PDA

View Full Version : !999 vrs 230 Tranny

Bruce
11-04-2011, 01:11 PM
Son in law just took subj. boat to shop (no Mastercrafr dealer in area) When I went to warm it up awhile back (it had been hanging in sraps for sometime) I turned on bilge pump and out came tranny fluid. Not a good thing. Fluid was clear not milky. Figured seal had dried up and leaked all the fluid out. ( I had cranked it but not engaged trans) I go to dealer to check on it after he had had it a month. They say it is in the shop. Duh. By shop they meant AAMCO trans. I go there and he was waiting on parts to rebuild. I asked what had caused the problem. He said it was full of water! I said how did the water get in there. He said probably through outdrive. (on a Vdrive in board!) I just left. Dealer told my son-inl-law It was $1100 to pul it but total would probably be close to $5000.00. I suggested to my son-in-law that he let me ask on Team Talk next time! Any thoughts? (other than he got screwed):mad.

11-04-2011, 01:20 PM
Was the work authorized???

Go get your boat and tranny

[email protected]

Bruce
11-04-2011, 01:23 PM
Jim I don't know what my son in law signed. Part of cost was shop said they had to pull and dump the gast tank so they could weld something.