that the EPA wants the fillers certified, too.

No, I can't. :rolleyes: 8k on a 100k boat.

What's new, a valve, canister and an expansion tank. We already had a pump that's $500 so we're talking about 2 filler caps and that justifies 8%? No, I didn't think so.

Now if they are passing along the EPA cost to the customer then I guess it could be that much spread across total sales, but I doubt that as well.

JimN
11-11-2011, 09:30 AM
No, I can't. :rolleyes: 8k on a 100k boat.

What's new, a valve, canister and an expansion tank. We already had a pump that's $500 so we're talking about 2 filler caps and that justifies 8%? No, I didn't think so.

Now if they are passing along the EPA cost to the customer then I guess it could be that much spread across total sales, but I doubt that as well.

But look at everything above the tank- it's there to recover vapors and keep gas from getting into the water. Once the EPA/government gets their hands in the mix, it's bound to be more expensive. Also, did MC specifically state that the new fuel system was the only reason for the price increase?

Thrall
11-11-2011, 11:44 AM
It must be the new improved harness and connector on the fuel pump.:rolleyes: 'Cuse that was the problem with the old pumps!:rolleyes:
Looks like more parts shoved into the boat to fix, work/around, etc. God bless the EPA. Saving us from zombies and goblins every day!:rolleyes:
Dual fuel fillers would be nice on my 06 though. (Notice no sarcasm smiley here)

CantRepeat
11-11-2011, 12:10 PM
But look at everything above the tank- it's there to recover vapors and keep gas from getting into the water. Once the EPA/government gets their hands in the mix, it's bound to be more expensive. Also, did MC specifically state that the new fuel system was the only reason for the price increase?

Other then the parts I listed my 06 already has.

No the 8% figure was not posted by MC, it was from a very large dealer here in Alabama. ;) I still don't see an 8% increase from 2011 to a 2012 regardless.

snork
11-11-2011, 12:33 PM
Other then the parts I listed my 06 already has.

No the 8% figure was not posted by MC, it was from a very large dealer here in Alabama. ;) I still don't see an 8% increase from 2011 to a 2012 regardless.

Its 8% increase regardless of what MC didn't do, look at the history of price increases
Don't you know MC a big company now I'm surprises there's not occupiers picketing at the gate

CantRepeat
11-11-2011, 12:56 PM
Its 8% increase regardless of what MC didn't do, look at the history of price increases
Don't you know MC a big company now I'm surprises there's not occupiers picketing at the gate

You bring the beer and I'll meet you in the parking lot!! :D

jwardenjr
11-11-2011, 03:25 PM
And the fuel gauge only works half the time now !

bcd
11-11-2011, 05:13 PM
The new system still sprays gas before the gas pump cuts out when full and the fill port is lined up directly with the trailer guide boom on the X-2.