PDA

View Full Version : Fall Weather.....2011

mikeg205
11-08-2011, 07:47 PM
Could not believe weather today in Columbus OH....75 clear, bright sunshine...should have brought my ski and mooched a ride somewhere....down by the riverside....

what's your weather like? wife said weather in chicago was cold...

gatorguy
11-08-2011, 08:10 PM
Let's see... I think mother nature is trying to kill us here in Oklahoma. In the last two days we've had a tornado only a few miles from the house, and an earthquake 5.2 (I know it's small by CA standard). This is after a record drought, and wild fires within sight of the house. If we look a little farther back in the 2.5 yrs Ive been here, there was a 100yr ice storm that left us with no power for 9 days, a 100yr blizzard, and multiple other tornados. Plus the 15-20mph daily wind. So, anyone feel like moving to OK?

mikeg205
11-08-2011, 08:17 PM
Let's see... I think mother nature is trying to kill us here in Oklahoma. In the last two days we've had a tornado only a few miles from the house, and an earthquake 5.2 (I know it's small by CA standard). This is after a record drought, and wild fires within sight of the house. If we look a little farther back in the 2.5 yrs Ive been here, there was a 100yr ice storm that left us with no power for 9 days, a 100yr blizzard, and multiple other tornados. Plus the 15-20mph daily wind. So, anyone feel like moving to OK?

sorry to hear that... in the spring I was traveling thru MO and missed all the tornadoes...itss been rough in that area this year

Double D
11-08-2011, 08:26 PM
Could not believe weather today in Columbus OH....75 clear, bright sunshine...should have brought my ski and mooched a ride somewhere....down by the riverside....

what's your weather like? wife said weather in chicago was cold...

That sucks. I'm from Ohio and in Chicago missing the warm weather (my boat is still ready) and your from Chicago in Ohio wishing to enjoy the weather. Ironic state of affairs.

broncotw
11-09-2011, 09:19 AM
Gatroguy -- I think you need to relocate out of Oklahoma! Besides having to deal with all of Mother Nature's furry (tornadoes, drought, fires, and earthquakes) you also have to deal with something far worse -- the SOONERS! I would move out of that state ASAP!

willyt
11-09-2011, 09:26 AM
Yea... Don't rub the fact it was 75 here yesterday in. Started a new job with only 1 week of vaca till the end of the year (4 weeks next year). Totally would have called off and put the boat in if I could have.

Would have been happy to pull ya. Perhaps we could start a 'give willyt your unused vacation so we can all ski' charity.

Btw - any jokes mentioned hereafter about the second mile charity would be too soon and disturbing, but probably funny.

gatorguy
11-09-2011, 09:54 AM
Gatroguy -- I think you need to relocate out of Oklahoma! Besides having to deal with all of Mother Nature's furry (tornadoes, drought, fires, and earthquakes) you also have to deal with something far worse -- the SOONERS! I would move out of that state ASAP!

Yea, those Sooners are just too mean. They didn't hardly even let that cow team score any points. When they played a few weeks back.

Don't worry about me though. Uncle Sam only has me by the short hairs for another 18 months, 6 of which will be in an Arab country (not sure which one yet, who knows, could be Iran by the time I actually leave country). Then I will be high tailing it to the mountain west. Most likely Huntsville UT. For anyone who's been there I can't think of a better place to live. Within 2 minutes of your front door you have waterskiing, 2 world class ski resorts plus a little bunny hill, rock and ice climbing, mountain biking and snowmobiling. It is still a little farm community, but within 45min you have an international airport, MC dealer ship, and every other thing a major city has to offer. Plus if you drive 5-6 hours your at Powell. Also there are several very good Universities for the kids.

I can't wait, now all I need is a job at a hospital in Ogden.

GoneBoatN
11-09-2011, 11:35 AM

You don't have the wrong location, just the wrong century. :)

BTW, 5.2 is really getting up there. 3's you barely feel, low 4's you start to really feel but the movement does not seem to be enough to cause much to happen unless maybe you have the cookie jar set teetering on the edge of the counter. But 5's begin to really rattle your cage.

Fall weather here was doing really good up through the end of October which is typical. Water temp 70, air temp in the low 80's. Now Air temps are in the mid-low 60's, water temp is 65 and occasional rain is in the forecast. We enjoy snow sports so I winterized this past week and we are just waiting for enough snow in the mountains to go downhill skiing and snowboarding. Next couple of weeks we will scuba dive around Monterey Bay. We had a great summer with the boat so I don't mind putting it away until the middle/end of April.

mikeg205
11-10-2011, 05:55 PM
That sucks. I'm from Ohio and in Chicago missing the warm weather (my boat is still ready) and your from Chicago in Ohio wishing to enjoy the weather. Ironic state of affairs.

man o man..drove back yesterday...was 63 in downtown columbus...passes one line of clouds on intertate 70 then the temp dropped to 52....next line of clouds temp dumped to 42...39 when I pulled into plainfield, il....

ran in the house like a little girl....could not deal with 39...lol