PDA

View Full Version : New Teal 1996-1998 Gelcoat Needed

RADAR69
11-07-2011, 10:19 AM
DOES ANYONE HAVE SPARE GELCOAT OF THIS COLOR ?
SPECTRUM SELLS IT ONLY IN GALLONS AT :mad: $2XX.XX BUT I NEED ONLY A QUART OR SO.
IF YOU HAVE A MINUS THAN 6 MONTHS QUANTITY :rolleyes:PLEASE CONTACT ME AT [email protected]
THANK YOU.

kskonn
11-07-2011, 12:10 PM
DOES ANYONE HAVE SPARE GELCOAT OF THIS COLOR ?
SPECTRUM SELLS IT ONLY IN GALLONS AT :mad: $2XX.XX BUT I NEED ONLY A QUART OR SO.
IF YOU HAVE A MINUS THAN 6 MONTHS QUANTITY :rolleyes:PLEASE CONTACT ME AT [email protected]
THANK YOU.

I would check with a mastercraft dealer to see if they can help you out. I know mine has on occasion.

Skipper
11-07-2011, 08:28 PM
A while back somebody posted about another company that offered gel-cote repair kits. Might try a search of threads. I cannot remember the company. Wish I could because I need to fix some scuffs on my boat and I prefer the paste for small repairs this company offered pint sized paste when the other only offered quart sized liquid.

dfd22120
11-07-2011, 08:54 PM
http://www.doctorwholesale.com/index.html

You may want to give this place a try. They have not been the quickest, but they are friendly and want to help. I sent them 2 samples of colors I got from color samples from the paint store. They matched them. Mine is suposed to ship on Wednesday so I can't report on the results yet, but you can definatelly get small quantaties even down to 1/2 qt. of custom matched gel.

macattack
11-07-2011, 08:59 PM
Mini-Craft of Florida has your color...mac

http://www.minicraft.com/

dfd22120
11-07-2011, 09:16 PM
I ordered from Mini-Craft this spring, and the color they sent may be the original color I have no way to tell, but it is no where near a match to what the color is now. The boat is a 96 and it has been storred inside and trailered since it was new so I can't believe the gel is that faded.

I sent in my samples to The Yacht Dr. and they are suposed to be matching to the color it is now now what it was.

RADAR69
11-10-2011, 03:05 PM
I will wait and see what happens with the other comments before buying.

RADAR69
11-10-2011, 03:07 PM
DFD22120 keep me informed please.

RADAR69
11-16-2011, 01:32 PM
Dfd22120 How Did Your Color Turn Out From Dr.yacht Close Match Or Not?

waterlogged882
11-16-2011, 06:31 PM

DooSPX
11-18-2011, 09:59 AM
I ordered from Mini-Craft this spring, and the color they sent may be the original color I have no way to tell, but it is no where near a match to what the color is now. The boat is a 96 and it has been storred inside and trailered since it was new so I can't believe the gel is that faded.

I sent in my samples to The Yacht Dr. and they are suposed to be matching to the color it is now now what it was.

Trust me, as the boat ages, even though the boat has never been left on the water and always is garage kept, the color WILL change, Your eyes will not notice, but put it next to the original color in a can and you will see the difference. Ask me how I know... :rolleyes::rolleyes: